• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People would lose their **** if they seen how Zidane played too. It would be compounded by the fact that he didn't exactly score all that often too, tho did have an knack for scoring in the big moments.

People only care about work-rate and end product now, they don't appreciate the art of football.
Twitter football fans are prime fault

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People would lose their **** if they seen how Zidane played too. It would be compounded by the fact that he didn't exactly score all that often too, tho did have an knack for scoring in the big moments.

People only care about work-rate and end product now, they don't appreciate the art of football.

Stats have ruined football, as you say just enjoy the art.

GoonerJay24

Anyone asking for Elneny to start a game of football unless it’s for your pub team are a joke

I don't get the hate for Elneny. Obviously he's not starter material for a big club like ours but he could surely do a job against Benfica and was playing well before he caught the virus.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Got a feeling Arsenal will try and sell Pepe at the end of the season.

Using that money to buy Ødegaard permanently.

Arteta's lack of trust in Pepe doesn't bode well

Trofton

• Benfica and Arsenal met in the last 16 of the 1991/92 European Cup, with Benfica winning 4-2 on aggregate (1-1 home, 3-1 away); these are the only two meetings between the teams.
  • Arsenal have faced five different Portuguese opponents in European competition and beaten them all (Sporting CP, FC Porto, Sporting Braga and Vitória Guimarães) apart from Benfica (D1 L1).
    • Benfica have won the first leg of their last nine UEFA Europa League knockout ties when it's been at home and won 14 of their last 17 first leg matches in the knockout phase overall (L3).
    • In this season's UEFA Europa League, Arsenal's Nicolas Pepe has been involved in 48 open play sequences that have ended with a shot, four more than anyone else.
    • Benfica's Pizzi has been directly involved in more UEFA Europa League goals than any other player this season (6 goals, 2 assists). The last Portuguese player to score more goals in a UEFA European campaign for Benfica was Eusébio in the 1970/71 European Cup Winners' Cup (7).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
First time we've named an unchanged line-up since September 2018?? I knew it felt a while but that's crazy

Trofton

I don't get the hate for Elneny. Obviously he's not starter material for a big club like ours but he could surely do a job against Benfica and was playing well before he caught the virus.
He can pass backwards and sideways if he goes in for 8 tackles a match he wins 4/5 that’s non league stuff.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hate football punditry

Don't know why I've put it on. Usually just turn it on at kickoff

bergholt

Imagine Gascoigne in modern football

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
lets enjoy the match and discover the new Joao Felix that Benefica have in store

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Got a feeling Arsenal will try and sell Pepe at the end of the season.

Using that money to buy Ødegaard permanently.

Arteta's lack of trust in Pepe doesn't bode well
If that’s the case it would behove us to raise his value otherwise we’d be struggling to get even 20m for him. Weird situation. When he plays he often is impactful, but then he gets benched again for a period of time, and has to start over.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's playing our strongest lineup. Don't we have a game against City this weekend? I guess Arteta's resigned to losing that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom