• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
First draw is coming up (Arsenal not involved):

In the our non-Champions part of the draw 5 matches will be drawn:

seeded (in ranking order):
FC Zenit (RUS)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
FC København DEN)
R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
Beşiktaş JK (TUR)

unseeded (in ranking order):
FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)
Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
Feyenoord (NED)
Grasshopper Club (SUI)
AEL Limassol FC (CYP)

because of the situation in Ukraine Zenit can not draw Dnipro. Good for both of them; bad for all other clubs in the draw, because tehy're now more likely to draw the highest ranked team.

Caz19

We can beat all those teams quite easily though would prefer not to get Dnipro or Feyenoord, Grasshopper would be a nice draw.

Edit: Oh just realized we're not involved in this, NVM.

clockwork orange

Caz19 said:
We can beat all those teams quite easily though would prefer not to get Dnipro or Feyenoord, Grasshopper would be a nice draw.

Edit: Oh just realized we're not involved in this, NVM.
I'ld like Arsenal to avoid Zenit, Dnipro and Lille. IF Feyenoord (big IF) make the next round they'll have no chance v Arsenal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who can we play in our qualifying game clock, all of the above?

clockwork orange

Yep. After the matches drawn today have been concluded there'll 5 of them left. We'll draw one of those.

edit: IF Zenit qualify they'll be seeded in the next draw, so that means in that case we could draw Bilbao too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2014.html</a>

clockwork orange

Limassol v Zenit
Dnipro v FC Kobenhavn
Feyenoord v Besiktas
Grasshoppers v Lille
Standard v Panathinaikos

Arsenal will draw one of the winners of these matches In case Zenit wins, they'll be seeded and Bilbao will be unseeded, so we could draw either Bilbao or one of the other 4 winners.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bilbao would be tough enough..... as for the rest I see no team there that should make us nervous.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bilbao will be tough team they don't have many quality players but at their stadium are so tough hopefully we not play them.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Barring an injury crisis and heavy fatigue issues with our top players due to the WC, I'm not too bothered which side we'll be facing in the CL-QF.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Zenit looks like they've bought a ref in this match. Sending off a Limassol player for 2 very questionable offences. Just waiting for the dubious PK now. It stinks. Still 70 mins to go. This sport is so tainted, makes you want to puke. Then you think that a racist dictatorship of a country & and oil rich, human rights infringing state got the next two WC's.

redanddread

redwhiteAustrian said:
Barring an injury crisis and heavy fatigue issues with our top players due to the WC, I'm not too bothered which side we'll be facing in the CL-QF.

We don't want Bilbao-trust me.

redanddread

0-0 at 1/2 time. AVB & his Ukrainian paymasters heading out of the CL as it stands. Limassol play some good football-a few Braslians in their team.

redanddread

Zenit's ceaseless pressure pays off. Rondon with the goal in the 55th minute. Difficult to see anything but a Zenit win now. 1-1 on aggregate now/

redanddread

87th min and still 1-1 on aggregate-change that! 2-1 Zenit - looked offside. killer blow, AVB & his troops look to be through, oh & for good measure the dubious PK.....3-0, & 3-1 on aggregate.

Poor old Limassol never stood a chance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well I guess Bilbao will be the team to avoid, are Lille or Besiktas any good?

Iceman10

Established Member
It can all be deduced from above, but to bring upto date now that the latest round is done and the draw is on Friday:

Non-Champions Route

Seeded: Arsenal, FC Porto, Zenit St Petersburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli

Unseeded: Athletic Bilbao, Lille, FC Copenhagen, Standard Liege, Besiktas.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28701951

Celtic have been reinstated to the Champions League after Legia Warsaw were kicked out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player.

Legia won the third qualifying round tie 6-1 on aggregate but brought on Bartosz Bereszynski in the second leg, while he was supposed to be suspended.
Last 2 minutes of 2nd leg. Incredible how that can happen. Someone just potentially cost Legia millions and millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom