• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to see him coming back

The performances suggest our form will persist so don't see how he keeps his job

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Can't defend him anymore, he's been terrible this season so far, in every aspects.

I don't understand how things turned so badly. He had a promising start, the team showed some good stuff, but since the 2nd half of last year season, we've been terrible. I thought it was because the players were not good enough (because of injuries), but it goes beyond that.

We have a solid squad I think this year, but things are only getting worse.
And now the atmosphere is getting toxic around the club. There's no coming back.

The sooner he goes, the better

zilfy

So much for not going the way United did. We're bound to follow that now..
I don't see that. Gazidis chose the wrong coach, he ****ed alot of things up.
That's no reason to assume that we'll spend the next 5 years cycling through coaches. The next one could be just what we need

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ornstein saying he still has backing from within the club, whatever that means. I don’t see it. If he doesn’t beat Leicester and Wolves he’ll be gone.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
[QUOTE="zilfy, post: 4946217, member: 99953" The next one could be just what we need[/QUOTE]
Anybody come to mind? Not exactly a good time to be shopping for managers. Nobody decent available.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our performance since the Bournemouth game has taken an absolute nosedive. Atleast against Villa we dominated for a half, had a good 20-25 minute spell at Old Trafford. But rotten since then. I hope people who want to wait realise that we are on a negative spiral.

zilfy

[QUOTE="zilfy, post: 4946217, member: 99953" The next one could be just what we need
Anybody come to mind? Not exactly a good time to be shopping for managers. Nobody decent available.[/QUOTE]
That's the trouble, no ones available. I think a caretaker option (ie ljungberg) till end of year will be better than emery. The toxicity levels under him have reached overload, nothing good can come from it.

There will be decent coaches to choose from in the summer hopefully

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Ten games and we just have played good in 1 game. Arsenal always have been the philosophy football team that he plays very well with the ball, but I don't remember so many bad games in Arsenal

jato

So according to Ornstein he has lost part of the dressing room due to lack of identity...
How does this clown still have a job?

Lost part, not the majority and it does not look like he will not be going any time soon even if we are mid-table or lower by Xmas...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lost part, not the majority and it does not look like he will not be going any time soon even if we are mid-table or lower by Xmas...

That’s not what he said. He said he’d MOST LIKELY get until the end of the season.

If we’re 9 points off 4th with this toxic atmosphere still around the club do you think they’ll keep him?

jato

That’s not what he said. He said he’d MOST LIKELY get until the end of the season.

If we’re 9 points off 4th with this toxic atmosphere still around the club do you think they’ll keep him?

Re-read it mate, "equally the majority of players and staff are believed to be behind him". I replying to the dressing room comment, not Emery's tenure. How is that not what I said?

I was talking about the players, not the coach. Lost in translation. I agree with you completely re him not lasting the season especially if we are mid-table or lower by Xmas and the atmosphere at the club. Only if the higher ups can see through VAR.

Can't believe the execs rather look at VAR than the turd football we've been trotting out for such a long time or the fans opinions.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
They do not believe in knee-jerk reactions and will give Emery time, most probably until the end of the season, before deciding if he will be allowed to go into the final year of his contract.

There was a desire within a section of Arsenal’s top brass to reward him with a new deal last summer, but this was not a universal wish and the majority verdict held sway.

It is also fair to say that Emery does not retain the backing of his entire squad — the main concern of some members being an apparent absence of team identity and clarity on what is being asked of them — but equally the majority of players and staff are believed to be behind him.

There is even sympathy for him within certain quarters, given the amount of on and off-field change, as well as various political and personal issues, with which he has had to contend.

Emery was the unanimous choice to succeed Wenger after a thorough recruitment process that saw a long list of candidates whittled down to a final eight, all of whom were interviewed.

The identities of the other seven have never previously been made public, but The Athletic can exclusively reveal they were, in alphabetical order: Massimiliano Allegri, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, Julen Lopetegui, Ralf Rangnick, Jorge Sampaoli and Patrick Vieira.

Arsenal additionally discussed Antonio Conte, Eddie Howe, Maurizio Sarri and Brendan Rodgers — but for differing reasons they were not pursued, while Luis Enrique was never an option.

The only contender who came close to Emery was Arteta, but ultimately his lack of managerial experience and a readily available backroom team worked against the former Gunners captain.

It is unclear what contingency plans are in place if Arsenal decide to part with Emery — although there is a sense that assistant first-team coach Freddie Ljungberg would be capable of at least assuming a caretaker role — but currently that is not even a consideration.

Besides Allegri, the rest were equally poor. Maybe we should've brought the crazy Sampaoli, who would probably go to fight with the referees over VAR decisions like yesterday

Preacher

Always Crying
They do not believe in knee-jerk reactions and will give Emery time, most probably until the end of the season, before deciding if he will be allowed to go into the final year of his contract.

If it's truth, we're really have the board, who are living in the different reality. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom