• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've been saying for several seasons what a great player Lallana is and is my choice to be captain . Yet again as usual Lallana is our best player again so far. Lallana in 30 caps has had more decent peformances in an England shirt than the "superstars" Slippy G and Lampard combined (that's not saying much to fair).
Well I think Lampard and Gerrard individually had a lot to offer just not collectively. England managers couldn't defy the media when they should have. Also don't think Lallana should be captain. But certainly agree he is a great player. Feel he'd be one of the few English players that would merit a place in the German or Spanish squad (not necessarily starting Xi)

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Defoe apart from the well taken goal was anonymous. Sterling and Alli the poorest players for us today.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

basically we've been waiting until an England manager was finally able to drop Rooney without being crucified - having to play Rooney has totally distorted the England team for about the last eight years - now we can leave him out we can have a more balanced and coherent side who look more like equals rather than one primadonna and ten supporting roles
Distasteful. Rooney has been one of England's greatest players. Unfortunately he has suffered from staggering expectations both individually and collectively and in many ways suffered at major tournaments due to lack of alternative threat. Mark Rooney beat England.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

basically we've been waiting until an England manager was finally able to drop Rooney without being crucified - having to play Rooney has totally distorted the England team for about the last eight years - now we can leave him out we can have a more balanced and coherent side who look more like equals rather than one primadonna and ten supporting roles

No chance Southgate would have dropped him if it wasn't for Mourinho dropping him club-wise. This is why Southgate isn't getting crucified.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Distasteful. Rooney has been one of England's greatest players. Unfortunately he has suffered from staggering expectations both individually and collectively and in many ways suffered at major tournaments due to lack of alternative threat. Mark Rooney beat England.

Injury in 2010 against Bayern ruined Rooney.His peak was little bit too early in terms of his age.He was great from 2005 to 2009.

mm76

Yer Da
No chance Southgate would have dropped him if it wasn't for Mourinho dropping him club-wise. This is why Southgate isn't getting crucified.

quite so that gave him his chance to drop him, but you could tell the last couple of England managers at least would love to have been able to treat him like any other player.

sorry but for the Rooney apologists, yes he was an above-average player but nowhere near genuine world-class, no mattaer how many adverts he was in with Ronaldo and Messi

how many times would we see England field younger and more coherent teams for friendlies and some qualifiers, only to have to shoe-horn Rooney back in for the big tournaments, adn fail badly?

no player is bigger than the team - except when it's Rooney with the media on his side

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Injury in 2010 against Bayern ruined Rooney.His peak was little bit too early in terms of his age.He was great from 2005 to 2009.
Possibly. I do agree he peaked too early. People seem to forget how great he was for England in 2004 then he got injured and then in 2006 he got sent off both in the quarters. He was a massive player for England IIRC in 2004 on route to be player of the tournament. How different it may have been in both instances if he stayed on the pitch.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

sorry but for the Rooney apologists, yes he was an above-average player but nowhere near genuine world-class, no mattaer how many adverts he was in with Ronaldo and Messi

no player is bigger than the team - except when it's Rooney with the media on his side
Rooney of his early years was a great player. But nowhere near the level of Messi or Ronaldo. He could have been mind. Probably the only English player in my life time that could have done. And I'd expect anyone with half a brain to recognise Rooney was a great player at his peak but still levels below Messi and Ronaldo. And that's not a stick to beat him with those two are truly remarkable players.

Rooney had death threats due to the media. Id say they've been his biggest enemy over hyped him then tore him to shreds when it suited.

He has been England's mout successful player in my life time. Probably in most people's life time. Pl medals, Champions League medals, Uniteds record top goal scorer and England's top goal scorer. That's not media hype that's fact.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom