• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tyler Adams

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This video gives a good selection of his strengths (ignore the title maybe). I sort of share @tcahill 's thoughts on this that he would be a quality RB - but we already have one - and a decent DM - but perhaps not the very best that we could find.

Overall I'd still be pleased with this signing though. A versatile, high quality young player who can cover two positions well. Don't think we'd regret it if the funds are there.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

But we do need a backup for Tomi whose quality. If he gets injured we are doomed
Currently White can be our RB backup, because I think Holding can cover CB position well enough.

But we do still have Chambers and Cedric, so might be better to keep White focused on the CB position.

drippin

This is a player I really like the look of, would be buzzing if we managed to sign him. With Tomi cementing RB though it seems a bit unlikely that we'd spoon out £34m for a player of the same age. Not sure he's the best option for central midfield either so there's probably nothing much in this one unless Tomiyasu is seen long term as a CB
Would be a bit weird signing, considering we would basically have 3 makeshift RB's then. But if the club wants DMF starting/cover in January, and 2nd RB with the same transfer, Adams would be an interesting option.

But is Adams good enough to start here long term? Because 40 million is a lot for a squad player.

Tomiyasu might be seen as squad CB/RB long term. I think he deserves to play quite much, but I also want Arsenal to upgrade their whole squad to better levels.

Barry

Would be a bit weird signing, considering we would basically have 3 makeshift RB's then. But if the club wants DMF starting/cover in January, and 2nd RB with the same transfer, Adams would be an interesting option.

But is Adams good enough to start here long term? Because 40 million is a lot for a squad player.

Tomiyasu might be seen as squad CB/RB long term. I think he deserves to play quite much, but I also want Arsenal to upgrade their whole squad to better levels.
There were strong links to him in the summer with the suggestion that he was our first choice but we couldn't make it happen, so not surprised to see the links resurfacing.

It's similar to Tomiyasu in that the doubts stem from him playing in two positions, but it looks like he is very decent in both. He's a superb ball winner and controls the space. Also fast and agile with a decent passing range. I don't know what his ultimate level is, but he's seen as the MVP for the American national team, ahead of Pulisic and other really good players.

Agree though, it would be a weird one on the face of it.

drippin

There were strong links to him in the summer with the suggestion that he was our first choice but we couldn't make it happen, so not surprised to see the links resurfacing.

It's similar to Tomiyasu in that the doubts stem from him playing in two positions, but it looks like he is very decent in both. He's a superb ball winner and controls the space. Also fast and agile with a decent passing range. I don't know what his ultimate level is, but he's seen as the MVP for the American national team, ahead of Pulisic and other really good players.

Agree though, it would be a weird one on the face of it.
Well, maybe they see him a long term starting option then. He will only turn 23 in a few months, so would fit our profile of players who are young, versatile, potential with enough experience.

If the club has some money, and Laca will stay, the club could activate Adams' clause on 1st January to boost our season and minimize AFCON worries. A potential starting midfielder who can cover/compete Tomiyasu.

If Adams is as good as you suggest, even 40 million won't have us lose much money even if he doesn't succeed very well. And the clause is in euros too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The one thing you can say is we definitely need another midfielder and we probably could do with another RB given Cedric and Chambers aren't at the level required.

It's not a bad thing to have versatile players in your squad. United used to have Park and OShea who could play multiple positions, Liverpool with Milner, Barca with Sergi Roberto, Inter with Zanetti who could play in midfield and either FB position.

Barry

Well, maybe they see him a long term starting option then. He will only turn 23 in a few months, so would fit our profile of players who are young, versatile, potential with enough experience.

If the club has some money, and Laca will stay, the club could activate Adams' clause on 1st January to boost our season and minimize AFCON worries. A potential starting midfielder who can cover/compete Tomiyasu.

If Adams is as good as you suggest, even 40 million won't have us lose much money even if he doesn't succeed very well. And the clause is in euros too.
Yeah I don't want to over hype him because I haven't seen very much of him for Leipzig or the US, but he was my top RB pick in the summer (was quite fond of Emerson as well, but I'm keeping that quiet now 🤣)

It would be a bit left-field but bringing him in January to cover AFCON would be a smart move, both long and short term. He's similar in profile to AMN though so if he does come it probably means that Ainsley is leaving.

Henry boi

Currently White can be our RB backup, because I think Holding can cover CB position well enough.

But we do still have Chambers and Cedric, so might be better to keep White focused on the CB position.
But the drop off in quality is huge

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The one thing you can say is we definitely need another midfielder and we probably could do with another RB given Cedric and Chambers aren't at the level required.

It's not a bad thing to have versatile players in your squad. United used to have Park and OShea who could play multiple positions, Liverpool with Milner, Barca with Sergi Roberto, Inter with Zanetti who could play in midfield and either FB position.

Let's not forget our depth is a bit meh. I'm sorry but guys like Cedric, Chambers, Mari, etc we no are not at the level required if they're called upon for longer than just a few games.

drippin

Yeah I don't want to over hype him because I haven't seen very much of him for Leipzig or the US, but he was my top RB pick in the summer (was quite fond of Emerson as well, but I'm keeping that quiet now 🤣)

It would be a bit left-field but bringing him in January to cover AFCON would be a smart move, both long and short term. He's similar in profile to AMN though so if he does come out probably means that Ainsley is leaving.
Bringing Adams in now, would mean he is ready for next season.

This would mean Xhaka is not starting next season. Or with 2 years in contract, we would get okay money for Xhaka, and buy even another midfielder after selling him.

AMN is interesting now, but I think he wants to go soon. It's better for his career.

drippin

The good thing about a release clause is that it can be activated like Partey's, and we get the player as fast as possible, without haggling.

To me it sounds like 40 million euros is not overpaying much for Adams. It's like 34-35 million pounds. 22 years old is not much for a midfielder who is good enough to play RB.

Biggest worry is if Adams is injury-prone. He has been injured somewhat much, but that might not be long-term, but adjusting to men's games in tougher leagues etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tyler Adams is multi position player like AMN but with better quality.

Yesterday also seen links with promising bologna midfield Svanberg.

Barry

Bringing Adams in now, would mean he is ready for next season.

This would mean Xhaka is not starting next season. Or with 2 years in contract, we would get okay money for Xhaka, and buy even another midfielder after selling him.

AMN is interesting now, but I think he wants to go soon. It's better for his career.
This is pretty much how I see it as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tyler Adams is multi position player like AMN but with better quality.

Yesterday also seen links with promising bologna midfield Svanberg.
Good signing from my old town Malmö. We could do with a swede, after Kim k embarrassed us here we need someone to redeem us

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good signing from my old town Malmö. We could do with a swede, after Kim k embarrassed us here we need someone to redeem us
He been very solid with bologna too i don't watch much thier games but look he developing very well only 22 years too

tcahill

I think there's a fair bit of recency bias regarding Chambers on here. He had a poor start to the season, and been benched since, but he's overall had plenty of good games at RB and at CB. Besides that he's also homegrown. I think he's a very respectable back up RB, I wouldn't be overly uncomfortable if he had to step in to Tomiyasu's spot in case of injury etc.

Cedric is worse, and unfortunately with his wages relative to ability is here to stay for awhile. Him and Chambers don't belong in the same category.

Relevance to this thread - I don't want us spending 40 mill on Adams as a RB. CM or don't buy him. Then as a CM I'm not sure he's better than someone like Neves.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom