• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Fair. But can't help but feel that people need to enjoy these moments more. Sport is supposed to be fun ffs.

Doesn't matter how much people hate the manager; I will always be buzzing after a win like that. Can save the post-mortem about what we didn't do so well for tomorrow. The Arsenal won, from a tricky spot, and our season's still alive. Enjoy it.
Despite it ALL. How could you not enjoy that :Celebration:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think it is quite difficult all of this to be honest. You sack the manager, and you start over again, or you stick with the manager and he proves to not be up to scratch.

I am not "emotionally invested" (good God what a phrase...) in Arteta, nor was I in Emery. I do fear becoming a sacking club though. We can't afford that strategy. We don't have the money for it. The board should perhaps never have hired a young manager, but that is a moot point now.

I think for now we just have to roll with the punches. We need a solid summer. The January window was pretty decent. Arteta has a period now to prove that he can do the job. That is a fair shot. It is up to him to make the most of it.
Everything you say makes sense and in truth, I agree. I'll let Arteta see out his contract but I need to know that Edu will be strong and not allow him to sign who he wants and play them regardless. I don't want another Willian or the old backup rejects. I certainly don't want Ceballos because he's technically sound and not much else. Nor do I want our youth system torn apart as Arteta works selfishly on his own CV. I just don't trust Arteta and want the security of knowing that someone is there acting in the best interests of the club-which was the way from our founding until 2018.

ScotsGooner89

lol Willian changing the game . I must of missed the part of his assist that wasn’t just a completely standard pass to another player, who then performed a bit of brilliance.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He’s shameless. Turning point for me tonight, give him til the end of the season but start looking for a new guy to come in for next season regardless if whether we manage to win the competition or not.

If we win this competition it will be an amazing season overall and he should definitely stay for me, but it's the only way I'll get back on board tbh(or title winning form in the league from now).. Realistically I have no belief of that all, but as long as we are still in it you can only hope.

Reactions: roz

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think it is quite difficult all of this to be honest. You sack the manager, and you start over again, or you stick with the manager and he proves to not be up to scratch.

I think you only do it if there's a serious opportunity to get a top tier manager. That's the thing that I was disappointed about, I think we had a shot at Tuchel had we sacked Arteta after that terrible run of form. But after we had that brief point of resurgence and Tuchel went to Chelsea instead, it was done and dusted. Arteta is in the safe zone for the season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
If we win this competition it will be an amazing season overall and he should definitely stay for me, but it's the only way I'll get back on board tbh(or title winning form in the league from now).. Realistically I have no belief of that all, but as long as we are still in it you can only hope.
I see no reason why we can’t win it. We’ve looked awful at times but equally looked good in parts. I don’t think any side is much better than us if at all left in the competition. I just cant back Arteta in the long run anymore, too many bad decisions. Are we any better than 2 years ago? Despite signing players and Saka progressing to that huge next level?

Finesse

Once we went 1-o up tonight we where asking for trouble with how negative we became. That's on Arteta as I can only presume that's part of his tactics. Of course from their a silly error and great free kick and we are up **** creek again. Made this a lot harder than it should have been. Thank **** Benfica are terrible.

We go one up he does not get credit. You give him responsibility only when we got negative. So his tactic was to score and then shout at the boys to ease off ? Some of you have never played football. You could see the man screaming for them to up their tempo. Those moments of madness from Dani , Luis and even Gabriel in defence of course is down to the manager’s tactics too?

This game was harder because Auba did not do what he did today a week ago. He delivered today. This team is as fragile as the fan base for obvious reasons. They need believe and needed someone to take charge. Benfica was there for the taking and the manager set them up well. Saka , KT and Auba stepped up and took charge when they had the chance.

Team spirit and belief come from digging deep and coming out of fragile moments. Together as a team. There are more positives from this.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game, what happened? :lol:
c4f0e26daac09d259725ab1d6fc70518.gif

We survived though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We go one up he does not get credit. You give him responsibility only when we got negative. So his tactic was to score and then shout at the boys to ease off ? Some of you have never played football. You could see the man screaming for them to up their tempo. Those moments of madness from Dani , Luis and even Gabriel in defence of course is down to the manager’s tactics too?

This game was harder because Auba did not do what he did today a week ago. He delivered today. This team is as fragile as the fan base for obvious reasons. They need believe and needed someone to take charge. Benfica was there for the taking and the manager set them up well. Saka , KT and Auba stepped up and took charge when they had the chance.
We went 1 up tonight and noticeably backed off of them, it is what it is. Had no reason to do this against such a poor side. At the end of the day thankfully we're through.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Anyone else kinda hoping we draw some better opposition for the next round? I don't trust us against the weaker teams :lol:
Want Ajax next round, United in the Semis and Sp**s in the final. Would be perfect :drool:

desperately need to avoid Villarreal as they’d probably do us for Unai

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Looking at the teams left, there are still more **** teams than decent there, only a few that could be tricky..

if one or all of Milan, Leicester and Leverkusen bottle it that would be great..

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Looking at the teams left, there are still more **** teams than decent there, only a few that could be tricky..

Also if Utd could close the gap on City could they conceivably phone it in with the EL?

Might not be a terrible team to face even if they are the best. Sp*rs and Leicester would be too stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom