• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Are you worried at all in May should we achieve top 4 it would be rinse and repeat from the board though?

I am yes.

My hope is that the management team at the club have already seen what we are seeing and are making proper plans for our future. Their eyes are better than mine so I’m quietly confident that they already know

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sitting watching the game with someone who hardly understands football and he poses this question "Why is it as if your midfield aren't even there. Just slice through them like they don't exist"

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Emery wont last. He will secure top 4 and move being deemed a success. He will goto Madrid and a Madrid manager will come here.

Preacher

Always Crying
Sitting watching the game with someone who hardly understands football and he poses this question "Why is it as if your midfield aren't even there. Just slice through them like they don't exist"
Keown did good analysis about our terrible shape off the ball in the 2nd half during MOTD. Our defensive line again were too deep. Xhaka and Guendouzi were sitting just in front of them. There was too much space between attacking and defensive players. Ceballos was chasing shadows up the field. Our intensity from the front dropped. We became passengers.

Tomb Bombadil

Today Luiz, Chambers, Ceballos, Saka & Pepe were new team members this season. Substitutes too, Martinelli & Willock (basically).

That's half of the team. Can it explain anything? Maybe they don't have so many games together yet?
That could be some explanation. And what about Chelsea? New manager, 5 "new" players and 2 "new" substitutes but you can see a clear gameplan.

I liked Emery and his vision in the beginning but this season looks - apart from results - really bad and two steps backwards with the best team in some time. Maybe - I hope - we will get better and I think Emery will make top4 but still I would replace him at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
When the efficacy of your entire system relies on the fitness of basically 2 players (which is an assumption everyone seems to be making but no one knows for sure), you have to question how robust and flexible that system really is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When the efficacy of your entire system relies on the fitness of basically 2 players (which is an assumption everyone seems to be making but no one knows for sure), you have to question how robust and flexible that system really is.
For sure, it’s not as simple as that. It’s more hope rather than expectation, as well. If it does have the effect it could well do, then it’ll help us out while other issues hopefully get sorted. I can’t believe everyone at the club is happy with the long periods of haphazard play, particularly in midfield.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He’s a perfect transition manager/coach after the debacle we witnessed in the last couple of seasons under Wenger. We’re building new foundations banking on academy products and young talent, whoever comes after him will be getting a young squad with drilled fundamentals of modern football.

He’ll get us top4 and maybe even Europa but I’m not sure he can lead us to another level.

Pepes blue pill

He’s a perfect transition manager/coach after the debacle we witnessed in the last couple of seasons under Wenger. We’re building new foundations banking on academy products and young talent, whoever comes after him will be getting a young squad with drilled fundamentals of modern football.

He’ll get us top4 and maybe even Europa but I’m not sure he can lead us to another level.

I do think that he will be remembered better once he has gone because of what you are saying, still dont wanna sit through the crap football every week tho

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
While I don't think it is completely far fetched it does seem Mertesacker hasn't had much time for Mesut since the whole post WC debacle. Wouldn't surprise me if he is just jumping on the bandwagon as per club agenda..
Having said that, I really have no clue what is going on. Just want it over now.
I'm with you. Just want them to stop lying to everyone though. Lying never works in the long term.

For instance, this is Wenger on Walcott:
Wenger opted to start Walcott on the bench for Tuesday’s loss before bringing the England international on at half-time. ‘He played in the second half,’ said Wenger.

‘If you look at his history, he was not played in five and half weeks. He was stiff yesterday. I kept him out of training yesterday. We have three games this week. We know well. Don’t think we are completely stupid in the way we make decisions. I think it was a normal decision.’

Wenger on Perez:
"He's a top quality striker but I couldn't give him the games he wants and deserves, I confess that. I feel sorry for him on that front," Wenger said on Tuesday."

Wenger on Coquelin:
“He is 100 per cent professional, Francis, and an example for everybody, and all the young players. Life has been a bit unfair with him, it’s true.

“That’s also down a bit to our change in system – he paid a heavy price for that – but overall he’s in a very good shape.

“We’ll have games, many games now, so that will help him keep his focus and maintain his quality at a very high level.”

I wish Emery would stop lying about what is happening, and just let us get on...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Precisely.

Wenger was embedded in the club for 20 years. No manager again will have that influence. Continuity will come from behind the scenes with a coach brought in every 3 or 4 seasons to being a fresh approach to the squad.

As you say he is a perfect transition coach. We progressed slightly and certainly didnt fall further behind. So his job is effectively done. Hopefully the season ends positivity and we can all say our good byes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom