• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Yep, expected UEFA to be lenient to Legia. They've been so in previous cases. Guess they prefer Celtic.

It's beyond moronic what Legia did, but if others don't get kicked out for it, why should they be?

entropy13

Established Member
Maribor - Celtic
Salzburg - Malmo
AaB - APOEL
Steaua - Ludogorets
Slovan Bratislava - BATE

Besiktas - Arsenal
Standard Liege - Zenit
Kobenhavn - Leverkusen
LOSC - Porto
Napoli - Athletic

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bit strong that punishment, Celtic get a 3-0 win which means they win on away goals, Legia missed two penalties in the first leg as well.

Ouch.

arsmile

Established Member
Legia won the third qualifying round tie 6-1 on aggregate but brought on Bartosz Bereszynski in the second leg, while he was supposed to be suspended.

He was sent off in Legia's final Europa League tie last season against Apollon Limassol and received a three-match ban.

He missed the club's two-legged tie against St Patrick's Athletic in the second qualifying round and the 4-1 first-leg victory over Celtic.

However, it has emerged that Bereszynski was not registered in Legia's squad for the ties against the Dublin side and therefore the matches did not count towards his suspension.

you can see why that is confusing

when it comes to all the preliminary rounds where you have to re-register your squad for each new tie- you wouldn't think to register a player for a tie he is suspended for...but with all my 'football manager' obtained knowledge it wouldn't occur to me to think that those matches wouldn't count towards the ban....

they seem really hard done by

celtic have got some friends in high places in uefa.....even since before the Eduardo-gate ...they have undue influence

Toast

Established Member
That's an absolutely retarted decision from UEFA.

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

That's basically the EXACT same situation. The player came on in the 88th minute when Legia were leading 1-6 on aggragate. I don't see how they can give a small fine in one case and hand out a multi-million pound punishment in the other. Corrupt bastards.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Somebody at Celtic gave someone at UEFA a pretty decent handjob. Diabolical decision, even more so considering the Debrecen ruling.

blaze_of_glory

Dont' Celtic have pretty big pull at UEFA? Wasn't that why Eduardo got that basically unprecedented suspension for diving against them?

Bigbludfire

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
Dont' Celtic have pretty big pull at UEFA? Wasn't that why Eduardo got that basically unprecedented suspension for diving against them?

It's probably because they both hate the English

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Debrecen ruling was for an ineligible player, in this case it was a suspended player. The two offences have different punishments.

Still ridiculous that Celtic get battered 6-1 but go through.

Toast

Established Member
Both are cases of a player not eligble to be on the pitch. I fail to see how the minor differences in the two cases merits such widely differing punishments.

vantoure

Surprised nobody is discussing the super cup.

Nice cross by Bale for Ronaldo's goal, but I think he's overrated, Bale. He's a tad one-dimensional to me.

Beyond his shot and speed - which admittedly are out of this world - he's not someone I rate much

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Bale is amazing. The best player in England in his final season, and his scoring record in his first season at Real is exceptional. Scored the winning goals in two cup finals as well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This Madrid team will smash teams 7/8-0 this season, they'll swap James for Alonso or Khedira in the big matches though I think.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Brilliant assist that was by Bale.

They are a bit thin in players up front, though. They don't even have a back-up striker and only Jese if Di Maria leaves.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
vantoure said:
Surprised nobody is discussing the super cup.

Nice cross by Bale for Ronaldo's goal, but I think he's overrated, Bale. He's a tad one-dimensional to me.

Beyond his shot and speed - which admittedly are out of this world - he's not someone I rate much

I've always had that feeling about him. He's not one dimensional but he's not a very good dribbler and it'll hold him back. He's got the heart of a lion and a sweet left foot though, that's undeniable.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
vantoure said:

It's not even so much his speed, it's more his ability to dribble at velocity and the fact he's a powerful runner.

But in terms of pure sprint speed, he's not as fast as Walcott.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nice to see Craig Gordon in goal for Celtic tonight, after so many long injury spells and physical issues.

I thought he was done at the top level. 1-1 ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom