• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He didn't even line-up in a 'cowardly' manner. I just don't think he's that good.

Underdog manager it seems. We needed a Wenger who could adapt like Emery. Now we have the adapt part but without the established identity.

We don't have any clear schemes or patterns, the Wenger stuff got stale but at least there was something there to go stale in the first place! I would like to know what Emery actually wants/expects when we do succeed with playing out of the back.

I'm also going to watch City next time and see how they succesfully play out from the back. It can't just be the players right? I feel like we aren't providing the ball player with enough options.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We only had control after we scored the two goals. And even then Watford were creating chances. There was definite unease in our play right from the start. We actually should've conceded before scoring.
The narrow shape was causing all sorts of bother. You could see AMN and Guendouzi struggling to figure out who should cover whom on the break. 2nd half we basically made it a scrap and lost every duel.

I mean yeah we were a mess tactically from the first minute.

It looked like each player was clueless and basically had to guess what to do, one of the worst elements of the late Wenger years.

I genuinely felt like it was 2017/18 all over again yesterday.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Simple but overlooked point: I don't think his English is good enough to convey his instructions.

I've sat through some of his press conferences and I genuinely wouldn't understand the intricacies of what he was saying if he was speaking to me.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
As far as I can tell we haven’t had a good game so far this season. He’s been coaching the team for over a year and we still can’t defend nor do we have a great style. I’d have expected better than this by now, not miracles, just better, but it still looks like he took charge just yesterday.

Maybe it’ll pick up, probably wait till the end of the season and get someone else in after that. Becoming increasingly hard to see where Emery is taking this squad long term.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You would wonder if Koscielny left because he couldn't/wouldn't do this passing out from the back BS.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Simple but overlooked point: I don't think his English is good enough to convey his instructions.

I've sat through some of his press conferences and I genuinely wouldn't understand the intricacies of what he was saying if he was speaking to me.

Mentioned this before and think thats spot on.

Also think the underdog tactics must be baffling to some of the squad.

Put a man who can't convey a message and people who don't really believe in said message jn the first pace and you get the cluselessness that is our games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the players praising the next manager for his progressive, simple instruction or message of attacking the opposition.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We are playing like a bottom half team and the only reason we have more points than those teams is because we have brilliant attack.
The reason why bottom half teams are what they are is because they can't play, they will be under pressure for 90 minutes and most of the time they will break under that pressure.
That's what our defence is experiencing here, we simply cant defend every week for 90 minutes and waiting for Laca and Auba to score more goals than what we concede.
I don't believe anymore that our players are to blame all the time, it's more like a complete mismatch when we put them all together. One ball playing CB next to a guy who can't handle the ball. Playing out from the back with full backs and DMC's who can't handle the ball. Having one of the best attacks in Europe and giving them no service is like having Monica Bellucci as your wife but you can't touch her.

For a long time I blamed everyone from Xhaka, Mustafi, Sokratis, AMN, Kola, but in the end it all ends up with how our manager sets this team up for the game.
This squad is far too good and well paid for the results we are seeing and I'm fully expecting Emery to be out of the club before January, no more excuses.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Speaking of messages, this is another Gazidis masterclass. Probably edges top one from the bayern Munich comment from all those years back.

The dossie on every player and videos and the pen-drives and the match preparation.

Another sham.

Ewarwoowar

"Bastardos pasan el balon a Doozy" pretty sure this is the gist of the intricacy of his tactical nous.

Hexagon9

I found it difficult to understand almost all of what he was saying in the post-match interview. It certainly can’t help on the training pitch.

Yesterday was truly dreadful on the pitch. I honestly think we’re worse than we were 12 months ago but more worryingly there doesn’t seem to be a plan and the fragility of some of our players is more acute too.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Yeah,something like this.

chinese-writing-directions.png

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The players basically gave up after the goal. You could visibly see it on the pitch. I don't think any of them are 100% happy with playing out from the back. Sokratis's mistake clearly felt like a systematic failure rather than an individual one, because we had been messing up the whole game. And the players knew it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom