• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final (May 28 2022)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who was that co-commentator who was so far far up Pool's as with a weird accent?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just so glad the scousers lost. All that d1ck waving and City ended having better season. And it looks like Liverpool are breaking up. Mane leaves next month and Salah on free next year

Taxi Driver

Speaking of everyone's favourite Michael - absolute gold here:
That’s amazing. What do you listen to in the car on the way there? I don’t listen to anything. I don’t know why, but the car’s always been my own quiet space. When the kids are in the car they always want a song on, but I’m just happy with my thoughts.

What’s the last film you saw? It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life. I just can’t get into them. I do try – someone will say, ‘Watch this film, it’s great,’ and I’ll try but after half an hour, 40 minutes I can’t take it any longer.

Who would play you in a film of your life? What, an actor? I don’t know any actors.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Goal should have stood, but Madrid made up for it in the end.

As the late great Richie Benaud would say... catches win matches. You just gotta take your chances. You can play as amazing but score in the end.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Did Liverpool create many clear cut chances? The Salah one was a great save but it was also from a difficult angle on his right foot. Other than that I remember saves from Mane and Salah in and around the edge of the box, but I don't remember Liverpool carving Real open like the Vini goal for example.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Terrible coverage by BT for anyone not on their knees for Liverpool.

Saw Van Dijk doing some weird twerk on the replay and was just waiting for the commentators to rain down. Silence.

Then McManaman, I think it was, why did n one tell him to shut up. Banging on about being the best team in the world with just an FA Cup to show for it.

Courtois had a good game too, but it was heroics. Liverpool didn't create a single chance that’d you say he had no right to save.

Tir Na Nog

Terrible coverage by BT for anyone not on their knees for Liverpool.

Saw Van Dijk doing some weird twerk on the replay and was just waiting for the commentators to rain down. Silence.

Then McManaman, I think it was, why did n one tell him to shut up. Banging on about being the best team in the world with just an FA Cup to show for it.

Courtois had a good game too, but it was heroics. Liverpool didn't create a single chance that’d you say he had no right to save.

They couldn't have got like a Seedorf in or someone like that in just for the final? I know both McManaman and Owen both played for Real too but their affiliations with Liverpool is well known and to bring in Gerrard on top of that was ridiculous. Rio obviously wouldn't want Liverpool to win but he doesn't come across as the most knowledgeable.

Even on CBS you get Henry and Richards for some balance, you get Wenger and Desailly for ESPN. On Irish television we had Ronnie Whelan on commentary former Liverpool player (the guy who put up a 1 minute finger sign during Anfield 89 for those who don't know him) and Hamann but they were alright, weren't overly biased. In fact Whelan was not happy that Liverpool weren't passing the ball quickly enough and allowing Real to get back in their shape. Even for the goal he couldn't say it was correctly ruled out, just it was a difficult one.

I didn't watch the BT coverage and I almost never do barring the actual game because it's so nauseating, like it's just so unbelievably bad and biased. I wouldn't mind if McManaman was knowledgeable, but the fact he's a complete idiot makes it 10 times worse. In general English pundits rarely give Real the respect they deserve, even the last few times they won it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
McManaman was unbearable with his commentary and with that god awful accent and he was so biased.

Tir Na Nog

Also I keep seeing this thing that Liverpool played and Real just defended. Liverpool had a strong start and in about minute 30 Real took control up until their goal and they were happy to let Liverpool have the ball from there on after. You think if Liverpool went 1-0 up in the 60th minute they'd still be attacking Real with reckless abandon? I guarantee you they'd have been happy to play on the break, that's how major finals work. Chelsea did it last year, Bayern the year before, Liverpool themselves defended for almost the entirety of the game vs Sp**s. If you go a goal up in a tight final, believe me, it's very very rare you're gonna go all out trying to score more goals.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

M7i5EDDz

...this is the moment Mane decided to leave, imo.

Look at him arching his body carefully away, knowing that filthy bastard was about to let one of his patented spitballs fly!

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom