• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Argument for Emery: he's done alright with a piece-of-sh*t squad, and could still win the Europa League.

Argument against: I still don't know what his style of play is after a full season. Haven't a clue.
Cut backs... he likes to get in behind? I think. It's been difficult to see any consistent pattern of play tbh. We've just been very good and terrible at times. Players need to play well for it to become clear what he's asking; there's the problem. I wasn't expecting a huge contrast. And not when these players have had another way drilled into them for so long.

Manberg

Predator
We'll be stuck with dross players on huge wages for another 2-3 years and we don't have the finances to compensate. I don't think any manager can compete well enough under these conditions. The squad and the whole wage structure needs rebuilding which will take 2-3 years but what I see happening is the board putting up with the status quo. That is continuing to sign average quality players on relatively high wages.

The direction I'd like to see the club take is to go back to the roots. Develop and rely on young players. There's quality there that's being wasted.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And not when these players have had another way drilled into them for so long.
Not really, Laca, Auba, Mikhi, Torreira, Guen etc are relatively new. Hardly indoctrinated in any Wenger system.

Guys like Laca and Mikhi were injured too a lot under Wenger.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think we do need a huge overhaul.

This is the players that are leaving this summer and need to be replaced:
Ramsey (new player) / Welbeck (Nelson?) / Cech (Martinez?) / Lichsteiner (new player)

Players we absolutely need to get rid of this summer
Elneny (Guendouzi takes his spot) / Mkhitaryan (new player) / Iwobi (recruit/nketiah? ) / Mustafi (new player) / Chambers (to get funds) / kolasinac (new player)

I'd keep Nacho and Koscielny as backup/veteran players.

That is a lot tbf. 5 new players is a bare minimum and I tried to stay realistic.
I really don't rate AMN as a decent FB option especially if Bellerin is going to miss half of next season.

But it needs to be done.

(Players we should consider selling if the right opportunity comes in:
Özil / Xhaka)
I don't want to be too pessimistic but I think we're weak in a bunch of areas. Mustafi/Kola are indeed the obvious ones. But I think we're also lacking quality in midfield and on the wings. Someone like Iwobi got way too many games this season. Same for Guendouzi. I was looking at our bench yesterday and I found it scary.

I think we've got goals in this team but we're lacking serious quality elsewhere. Ramsey leaving is a big loss. Although he wasn't perfect, he was a clear starter in this team. Are we happy with Özil/Xhaka/Torreira starting in midfield? I'm not sure I am.
Getting all the deadwood out in one summer isn't possible, it'll take a few years to reshape the squad completely. Prioritise the first XI, then worry about improving on some of the back-ups.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Regardless of who's the manager, technical director or whatever it does genuinely feel like we're entering that period that Liverpool where in at the back end of Benitez's time there through Hodgson, Daglish and then Rodgers when you consider the rumours surrounding our budget and when you hear the names of some of the players we're linked with. If we don't get CL this season via winning the EL then we could be entering a period that'll be far far worse than the supposed banter era.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Regardless of who's the manager, technical director or whatever it does genuinely feel like we're entering that period that Liverpool where in at the back end of Benitez's time there through Hodgson, Daglish and then Rodgers when you consider the rumours surrounding our budget and when you hear the names of some of the players we're linked with. If we don't get CL this season via winning the EL then we could be entering a period that'll be far far worse than the supposed banter era.
Who cares? Our owner doesn’t. The club has declined under Kroenke.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who cares? Our owner doesn’t. The club has declined under Kroenke.

Are you saying I shouldn't care about the club anymore? Because that mightn't be the worst suggestion. I mean people talk about being loyal to your club but if we're gonna be going through an era of mediocrity why would I subject myself to that on a weekly basis knowing that it won't make me happy? I'm probably getting a bit too deep now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not really, Laca, Auba, Mikhi, Torreira, Guen etc are relatively new. Hardly indoctrinated in any Wenger system.

Guys like Laca and Mikhi were injured too a lot under Wenger.
The players who played the most games this season, were.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At the end of the day, we've just missed out on 4th, should have had 3rd and have one leg in the EL final... apparently without an identifiable style of play. Who honestly gives a ****? That's the least of our concerns right now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Did anyone think that taking over from a manager after 22 years at the club would be easy?
Here we go. Who said it would be easy? Nobody.

But I know what some did say, “these players are under performing under Wenger and will improve under a new manager”.

“Any new manager will improve the shape, system, defence etc”.

Reality is we’ve gone further backwards. Emery has done **** all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Did anyone think that taking over from a manager after 22 years at the club would be easy?
Well no, they didn't :lol: Hasn't stopped them crying though. Strange. It's as if they just didn't want Wenger to leave. It's confusing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

But I know what some did say, “these players are under performing under Wenger and will improve under a new manager”.

We've got more points than we did last season. You might hate to admit it, but we've gone forwards. And if we get the the EL final, we've had gone even further.

Emery's FIRST season, and he got more points than Wenger did last season.

Godwin1

Very well-known

Perspective mate, you were patient enough to put up with Wenger the last four seasons when he should have gone, lets give Emery until next season. And have we really gone backwards? I'd say it's been a slight improvement over last season despite this terrible run of games at the end.

Nope didn't think it was easy. But was hoping to see improvement in our general play by now. Better defending, pressing and attacking play. Was hoping to be inspired by direction Emery would be taking us and was hoping to have a little connection with him, that I would know in my heart he is the right fit for Arsenal. So far he has looked clueless.

Nothing of this has happened. But Emery will be here next season no matter what I say, so I just hope he will take a u-turn and start working harder to make Arsenal better.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Perspective mate, you were patient enough to put up with Wenger the last four seasons when he should have gone, lets give Emery until next season. And have we really gone backwards? I'd say it's been a slight improvement over last season despite this terrible run of games at the end.
I put up with Wenger because until very recently he was doing a great job. I’m backing Emery for next season too, but this season he’s been utter ****e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom