• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UEL: Arsenal 3 - 0 BodØ/Glimt | Thursday 6th, October | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Screenshot-20221003-102016.png

Screenshot-20221003-105212.png

Predicted Lineup

Screenshot-20221003-105821.png

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm almost sure that we play (as we should) some of first-teamers tomorrow. Xhaka would definitely feature just like one of Saka/Martinelli and I wouldn't rule Jesus. Probably Ramsdale and few defenders as well. This match is important, next week should be a time to rotate. Three wins at home and we'll be through.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This is one of the issues I have with Arteta. He's got to trust the squad more.

The kids or even a new signing like Vieira I can give a pass too, but if the likes of Holding, Turner, Nelson, Lokonga etc aren't good enough to start against these lot they probably aren't good enough to be at Arsenal, full stop.

I don't think it's clever at all to be risking important guys 3 days before a massive league match. All it takes is Santa Claus to snap Xhaka or whoever's leg and we'll all be decrying how our season has been ruined and how silly it was for him to start this match.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The kids or even a new signing like Vieira I can give a pass too, but if the likes of Holding, Turner, Nelson, Lokonga etc aren't good enough to start against these lot they probably aren't good enough to be at Arsenal, full stop.

I don't think it's clever at all to be risking important guys 3 days before a massive league match. All it takes is Santa Claus to snap Xhaka or whoever's leg and we'll all be decrying how our season has been ruined and how silly it was for him to start this match.
I just realized that the team I put here, is exactly the team that started and won 1-2 away at Zurich. Apart from Cedric because he has been injured. Is there are a problem with this starting line-up? Isn't he trusting the squad?

One thing to understand is that now we can keep the winning momentum and good feeling if we don't change the line-up totally. If we win here at home, we can rotate players later in UEL matches.

Like I suggested, let's field good enough team here, take early lead and take the match easy. Then you can rotate later in the match.

The match we can sacrifice is the Bodo away next week, and we can even leave important players out of that 2000km trip, because with a win here we will lead the group by two points after two games. A draw from Bodo away is enough.

Martinelli-Nketiah-Marquinhos
Xhaka-Vieira
Sambi
Tierney-Tomiyasu-Holding-Cedric
Turner

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Best thing about Europa League group stages v Champions League groups, is we can make 10 changes tomorrow (Xhaka will have to play, but will get to captain us at the Emirates, which will be well deserved for him) and still win.

Gives our young players some great experience too, and a pretty much fully rested team ready to smash Liverpool...nice!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I agreed, we should be more then capable beating them with our second string no reason to mess around. We need everybody fit for Liverpool.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I agreed, we should be more then capable beating them with our second string no reason to mess around. We need everybody fit for Liverpool.
Reason not to play totally 2nd string is to get a win, and have great confidence in the team and fans at home stadium continued for the Liverpool game. And to be able to rotate later, even leave 1st team out of the Bodo away trip next week.

It's not like some players can't play two games a week if they get substituted out early enough if we have the lead.

I'm pretty sure Arteta sees it how I do, and this place will go mental if he plays a couple or few 1st team players to get possibly two goal lead, after which you can take it easier and pass the ball around at home.

Five substitutes also helps a lot, so you can substitute more of the important players out if you get the lead. So you can start with more of them than if you have three substitutions.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Knutsen om the radio earlier today saying "Arsenal are a big step up from Roma".

Tom Mix

If he plays half a dozen first teamers tomorrow we lose on Sunday, it's as simple as that. It isn't brave to play a strong team tomorrow, it's cowardice. It means not wanting to take the chance of an upset against a small team and having the defense that you lost to a strong team if we lose to Liverpool. Sort of playing it safe rather than grasping for greatness.

I'd rather lose 1-6 tomorrow and win 1-0 on Sunday than win tomorrow and lose on Sunday. But our squad, small though it might be, is still big enough to win both if the resources are used intelligently.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom