• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think there’s been a shift in the fan base, on Emery, in the last month.

He’s under pressure now. Next season will be like the last few we had with Wenger, every bad game or bad run, poor performance etc, people will be calling for his head. Rightly or wrongly.

I suppose a Europa League win will take that pressure off and buy him next season without people raising their doubts.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

You’d think we’re playing Barcelona.

Someone needs to have a word with him for next season to change his approach for these games.. Playing as an underdog against the big teams is one thing, but when you do it against the rest it makes for painful viewing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You’re suppose to see improvement in a transnational year, there’s been none.

There was signs of improvement tho before these past few weeks. There was improvements in our big game performances and our defence went a period with only 1 goal conceded in 7 games. Since then all those improvements have become undone for the most part certainly in the league anyways and now all our eggs are in the EL basket.

Beast Incarnate

He’s under pressure now. Next season will be like the last few we had with Wenger, every bad game or bad run, poor performance etc, people will be calling for his head. Rightly or wrongly.

I suppose a Europa League win will take that pressure off and buy him next season without people raising their doubts.

A few wins and the fans will be back onside. We have the most fickle, fairweather fans in the country.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think you'll find every manager praises the opposition before games, it's not unique to Emery, ffs. Even Guardiola would do that before a game against the Dog and Duck.

Exactly.

I've been saying this for years tho, what managers say in press conferences/interviews is not really for the fans most of the time. He's just praising the opposition, I mean what's he suppose to do go out and call them **** saying we're gonna smash them? As you say Pep does it all the time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You’re suppose to see improvement in a transnational year, there’s been none.
God himself couldn’t coach some of our players. Mustafi has given away almost 1 in every 6 passes. VVD hasn’t been dribbled past once this season, Mustafi 9 times. How many times has he been in the wrong position, given away penalties or free kicks just outside the box.

There’s a limit to what a manager can do with poor players. We need to see what Emery’s like when we improve the squad.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Exactly.

I've been saying this for years tho, what managers say in press conferences/interviews is not really for the fans most of the time. He's just praising the opposition, I mean what's he suppose to do go out and call them **** saying we're gonna smash them? As you say Pep does it all the time.
People have their agendas and will turn their blind eye to simple facts in order to further pursue those agendas against Emery. You have to keep exposing it for what it is.

Suspect if we don't win the Europa, this forum will descend to RAWK levels.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How many times has he been in the wrong position, given away penalties or free kicks just outside the box. AND THEN CRAPPED OUT HIS TEAM MATES FOR IT...

There’s a limit to what a manager can do with poor players. We need to see what Emery’s like when we improve the squad.
Fixed.

pacstud

All this is accurate, and as stated, rightly or wrongly.

This gig is a tough one. No budget, bloated salaries, mismatched parts...there isn't a manager that can just "win with this".

We have to hit on our purchases at a higher rate with a higher degree of difficulty (cheaper, generally younger players).

The last month has been beyond disappointing, but as many have noted, roster wise we simply aren't a Top 4 team. We're barely a Top 6 team. The gap between us and Liverpool/Man$hitty is far greater than that between us and Wolves/Watford/LC/Everton.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not even a huge overhaul per se, just improve on the obvious weak links like Mustafi and Kolasinac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom