• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v PSG | 23rd of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
He wasn't good in any aspect of the game other than his workrate and pressing. His primary role is to receive the ball from the defenders and move it up field, being the link from defense to attack. He rarely if ever dropped deep to take the ball from our centre backs. This happened nearly every time him and Coquelin played together last season because neither of them do it and our midfield is basically non existant when the pair of them play together. He doesn't want to be a midfielder. You can see he wants to be higher up the pitch getting the glory of scoring goals.

You nailed it. I am scratching my head at some comments here. We lost the battle in the middle of the park simply because our two CM's don't have the skills and quality to do what you mentioned above.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Which is simply untrue. He's not a bottler at all and finishes at a good rate. We were just extremely lucky in both games.

Lucky us then.:lol::lol:

His kids must support Arsenal. It's a shame how much better PSG have proved to be than us. I wouldn't even place them up there with the best teams in Europe.

There really are levels to this sh*t and we're on the outside looking in.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

sport-wenger-month-by-month-part-1.jpg

we are reversing this afwul stat.
progress.
Haha, Wenger gives us a **** start to the season, a woeful build up to Christmas and a poor new year. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we got worse ever since.. Any half decent team that can keep possession or play a high intensity game always ends up dominating and beating us.

This post Fabregas era has been excruciating to watch.Poor poor football with no set direction. We got into each game hoping for the best rather than a set plan. Poor poor players that lack technical ability (apart from Özil, Santi and Sanchez).
We had the most clean sheets last year and we've lost once in 34 games recently. Where are all these teams that end up beating us with high intensity?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I don't care about opponent in last 16.If you want to be the best,you have to beat the best teams.That's CL and you can't go with easier way.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You nailed it. I am scratching my head at some comments here. We lost the battle in the middle of the park simply because our two CM's don't have the skills and quality to do what you mentioned above.

I don't get it either. Receive the ball and move it forward, that's what someone playing alongside Coquelin should be doing. Someone posted a stat that Ramsey to Mustafi was the highest passing combo. That simply wouldn't happen if it was Cazorla next to Coquelin. I wouldn't say he had a bad game, he just didn't do what someone playing there should do in my opinion, and that to me is always the problem with him.

WrM5N51.png

How many forward passes do you see there? Hardly any, and a decent number of them are failed attempts.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would love Özil and Alexis to turn up in a big CL game like, **** sake.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Are we? Haven't we drawn like every game in November?:lol::lol:
we havent lost a single game in whats definetly our worst month of the season, when you play football you first try not to lose.
we are rotating the team we are missing our most important player, yet we look like topping our CL group and we didnt lose against Sp**s or united.
i would say it is a good month for us, a very good one, we can build on this.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Winning an FA /Carling Cup is not a gauge of progress.. Even Portmouth, Wigan, Swansea etc won these cups.

The progress should be on the pitch and champions league, when was the last time we were title contenders?

It is, because back then we couldn't even win that.

SteveEvets

Which is simply untrue. He's not a bottler at all and finishes at a good rate. We were just extremely lucky in both games.

It's that he scores his goals in low pressure situations against Nantes and Guingamp and miss millions of chances against us, or in the knockout stages of the CL. He probably scores 2 times in 3 shots against rubbish French teams and then 2 goals in 13 shots against us. The average looks good.

Whereas Suarez and Griezmann will score 1 for every 4 or 5 shots against everyone, no matter the situration. That's the difference.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
did wenger really said that we could have won this game with cazorla on the field? that is so not a thing wenger would say.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

we havent lost a single game in whats definetly our worst month of the season, when you play football you first try not to lose.
we are rotating the team we are missing our most important player, yet we look like topping our CL group and we didnt lose against Sp**s or united.
i would say it is a good month for us, a very good one, we can build on this.
But we're averaging 1.5 points a game this November, that's actually below the average on the picture you posted. We ain't reversing anything, we're just making it worse without it looking bad.:lol:

The subtext is all valid though. I can understand that, I've just given up with looking at the finer details with Arsenal. Going back to looking at the macros rather than the micros, they tend to be more useful in determining a football teams success.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't get it either. Receive the ball and move it forward, that's what someone playing alongside Coquelin should be doing. Someone posted a stat that Ramsey to Mustafi was the highest passing combo. That simply wouldn't happen if it was Cazorla next to Coquelin. I wouldn't say he had a bad game, he just didn't do what someone playing there should do in my opinion, and that to me is always the problem with him.

WrM5N51.png

How many forward passes do you see there? Hardly any, and a decent number of them are failed attempts.

I did mention that passing combination. The problem here, some think that running or tackling is what a CM is about. The guy is decent at that but as far as being a midfield general, able to control the flow of a game, he is totally lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom