• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Napoli likely to go 442 today with Insigne and Mertens upfront Allan Fabian ruiz in the midfield

Knowing Emery and his love for a three men backline, I'd probably opt for a midfield three of Torreira, Xhaka and Özil with Auba and Laca both in front to have more numbers in central midfield despite three at the back. Wingbacks can provide width against their 442. Although it might be too easy to shut the wings down if they got numerical superiority there.

Hexagon9

Injuries aside, I don’t believe that playing anything other than your best XI for any given game makes sense at this stage of the season. If players can’t play three games in a 7 or 8 day period then frankly, it’s a bit poor. A game lasts for 90 minutes, not 9 hours!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Knowing Emery and his love for a three men backline, I'd probably opt for a midfield three of Torreira, Xhaka and Özil with Auba and Laca both in front to have more numbers in central midfield despite three at the back. Wingbacks can provide width against their 442. Although it might be too easy to shut the wings down if they got numerical superiority there.
Going 4 at the back against thier team pace we will struggle defending against them so won't be surprised if he go 5 at the back the

Toby

Going 4 at the back against thier team pace we will struggle defending against them so won't be surprised if he go 5 at the back the

Tbh I think we'll see something similar to the Everton game. Xhaka has just come back into full training, so I think Guendouzi will get the call except being ****e last weekend. Torreira will probably partner him, though, which is a big plus. Up top it's pobably Lacazette, Mkhi and Özil. Maybe Iwobi or Aubameyang for Özil. The still unfit Ramsey on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I think we'll see something similar to the Everton game. Xhaka has just come back into full training, so I think Guendouzi will get the call except being ****e last weekend. Torreira will probably partner him, though, which is a big plus. Up top it's pobably Lacazette, Mkhi and Özil. Maybe Iwobi or Aubameyang for Özil. The still unfit Ramsey on the bench.
I hope he go Ramsey Torreira Özil mkhi auba or as our front 5. Matteo will have to sit this one out he been not good last few weeks

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Need a 3 goal lead to have any hope of going through. Even at 2-0 I wouldn't fancy us to go through. We're doomed I reckon.

Toby

I hope he go Ramsey Torreira Özil mkhi auba or as our front 5. Matteo will have to sit this one out he been not good last few weeks

Agree that Guendouzi should ride the bench, but maybe Ramsey is still a fitness concern. Against Everton he came on, had an instant impact and took more shots on target than the whole team in the time before in the span of 10 minutes - and then vanished. He obviously wasn't fully fit. If he's still a doubt I'm pretty sure Emery is going with Guendouzi again, although I'd really like to see Xhaka back, but with him back in training for just a few days I cannot see that, too.

But yeah, if Ramsey is fit and Xhaka not fit yet, I'd like to see Aaron and Torreira.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Need a 3 goal lead to have any hope of going through. Even at 2-0 I wouldn't fancy us to go through. We're doomed I reckon.

I understand the extreme caution due to our piss poor away form. But at the same time, this isn't a 2011 Barca team ffs

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I understand the extreme caution due to our piss poor away form. But at the same time, this isn't a 2011 Barca team ffs

I know that but we have a massive disadvantage as I don't expect Napoli to have anyone as bad as Mustafi playing for them. He's the reason for my pessimism. I think it's too risky to play Kos tonight as we need him for the league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom