• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final (May 28 2022)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What Hawk Is Cooking? Destiny's Hand
Trusted ⭐

Djorou got injured at OT in the FA Cup and missed the rest of the season didn’t he? Can’t remember if Squilaci played regularly after that or if he got dropped for his clown show against West Brom.

As for the final, Ferguson got sentimental and played Scholes/Giggs when they probably shouldn’t have started. With RVP and Theo in great form towards the end of the season, we would’ve had a shot to beat them. Even more so if Fabregas had decided to play football again instead of going to F1 races.

Let's not also forget that Wembley is technically a home ground for us such is our record there. It would've been an Arsenal win without a shadow of a doubt.

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
They couldn't have got like a Seedorf in or someone like that in just for the final? I know both McManaman and Owen both played for Real too but their affiliations with Liverpool is well known and to bring in Gerrard on top of that was ridiculous. Rio obviously wouldn't want Liverpool to win but he doesn't come across as the most knowledgeable.

Even on CBS you get Henry and Richards for some balance, you get Wenger and Desailly for ESPN. On Irish television we had Ronnie Whelan on commentary former Liverpool player (the guy who put up a 1 minute finger sign during Anfield 89 for those who don't know him) and Hamann but they were alright, weren't overly biased. In fact Whelan was not happy that Liverpool weren't passing the ball quickly enough and allowing Real to get back in their shape. Even for the goal he couldn't say it was correctly ruled out, just it was a difficult one.

I didn't watch the BT coverage and I almost never do barring the actual game because it's so nauseating, like it's just so unbelievably bad and biased. I wouldn't mind if McManaman was knowledgeable, but the fact he's a complete idiot makes it 10 times worse. In general English pundits rarely give Real the respect they deserve, even the last few times they won it.
That was Steve McMahn doing the 1 minute finger, not Ronnie Whealan.

Man I love rewatching that lol

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One of their greats, bows out perfectly...

...I remember watching Real when they first signed him and he was almost a skinhead :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

One of their greats, bows out perfectly...

...I remember watching Real when they first signed him and he was almost a skinhead :lol:

Now he leaves with a mane to make Raditz jealous :lol:

Riou

Liverpool had one of the easiest routes to a Champions League final, you will ever see.

An awful Inter, ****ing Benfica and a pretty average Villarreal (who give them a hell of a game, to be fair to the Yellow Submarine) then an "old" Madrid...this is supposed to be Pool's best ever team, and you can't get the job done, with that as your obstacles...poor, imo.

I joke about it, but this win does confirm Real Madrid as Rocky Balboa.

Their 5 wins can easily be compared to the first 5 Rocky films...

Rocky 1 and 2, against his great rival Apollo...Real beat their rival Atletico in 2014 and 2016.

Rocky 3, Rocky outsmarts the powerful Clubber Lang...Juve were seen as just too dominant in 2017 to be stopped, but the second half Real just had too much know how for them (see Ramos getting that Juve player sent off)

Rocky 4, the unstoppable force of Drago v Mr Balboa...everyone thought Liverpool's pressing would be too much for Madrid's "aging team", Real just have that experience and are still better (plus Ivan was doping in Rocky 4, and Liverpool and Klopp clearly do the same with the bullshit asthma stuff)

Rocky 5, a battered and beaten Rocky v the new champ Tommy Gunn...Real were "dead" multiple times throughout this run (but "didn't hear no bell") and showed the heart Liverpool will never have and found a way to win...guess you could say "Mentality Monsters" to describe Real, anyone...

Who says films aren't accurate to real life!

Last edited:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
What in the Mandela effect? I assumed it was Ronnie because he was the captain. :lol:
Mandela effect? Not sure I follow. Watching it back the other day & he (Mcmahan) got absolutely nailed in a tackle that would be an instant red these days & it didn't even get a yellow. When football was football.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What a club man. Wins the League and the CL in a season that is still part of the rebuild, the season before Mbappe was going to sign. Idk why he stays at that PSG, his loss.

Shout out to our boy Mikel who’s gonna spend another 250M to even get into the CL in our rebuild.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mandela effect? Not sure I follow. Watching it back the other day & he (Mcmahan) got absolutely nailed in a tackle that would be an instant red these days & it didn't even get a yellow. When football was football.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread!

I mean in my mind I see Ronnie Whelan holding up the 1 finger, the Mandela effect is when you remember something that didn't happen. Tho it's usually when a large number of people remember something incorrectly.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Gargantuan from Modric and Benzema as well, the world is talking about their potential successors, the start of a new era of succes for Real Madrid. This is them saying we’re not done yet. 5x CL with the same club, elite.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Tchouameni is joining Madrid too apparently. I thought they were done at the start of the season especially with no Ramos or Varane but this rebuild has been very good and very quick. I don't think they've spent a fortune either but we should take note, especially with the development of their young stars.

Riou

Really impressive from Benzema, to carry this Madrid team.

Would be like if Rodman (Benz) carried the Bulls to another title, after Jordan (Ronaldo) and Pippen (Ramos) left.

Needs to be a Last Dance doc, on Real 2014-2022.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tchouameni is joining Madrid too apparently. I thought they were done at the start of the season especially with no Ramos or Varane but this rebuild has been very good and very quick. I don't think they've spent a fortune either but we should take note, especially with the development of their young stars.

When you've got Don Perez pulling the strings you'll always end up near the top.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Agreed. Just need to get rid of this laughing hyena first.

1653816087945.png

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Unbelievable this, Modric sucked three Liverpool players out of the game and played a pass not many would see or be able to execute in that situation.

I mentioned this when they scored, it was that moment of brilliance from Modric starting that move that deserves the most praise.

Absolute class.

Riou

I liked how Militao turned to the Madrid fans and fist pumped, everytime he won a header.

Was quite funny :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom