• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final: Manchester City vs Inter | June 10 | KO: 20:00 BST

Who wins the CL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Financial doping obviously, we never had an owner drop billions on the squad.

That's the thing, as soon as more clubs were able to qualify from one country we were restricted financially.

When PL clubs were dominating in the mid to late 00s is the same time we moved to the Emirates and had to sell our best players constantly. It's not as if the European cup/CL was always this accessible. Chelsea winning it was an inevitablity once Roman took over, same with City now. If anything it's crazy it's taken them this long

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

That's the thing, as soon as more clubs were able to qualify from one country we were restricted financially.

When PL clubs were dominating in the mid to late 00s is the same time we moved to the Emirates and had to sell our best players constantly. It's not as if the European cup/CL was always this accessible. Chelsea winning it was an inevitablity once Roman took over, same with City now. If anything it's crazy it's taken them this long

Used to be only one team up until the mid 90s and even then it got expanded to two ffs.

Under those rules Chelsea and Liverpool would each have one less Champions League.

The Chelsea 2021 win was kind of scandalous. They only just pipped Leicester to fourth place the season before ffs.

Four teams from the top 5 leagues has absolutely tanked the strength of any other league.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was thinking of which clubs would be in the A-tier of European clubs.

The teams I got are...Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern and Ajax.

Would Inter be in that group, or would they be in the B-tier with us?

They have won enough (including the Champions League, which you would need) but they always felt like they were slightly in the shadow of AC...huge club though.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy šŸ«¶
Trusted ā­

The teams I got are...Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern and Ajax.

They have won enough (including the Champions League, which you would need) but they always felt like they were slightly in the shadow of AC...huge club though.

Inter are A-tier for me, they've won the same amount of Serie A's as AC Milan (19) and 3 Champions Leagues. By comparison United has 20 titles and 3 Champions Leagues.

But lose today and they are F tier for me @Riou.

Riou

Inter are A-tier for me, they've won the same amount of Serie A's as AC Milan (19) and 3 Champions Leagues. By comparison United has 20 titles and 3 Champions Leagues.

But lose today and they are F tier for me @Riou.

Yeah, leaning towards A-tier too I think.

Plus R9 was at his peak (1998 World Cup season) as an Inter player, think that seals A level for me!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

The A-Tier if you exclude oil clubs to me is teams that have the resources where they should be competing for the CL every year.

In my eyes thatā€™s Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern and Man Utd. With the available money they should be qualifying for the CL every year and then competing to win.

With the Seven Sisters of Italian football aside from Juventus I donā€™t think any of the others have the ability to even make the CL year on year.

Riou

The A-Tier if you exclude oil clubs to me is teams that have the resources where they should be competing for the CL every year.

In my eyes thatā€™s Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern and Man Utd. With the available money they should be qualifying for the CL every year and then competing to win.

With the Seven Sisters of Italian football aside from Juventus I donā€™t think any of the others have the ability to even make the CL year on year.

I am including all history though, so think those 9 clubs would be still seen as A-tier even if some have fallen recently (Ajax for example)

Another example, I would still have Rangers and Celtic in the B-tier alongside Arsenal, Dortmund and Atletico... despite the two Scottish teams being awful for for quite a while now.

Think a huge history still puts you in a good spot.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

I am including all history though, so think those 9 clubs would be still seen as A-tier even if some have fallen recently (Ajax for example)

Another example, I would still have Rangers and Celtic in the B-tier alongside Arsenal, Dortmund and Atletico... despite the two Scottish teams being awful for for quite a while now.

Think a huge history still puts you in a good spot.

Dortmund have won a CL though.

Atletico and Arsenal have made a combined four finals and lost every one in excruciating heartbreaking fashion.

Riou

Dortmund have won a CL though.

Atletico and Arsenal have made a combined four finals and lost every one in excruciating heartbreaking fashion.

I feel you have to have won a Champions League to be considered A-tier, but not all Champions League winners are A-tier... it's still a cup competition at the end of the day.

I wouldn't say Porto and Forest are bigger than Arsenal despite winning the European Cup, think Dortmund are about the same size as us and Atletico personally.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

I feel you have to have won a Champions League to be considered A-tier, but not all Champions League winners are A-tier... it's still a cup competition at the end of the day.

I wouldn't say Porto and Forest are bigger than Arsenal despite winning the European Cup, think Dortmund are about the same size as us and Atletico personally.

Porto won back in the 80s and maybe another one iirc.

Forest obviously not but Iā€™d argue Porto and Benfica are a ways clear of us in terms of heritage.

Four teams qualifying every year for the CL has whatā€™s hurt their prestige.

Riou

Porto won back in the 80s and maybe another one iirc.

Forest obviously not but Iā€™d argue Porto and Benfica are a ways clear of us in terms of heritage.

Four teams qualifying every year for the CL has whatā€™s hurt their prestige.

Good point on Porto, kinda forgot how decorated they are in Europe...and forgot Benfica completely šŸ˜…

I think they could both get into A-tier, don't mind that.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

The distance between Man City and Inter in terms of quality is bigger than the distance between China and England. I guess that tell you something about how weak the Champions League is this season. City should win this without any kind of problems.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom