• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

@Notorious Big right now:
Dance Dancing GIF by DOMCAKE

Finally! He should left after WC 2018 when whole team played like ****.

Klopp looks like most decent choice to get job tbf.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Flick will go after Low. Klopp is made for club football it'll be waste seeing him only for international games

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think Klopp would be better idea. Germany needs new energy after few bad years and would like to see his style of football in some national team. Also,he can bring best out of some limited players and this squad isn't that strong like from 2004 to 2014.Lack of experience in national team would be problem ofc.

Reactions: A_G

Kav

Established Member
You get very little time to work with a squad when it comes to international players. I’m not sure that’s ideal for someone like Klopp.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Regarding the German NT: They love Flick but he's at Bayern and it'll fully depend on his relationship with Kahn & Salihamidzic, but I guess he won't just leave without testing the waters. Klopp definitely not. Hot candidates Rangnick, Löw's assistant Sorg and Germany U21 coach Kuntz. According to himself Rangnick would actually be interested, but imo Bierhoff and those DFB losers won't want to work with someone who's got his own head as much as Ralf does. It'll be Sorg or Kuntz.

Meanwhile Norwegian club Tromso has demanded the Norwegian NT boycot the WC 2022 in Katar. There's also been numerous Ultra clubs in Germany who have demanded DFB do the same.

The Dutch company "Hendriks gras" which was hired to lay the gras in stadiums for the 2022 WC has also withdrawn and boycots the tournament. The dutch parliament has voted against their Prime Minister or King visiting the tournament and their ministry of foreign trade has decided to cancel a visit of numerous big dutch companies to Katar.

At least their is some movement against this farce of a WC.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There is strong support among most Norwegian clubs to this, but the Norwegian FA is not keen on it...I would have loved to see clubs in Europe come out together against this shocking World Cup.

Any company that advertises in this travesty of a tournament is tainting their image as far as I'm concerned.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We won't get anything like that from Germany. Maye some smaller company in a sponsorship role will withdraw, but Bayern Munich has strong ties to Qatar and with their weigth in German football and thus also DFB they will never allow the DFB to boycot the WC. Let alone those DFB losers having enough guts to do something so bold. Just remembered when Rummenigge came back from Qatar to "inspect" what was going on in relation to the accusations and said everything was perfect down there, no humanitarian issues whatsoever - and a few days later the story broke how he was caught at the airport when returning with a backpack full of undeclared luxury watches he'd gotten as "a present".

I wish at least one of the seemingly brighter minds in German football who on top of that don't have anything left to lose in terms of their NT career - prime example Mats Hummels - would come out and say something. Of course it'd be easy for him to say he'd boycot the tournament as he's been axed from the NT anyway, but it would still be a neat gesture from one of Germany's best footballers of recent times. I'd actually expect similar from Stuttgart captains Gonzalo Castro and Daniel Didavi, some of the guys Löw has axed or never valued enough like Gladbach's captain Stindl and Christoph Kramer, maybe the Bender brothers, Monaco's Kevin Volland - and I'd love Freiburg manager Christian Streich to publicly denounce the Qatar WC in one of his pre or post game pressers. Such things probably wouldn't change DFB still going there, but it would build pressure and publicity.

Last edited:

Blaziken

Regarding the German NT: They love Flick but he's at Bayern and it'll fully depend on his relationship with Kahn & Salihamidzic, but I guess he won't just leave without testing the waters. Klopp definitely not. Hot candidates Rangnick, Löw's assistant Sorg and Germany U21 coach Kuntz. According to himself Rangnick would actually be interested, but imo Bierhoff and those DFB losers won't want to work with someone who's got his own head as much as Ralf does. It'll be Sorg or Kuntz.

Meanwhile Norwegian club Tromso has demanded the Norwegian NT boycot the WC 2022 in Katar. There's also been numerous Ultra clubs in Germany who have demanded DFB do the same.

The Dutch company "Hendriks gras" which was hired to lay the gras in stadiums for the 2022 WC has also withdrawn and boycots the tournament. The dutch parliament has voted against their Prime Minister or King visiting the tournament and their ministry of foreign trade has decided to cancel a visit of numerous big dutch companies to Katar.

At least their is some movement against this farce of a WC.
There is a big campaign in Norway were almost everyone are forcing NFF not to participate in the qualifiers. Not like we would anyway....

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Talk of Bamford and Ayling being in the England squad.

Southgate must hate AWB.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Talk of Bamford and Ayling being in the England squad.

Southgate must hate AWB.

Southgate plays with wing-backs a lot and I cannot think of a more ineffective wing-back than AWB would be. Even if it's a back four, it's important to have full-backs that provide an attacking threat.

That said I think Ayling is pretty average and England surely have countless RB's better.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Southgate plays with wing-backs a lot and I cannot think of a more ineffective wing-back than AWB would be. Even if it's a back four, it's important to have full-backs that provide an attacking threat.

That said I think Ayling is pretty average and England surely have countless RB's better.
Southgate likes having about 8 RB’s in his squad to be fair.

Lingard back in too apparently.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom