• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The best thing about Emery is that he's on a 2 year deal.

You got it wrong. He has 3-year contract which can be ended with no penalty after 2 years.

He won't be sacked if he gets main objective which is top 4 this season. Or maybe UEL win.

And Raul will likely extend it if Arsenal gets top 4, so there is no uncertainty who will continue like there was with Wenger.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Did you read what I posted or just got triggered? I recall your posts being of this category.

I have said some have good criticism, while others mostly call Emery names and cry which makes them look like man babies. I also have said earlier that "Let it all come out, it's healthy!"

Their arguments are not logical at all. One example is saying Auba is the reason Emery still has his job. It was explained a few times why that is ridiculous argument.

Am I not entitled to say my opinion how horrendous it is to read this forum currently but others are to barf their bad feeling nonstop? :)
Being a one team man is never good. Auba will need rest or he is risking to injuries and as much as you don’t like it, Auba is saving games by himself.

drippin

Being a one team man is never good. Auba will need rest or he is risking to injuries and as much as you don’t like it, Auba is saving games by himself.

Why wouldn't I like it that he scores a lot? I love it.

Still that is one clear example of faulty logic which cannot hold under examination.

drippin

Martinelli will play UEL and cup, while Laca will get healthy.

People were shouting anyway to sell Laca because Auba never gets injured.

Iceman10

Established Member
Don't really understand this fixation on Auba anyway. Laca has scored two goals in three appearances, and in one of those appearances he barely played (at Anfield).

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Why wouldn't I like it that he scores a lot? I love it.

Still that is one clear example of faulty logic which cannot hold under examination.
You are only cheating yourself. If you believe we are playing well and those goals come from it you are the one with faulty logic.

I don’t have problems with PEA scoring, I have problems with PEA being the only one scoring and generating danger... and with many goals coming from fortuitous plays.

Pepes blue pill

My biggest gripe with Emery is not his pragmatic approach, but our cluelessness off the ball. It infuriates me and frightens at the same time, that nothing will change. We have this problem as far as remember. Time flies, but nothing is changing.

Its actually pretty shocking, something is wrong, either not being coached or we are but there a problem with communication

Pepes blue pill

Wenger spoke great english but we were doing mad sh!t like that under him too. It can only be an Arsenal thing :lol:

Difference is emery is meant to be pragmatic, how can you play like that if you are pragmatic, we know a big part of wengers problems was he let the team go out n play, he wanted them to work it out themselves, was great when he had great players n not very good after that, emery is meant to be crazy about details etc and the players still look clueless

Pepes blue pill

You are only cheating yourself. If you believe we are playing well and those goals come from it you are the one with faulty logic.

I don’t have problems with PEA scoring, I have problems with PEA being the only one scoring and generating danger... and with many goals coming from fortuitous plays.

Its as if you cant be happy he is scoring and realise he cant keep getting the team outta trouble all season

drippin

I'm not saying we are playing very well. Eventhough I think against United at OT our xG was better than United's. And basically Kola ****ed up in their goal.

I said that is faulty logic, if you can understand what that sentence says.

Did you see Saka in that game? You see only Auba in our games?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Difference is emery is meant to be pragmatic, how can you play like that if you are pragmatic, we know a big part of wengers problems was he let the team go out n play, he wanted them to work it out themselves, was great when he had great players n not very good after that, emery is meant to be crazy about details etc and the players still look clueless
It's all words innit... I mean, I like to think I do things a certain way and may even tell people I'm, for example, stud-like in bed. A machine. But when it kicks off I'm not machine-like at all. Fake it 'till you make it and all that. I respect that strategy.

Pepes blue pill

It's all words innit... I mean, I like to think I do things a certain way and may even tell people I'm, for example, stud-like in bed. A machine. But when it kicks off I'm not machine-like at all. Fake it 'till you make it and all that. I respect that strategy.

OK :lol::lol:

Eirico

Regarding the poll I miss an option of letting him have this season (unless a complete meltdown) and then get rid no matter the result. I think even Emery could achieve CL qualification this season through top4 or Europa League mostly because other teams are struggling as well. I dont see the huge benefit of an interim manager like Ljungberg and I cant see any good long term candidates to hire mid season, at least for now. Long term he is clearly incapable of building anything and he should be gone after the season. Even if he finishes third and wins the Europa I want him gone. He isnt a big club manager and will never be, his negative tactics and lack of system are the main reasons for that.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Look how isolated Pepe is though. Look how poor our transitional play from defense to attack is. If we get a goalkick we basically ping it around the back line until we make a pass to a midfielder who gifts possession away because we have no options and get pressed to death inside our own half.
Yet teams like Norwich can figure out how to do it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Don't really understand this fixation on Auba anyway. Laca has scored two goals in three appearances, and in one of those appearances he barely played (at Anfield).

Laca is not on Auba's level............ it is unlikely he will ever hit league 20 goals a season under us. Laca also goes on long dry streaks while Auba rarely goes without scoring a goal for more than 3 games. If we sell Auba next summer I can guarantee you that we are screwed cause Laca will never come close to replacing Auba's goals.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Agree with all that, except we haven’t rebuilt the XI.

We’ve still got Xhaka and Sokratis doing rash stuff and now we’added to the problem with a Luiz. The heart of the defence is still a mess. When the chips are down, they’ll let you down.

This squad is still 3 or 4 solid players away from a decent top 4 side that can hold off lower teams. And the lower teams are getting better.
To me it's been rebuilt.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Ramsey
Iwobi Özil Alexis
Lacazette

That's based on number of appearances in Wengers last season. We could be more to the point and take out Alexis and put in Aubameyang or Mkhitaryan. But based on the numbers that's who Wenger played the most in his last season.

Emerys Xi (imo)

Leno
Bellerin Holding Luiz Tierney
Willock Guendouzi
Pepe Ceballos Aubameyang
Lacazette

2 players remain in from Wengers XI. Its skewed slightly as Aubameyang was available to Wenger and Europa league suspension limited his appearances. Also two of the players I've selected havent played enough this season due to injury but there can be no doubt they will appear. Weve cut a lot of players as well from the Wenger era who didnt feature. Of course its subjective as well as it's my preferred Xi. Wed have to wait until the season end to get the exact appearances for each player.

The heart of the defence is an issue, hopefully Holdings return and Saliba next season goes some way to resolving that issue, another part of the post Wenger rebuild.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well clearly I didn't know that before kick off! :facepalm:
I'm sure the pull out is nothing more than us saying we arent risking him at this moment in time. Happens all the time. Not playing against United was probably to justify the "set back".

drippin

Laca is not on Auba's level............ it is unlikely he will ever hit league 20 goals a season under us. Laca also goes on long dry streaks while Auba rarely goes without scoring a goal for more than 3 games. If we sell Auba next summer I can guarantee you that we are screwed cause Laca will never come close to replacing Auba's goals.

Auba will be sold very likely if we don't get top 4. Or let go for free next year.

So Emery haters can think: do they want Auba & Emery more likely both to stay (top 4/UEL win) or likely both to leave (no UCL).

Which is better for Arsenal, someone wanna create a poll? ;)

(Of course Auba might want one more challenge in his career in any case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom