• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Just for the sake of fun, let's see how many points we would have without Auba

1 p against Newcastle
1 p against Burnley
0 p against Liverpool
0 p against Tottenham
0 p against Watford
1 p against A Villa
0 p Against Man United

This joker of a coach can thank Aubermeyang for still having a job.
Sack him before it's too late
That’s what I been saying... PEA is somehow making up this team without idea of football. And actually he has scored at very critical moments. The moment PEA stop scoring the. We are over.

yorch44

My biggest gripe with Emery is not his pragmatic approach, but our cluelessness off the ball. It infuriates me and frightens at the same time, that nothing will change. We have this problem as far as remember. Time flies, but nothing is changing.
Exactly! This is manager stuff... this is where you see if manager has a clue or don’t. But most of people doesn’t know enough about football to realize it and then they say “we are 4th” “we did not lose” ... results without a plan and a proper system is opportunism, not a consequence of the good work.

A good manager brings the best of his players, thanks to a good team work and system... even if they are limited... a bad one needs the best players to play for themselves because he has not clue about it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Exactly! This is manager stuff... this is where you see if manager has a clue or don’t. But most of people doesn’t know enough about football to realize it and then they say “we are 4th” “we did not lose” ... results without a plan and a proper system is opportunism, not a consequence of the good work.

A good manager brings the best of his players, thanks to a good team work and system... even if they are limited... a bad one needs the best players to play for themselves because he has not clue about it.
Dumb goals are conceded like that most weeks by other top teams. So their managers are also clueless and aren't coaching them properly? I'm not saying that makes it acceptable, but there you go...

As for a good manager gets the best out of his players, well Auba's doing ok, Saka has come from Hale End and looks a starter and a few others are doing pretty well. You can't only focus on the negatives and put any positives down to the unicorns and the tooth fairy.

yorch44

Dumb goals are conceded like that most weeks by other top teams. So their managers are also clueless and aren't coaching them properly? I'm not saying that makes it acceptable, but there you go...

As for a good manager gets the best out of his players, well Auba's doing ok, Saka has come from Hale End and looks a starter and a few others are doing pretty well. You can't only focus on the negatives and put any positives down to the unicorns and the tooth fairy.
I am not talking about dumb goals... Dixon didn’t... did you watch the video?
The analysis talks about the way the team approach every play without the ball.

Yes, teams will have errors every game but top teams like you say are solid, we don’t. Don’t put words I didn’t say. If you are going to defend Emery do it with football analysis, talk about the way he defend or attack and how those tactics are working and why... if the way to defend Emery is talking about someone else errors then I don’t see any argument in that.

yorch44

If we were defending like Cholo does, then hell, we are a pragmatic team... but you have to analyze and realize how he is doing that... is not only putting 10 men behind the ball and run for it. That’s what Dixon is talking about, how we don’t have a clue to defend. And I would say the same when we attack but that is not covered in that clip.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think even most pundits were commenting on decent solidity and discipline of our CB's at Old Trafford. Might seem like a little thing, but at least it should be noted for some credit. The fact that Emery went with Saka to make a 4-3-3 start possible was no small thing either. A lot does tend to always end up with CM, with good reason, IMO. Will have to see where that all goes over the coming weeks.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I am not talking about dumb goals... Dixon didn’t... did you watch the video?
The analysis talks about the way the team approach every play without the ball.

Yes, teams will have errors every game but top teams like you say are solid, we don’t. Don’t put words I didn’t say. If you are going to defend Emery do it with football analysis, talk about the way he defend or attack and how those tactics are working and why... if the way to defend Emery is talking about someone else errors then I don’t see any argument in that.
Yes, I watched it all and, you know what? I've seen us press the same way under Wenger. One man goes, another stands there etc.

I'm not defending Emery, I'm highlighting something that's common. The only reason we're talking about it is because it's Arsenal. It happened every week under Wenger :lol:

yorch44

I think even most pundits were commenting on decent solidity and discipline of our CB's at Old Trafford. Might seem like a little thing, but at least it should be noted for some credit. The fact that Emery went with Saka to make a 4-3-3 start possible was no small thing either. A lot does tend to always end up with CM, with good reason, IMO. Will have to see where that all goes over the coming weeks.
Well, actually Dixon says in my understanding that the back 4 is not doing that bad... the problem comes from the set up and how attackers and midfield doesn’t pressure, the gaps and not covering without the ball.

If being a manager were only choosing a formation and what players go in I would do it any day. The hard is in what the team does without the ball even if you have possession of it. 90% of the football comes in what your players do without the ball, because only one have it, the other nine needs to show themselves for it and exploit gaps.

When you are defending you need to close those gaps and try to recover it, bit to be able to do that, you need a lot of work and coordination.

yorch44

Yes, I watched it all and, you know what? I've seen us press the same way under Wenger. One man goes, another stands there etc.

I'm not defending Emery, I'm highlighting something that's common. The only reason we're talking about it is because it's Arsenal. It happened every week under Wenger :lol:
And we allá criticized Wenger for not defending well, but at least we played good football in attack. Emery is supposed to be a pragmatic one which is using 3 DMs and as you said, he is doing same mistakes but now with no creativity in the attack because he is playing 3 defensive midfielders who are not defending. So what is the point of losing the creativity and control of the games if we are defending that bad?

Iceman10

Established Member
If being a manager were only choosing a formation and what players go in I would do it any day. The hard is in what the team does without the ball even if you have possession of it. 90% of the football comes in what your players do without the ball, because only one have it, the other nine needs to show themselves for it and exploit gaps.

When you are defending you need to close those gaps and try to recover it, bit to be able to do that, you need a lot of work and coordination.

I would agree with all of this, but there are media reports of the manager working on upped training intensity and rumours of an issue of one player having a problem with it. Not being snarky, but it is slightly annoying when some here have it both ways with these kinds of things.

I understand Emery's had a season already at Arsenal and all of that, btw, but we were in a horrendous state with lots to fix a couple of seasons back, as evidenced with a tally of just 63 points after 38 matches. It was a mess, and not just a mess with what was going on on the pitch. Should also be noted that back then everyone was talking about beautiful and imposing possession-based football leaving us naive to counterattacks. We're not great still with lots of spaces in CM, so I would definitely agree that there is plenty to work on.

Preacher

Always Crying
Leno is leading EPL by saves made this season. This is not only back 4 issue. All the problems start in the front and especially in the midfield. Collectively we look very poor. Half of the team presses, other half drops back. Two players marking one player while another oppo player has acres of space to run in. Too many 1 vs 2 situations on the wings. Story of 2019.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just for the sake of fun, let's see how many points we would have without Auba

1 p against Newcastle
1 p against Burnley
0 p against Liverpool
0 p against Tottenham
0 p against Watford
1 p against A Villa
0 p Against Man United

This joker of a coach can thank Aubermeyang for still having a job.
Sack him before it's too late

What kind of warped logic is this?

Can you recalculate every team's points after taking out their main goalscorers. That will be Kane for Sp**s Salah or Mane for Pool, Aguero for City, Abraham for Chelsea etc.

You will have to recalculate our games again though, now we took out Kane from Sp**s, we still draw that game. We get a point at Anfield 'cos the 2 goals from Salah don't count. We still win against Burnley 'cos Barnes' goal has been omitted. This sounds ridiculous right?

yorch44

I would agree with all of this, but there are media reports of the manager working on upped training intensity and rumours of an issue of one player having a problem with it. Not being snarky, but it is slightly annoying when some here have it both ways with these kinds of things.

I understand Emery's had a season already at Arsenal and all of that, btw, but we were in a horrendous state with lots to fix a couple of seasons back, as evidenced with a tally of just 63 points after 38 matches. It was a mess, and not just a mess with what was going on on the pitch. Should also be noted that back then everyone was talking about beautiful and imposing possession-based football leaving us naive to counterattacks. We're not great still with lots of spaces in CM, so I would definitely agree that there is plenty to work on.
I think the problem is not about physical intensity ... I see players who doesn’t know where to attack and bite for the ball, when they need to hold the play. For example... PEA make the pressure... but there is no point if he is the only one chasing the ball and the 3 players around just stay in their place... if you watch Liverpool or City they do this as a block, like a Roman legion moving at the same time... so you block the options of passing.

I like football so much and always try to analyze it and play it smart. I am not an expert but I can figure that kind of problems we have as a team... and to me it’s worrying.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Regarding Emery, it really doesn't look good for him. He is still struggling to get the team to function well. The midfield is obviously the biggest concern. Both in structure and personnel. Really wish he dropped Xhaka and atleast tried something else. Points and league position is alright but he needs to show much more if we are to have a satisfactory season.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think the problem is not about physical intensity ... I see players who doesn’t know where to attack and bite for the ball, when they need to hold the play. For example... PEA make the pressure... but there is no point if he is the only one chasing the ball and the 3 players around just stay in their place... if you watch Liverpool or City they do this as a block, like a Roman legion moving at the same time... so you block the options of passing.

I like football so much and always try to analyze it and play it smart. I am not an expert but I can figure that kind of problems we have as a team... and to me it’s worrying.

You have a lot of interesting and useful insight based on footballing experience. ;)

Have noticed a very different press when Laca is playing, and my impression was Auba was not pressing as well as he could a couple of matches back. Your explanation regarding the attacking unit as a whole (coaching) is useful.

yorch44

Leno is leading EPL by saves made this season. This is not only back 4 issue. All the problems start in the front and especially in the midfield. Collectively we look very poor. Half of the team presses, other half drops back. Two players marking one player while another oppo player has acres of space to run in. Too many 1 vs 2 situations on the wings. Story of 2019.
Exactly!! This is it! We criticize Emery for this! Because after one year there is no improvement in this basic statements of football. One player isn’t fixing this, this comes from the manager.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
In that midfield 3, who holds? It's also just been confirmed that Tierney has had a setback and subsequently will not be involved with Scotland during the international break. This explains why he was not in the squad for people who seem to think they know more than the team doctors/physios.

Well clearly I didn't know that before kick off! :facepalm:

yorch44

You have a lot of interesting and useful insight based on footballing experience. ;)

Have noticed a very different press when Laca is playing, and my impression was Auba was not pressing as well as he could a couple of matches back. Your explanation regarding the attacking unit as a whole (coaching) is useful.
And that’s only a way of playing... Klop and Pep likes the high pressure... so to avoid gaps they need to use a very high line defense and then a keeper who is capable of playing with feet. But a team can be mixed, do it for certain time, then change and hold until your own midfield... football is beautiful and like chess... that’s why Wenger used to say smart players are more valuable... but I think sometimes you need the one who is pure fight. Having a mix of players who complement each other working in a system as a team.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

artworks-000119058880-isc49r-t500x500.jpg

People are completely entitled to their opinions. Just because you don't agree doesn't make your opinion the correct one or theirs the wrong one. Let people vent ffs. Our play looks like dog ****, and supporters have every right to be worried about the direction of our club.

Did you read what I posted or just got triggered? I recall your posts being of this category.

I have said some have good criticism, while others mostly call Emery names and cry which makes them look like man babies. I also have said earlier that "Let it all come out, it's healthy!"

Their arguments are not logical at all. One example is saying Auba is the only reason Emery still has his job. It was explained a few times why that is ridiculous argument.

Am I not entitled to say my opinion how horrendous it is to read this forum currently but others are to barf their bad feeling nonstop? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom