<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

What, us winning with a clean sheet and not conceding loads of shots against the opposition???? I think it's translating very well.

2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Those who are very happy with our predicament only have the short term in mind. You ought to learn from past experiences. We’re not playing well, our away record is still bad, performances haven’t improved from last season and results will catch up with the performances eventually. Despite our rivals having problems, we’ll be in a similar dogged top 4 battle as ever, wait and see. Hopefully we make top 4 and move on to a new, more ambitious manager.

yorch44 likes this.
  3. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

I'm also reading posts on Red Cafe a lot (not a member, but it's a decent forum full of supporters of many teams) and the combination of negativity on there and here is hilarious. Football fans have become so prone to overreaction, I just can't take some of the things I read seriously anymore. :lol:

freeglennhelder2 and Dregen57 like this.
  4. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

Shifted the season from watching the matches live to watching them on replay. Didn’t even bother watching the Man U match on replay, and wish I hadn’t wasted part of my weekend watching this one. Time would have been better spent folding laundry.

Results are great but the feeling is pretty empty when the football brings no joy.

Mrs Bergkamp, lamby22, Steps and 8 others like this.
  5. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

The only noteworthy moment in the game apart from the goal was the Vieira shirt wearing pitch invader

6. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: funny cus its true

7. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Another thing, but not related to the poll. Do people really believe if we play at the same performance level we have so far this season for the rest of the season we will finish top 4? I don't, and just have anticipation of some upside over the next couple of months.

If we have to improve to maintain a top 4 position there is really no problem anyway. If we don't finish top 4, imo, Emery will be gone.

yorch44, Toast and Pepes blue pill like this.
  8. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Its about getting the results and getting to fourth for me. The manager has it in him to manufacture results and Im happy to have him around for that. I do have concerns around when it comes to crunch time and hopefully he has learnt from last year.

We still need to go on our "record breaking run" again, so at least we due some good times this season.

After all of that in May, hopefully its bye bye.

Beksl and OnlyOne like this.
  9. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

In all seriousness whats with trying torreira and cebellos in the n10 role, they simply cant do it, if you wanna play a n10 you have one in Özil, dont want to play him then change formation
    Its impossible to say as the others are so bad as well (not chelsea) but the fact im not confident is damning in itself

10. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Are you worried at all in May should we achieve top 4 it would be rinse and repeat from the board though?

SA Gunner and Rex Banter like this.
  11. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

As much as I don’t like pep... he has owned the right to fail after winning league. Even Poch has do it after getting Sp**s to CL final.

That’s why

12. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

I don’t think we have a title winning squad or anywhere near yet but we could definitely have the same amount of points in addition to playing good football with a better manager. So this isn’t a case of “results vs performances” like some have made it. Where we are now could easily be achieved while playing attractive football. If we were in the title race playing negative football there’d be a case for watching it. But we aren’t so why settle.

I’m not too stressed about Emery Out though as I’m confident he’s getting sacked at the end of the season. So just going to accept it as it is, pray we get top4.

lamby22 and krackpot like this.
  13. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I’d like to think if in May we get top 4 and say for example Ten Hag proves himself to be top bollocks then we can bin Unai and take this squad to the next level.

Godwin1, TromsoGooner and Sanchez11 like this.
  14. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

People literally want us to loose the next 5 games just to spite Emery. Calling this "OTTing a bit" is a bit of an understatement don't you think? Seems to me that getting Emery sacked and just shouting insults at him have become moret important than Arsenal doing well.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Just had an epileptic fit, in hospital now feeling ****ed.

Spending the last two weeks on here bashing the manager seems a millions miles away now.

See you when I see you lads.

16. Rex Banter

You can’t deflect valid criticisms by taking poverty arguments from a select few out of the many who are anti-Emery and attributing them to everyone.

17. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Probably due it by watching Arsenal so much... we play that bad

18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

It's as if people are happy we don't have a midfield..

19. Rex Banter

Sh*t mate, hope you’re doing ok. Get well soon man.

DanDare, krackpot, celestis and 6 others like this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You're not drunk enough..
    Wish i could argue in this state. Boring football. We're not sustainable

Rex Banter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.