• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt | November 28 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Be honest: Did you cheer Frankfurt's goals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Arsenal is not Emery or whoever. If you want Arsenal to lose anytime then you seriously need to think about who you support

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN is not a midfielder. Play him wide. Not central midfield.
We will not agree on this. He is more midfielder than he is anything else.

Some fans seriously typed that they want us to lose? Get a grip guys ffs. There will be young players giving their all to win.
I understand why people are thinking that way but it's very counterintuitive to me. I always want Arsenal to win.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arsenal is not Emery or whoever. If you want Arsenal to lose anytime then you seriously need to think about who you support
Bigger picture, buddy.. We're likely through in this competition. It make no difference to our chances if we lose. But keeping Emery does have an affect on our chances.

In 99.9999999% of cases I'd wholeheartedly agree with you but this one time, I see their point and I agree..

yybecause

Bigger picture, buddy.. We're likely through in this competition. It make no difference to our chances if we lose. But keeping Emery does have an affect on our chances.

In 99.9999999% of cases I'd wholeheartedly agree with you but this one time, I see their point and I agree..
so why not win a game by 2:1, being Completely outplayed, humiliated, and we score from a corner and their own goal? doesnt it sound better? bigger picture, not wanting your beloved club to lose

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not against Frankfurt, but at home against a German team in the Europa League...close enough ;)

Alexis’ quality goal popped into my head...

...remember like a million of their fans showed up, and smashed up the Emirates!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
so why not win a game by 2:1, being Completely outplayed, humiliated, and we score from a corner and their own goal? doesnt it sound better? bigger picture, not wanting your beloved club to lose
How does that see the back of Emery. Methinks you have completely missed the point here...

yybecause

How does that see the back of Emery. Methinks you have completely missed the point here...
first of all Emery is already gone.
2nd, I want him out asap also, but, he ain't Arsenal, and I never want My club to lose.
There are other ways for coach to leave besides losing games.
We should dominate and beat Saints or Frankfurt by at least 3 goals and maybe allow 2 shots on our goal.
If we do 20+ shots on our goal, look like complete ****, have no clue how to defend or attack, but still win a game by their own goal or some scrapy tap in, it will still be a huge failure and Emery wont weep his job, but at least it means I didn't cheer my team to lose a game

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
first of all Emery is already gone.
2nd, I want him out asap also, but, he ain't Arsenal, and I never want My club to lose.
There are other ways for coach to leave besides losing games.
We should dominate and beat Saints or Frankfurt by at least 3 goals and maybe allow 2 shots on our goal.
If we do 20+ shots on our goal, look like complete ****, have no clue how to defend or attack, but still win a game by their own goal or some scrapy tap in, it will still be a huge failure and Emery wont weep his job, but at least it means I didn't cheer my team to lose a game
I won't be cheering for a loss. Just saying I won't be upset at all because it doesn't make one iota of a difference whether we win or not..

I get you might be so emotionally dependant on Arsenal winning that you absolutely can not see it another way. I used to be like that. May be one day you'll be blessed with something more important than football (like children) and you can gain some perspective. It is just a game and this one doesn't matter whether we win or not. I'm also concerned our board have not made their mind up and a win against a farmer side puts those fools back on the Emery wagon. Make no mistake we lack serious football nous up there...

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

looks like everyone including Emery knows his time is up

"Been busy putting the cones out."

BuhxNOK.jpg

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Usually I am with you on this but at the moment it makes sense. A loss here gets rid of Emery and doesn't affect our chances at all. If ever there was a time to hope for a loss it is in this fixture..

Does it though?

Maybe it's me and I'm old fashioned but hoping for a loss for your team is a code breach. Irrespective of how much you dislike the manager. To me it's like hoping your kids fail their exams so you have a reason to get rid of their teacher.

I don't see how a defeat at home to Frankfurt shows the board anything that they haven't already seen.

It's just my opinion but what gets rid of Emery is the availability of a superior manager. Wenger's final 2 seasons should've taught us that bad results have long term consequences beyond the tenure of the current manager.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Does it though?

Maybe it's me and I'm old fashioned but hoping for a loss for your team is a code breach. Irrespective of how much you dislike the manager. To me it's like hoping your kids fail their exams so you have a reason to get rid of their teacher.
Quite enjoyed this analogy...

Wenger's final 2 seasons should've taught us that bad results have long term consequences beyond the tenure of the current manager.
Maybe in the league but not in this competition where we qualify either way... Nobody will remember this result in two years time.

Can you recall the results of our last group European games under Wenger?? Without google...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Even if you look at the big picture, If the club is about to sack him, but a win here makes them reconsider everything then we have much bigger problems than Emery..

Rooting for your team to lose just doesn’t make sense.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Even if you look at the big picture, If the club is about to sack him, but a win here makes them reconsider everything then we have much bigger problems than Emery..

Rooting for your team to lose just doesn’t make sense.
Pretty good point. Hadn't we already worked this pout though...

I'm not rooting for a loss. Just not concerned if we do. Usually a loss has my blood boiling. Emery has made me numb to it..

yybecause

I won't be cheering for a loss. Just saying I won't be upset at all because it doesn't make one iota of a difference whether we win or not..

I get you might be so emotionally dependant on Arsenal winning that you absolutely can not see it another way. I used to be like that. May be one day you'll be blessed with something more important than football (like children) and you can gain some perspective. It is just a game and this one doesn't matter whether we win or not. I'm also concerned our board have not made their mind up and a win against a farmer side puts those fools back on the Emery wagon. Make no mistake we lack serious football nous up there...

Can't have kids, but I was blessed with many things that I just couldnt enjoy cause of my situation. But I am blessed with this feelings I have for this club, and any open minded reasonable person would not say there is anything bigger then what other person thinks is the most important for him. We all create our own priorities that should be respected.
but back to this situation, if we lose I won't cry or feel down, not one bit, but I don't want us to. But I do hope we look like ****, even though it's mostly gonna be young players and I would like to see them keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom