• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack the lad

How great would it be if Usmanov would make a takeover next week. Give wenger a one last go with Mahrez, Griezmann and Gimenez on board ? ^^

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Kroenke has made an extremely good investment, though.

When he bought the club in 2011, it was worth 1,200 million, according to Forbes, this year it's worth 2,017 million.

Not sure how much he bought the shares for, but he would make a tidy profit if he'd sell now. Shame there is no need at all to sell for him, since more money comes into football every year.

Kroenke has made an extremely good investment, though.

When he bought the club in 2011, it was worth 1,200 million, according to Forbes, this year it's worth 2,017 million.

Not sure how much he bought the shares for, but he would make a tidy profit if he'd sell now. Shame there is no need at all to sell for him, since more money comes into football every year.

How much does he lose though with the pound weakening?

GoonerSauras's Nan

stan needs to go, atleast usmanov is a fan of the club, stan is here for the fat check, **** him off, bring in usamanov, we need money idgaf, buy the league.

Bould14

Kroenke needs to go. No ambition as an owner. I hate Chelsea but Roman put that club on the map.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Don't know, but probably not as much as the value increases every year.
He probably won't be too worried about the short term currency fluctuations. He has a huge portfolio of business interests, I imagine the bulk of which have USD denominated earnings. He's more than likely happy with some exposure to GBP. And if he's not, he's probably hedged the risk away at some point.

It would make no sense to sell Arsenal. he won't find anything else with the Return on his initial investment that's being handed to him on a plate by Wenger. Given the current economic climate, record high gold prices and almost negative interest rates on Gilts, he's probably wishing he could buy more shares in Arsenal

The only way to get him out is a boycott in my opinion. We as fans have all the power. We just need to understand how to use it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Made an appearance on Hard Knocks last night.

Doubt we are even on his mind with everything he has going on with the Rams. Would not be surprised if he did sell in the medium term as the Rams & LA will be his family legacy.

Guess it just depends how analysts see the leagues future growth & risks round Arsenal. All it takes is Oil money in a West Ham or Sp**s & we are likely out the top four. West Ham are nailed on to be sold within 24 months with the Stadium now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
On again this week. On the sideline, hugging star players & handing out 42m contracts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Having Arsenal on the side with money in the bank probably helps his other interests.

I suspect we're a business play for him. Clearly, there is no hunger to challenge for the title or CL.

Even our investment this summer, is very conservative.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/10/28/texas-man-blames-stan-kroenke-for-his-****/

Came across this rather interesting article. Don't know whether it's true or false, I'm in no position to judge that, but figured it was worth to share on here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Pretty ruthless by Stan today. May be a sign how post Wenger Arsenal managers will be treated.

The Rams stunned the football world on Monday afternoon, firing long-time head coach Jeff Fisher just a few months after handing him a two-year contract extension. Just last week, Fisher confirmed he signed that deal before the start of the 2016 season.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Don't worry, this is what fans want. Your Mourinho type of a manager, someone who can come in, win and then leave right after.
Its whats normal. Wenger and Ferguson are exceptional cases. After Wenger the major focus should be on football which means we may need managers changing to evolve frequently.

I'd say Bayern and Barcelona are the best example of evolution regarding management and how the club should be run.

The rumors re Wenger as Sporting Director with a new first team manager sounds perfect to me. I rate Wenger as the best manager in terms running of the club along with Sralex and with transfers. We get a new modern manager to coach the first team with focus mostly on football. Could be sexy.

Its whats normal. Wenger and Ferguson are exceptional cases. After Wenger the major focus should be on football which means we may need managers changing to evolve frequently.

I'd say Bayern and Barcelona are the best example of evolution regarding management and how the club should be run.

The rumors re Wenger as Sporting Director with a new first team manager sounds perfect to me. I rate Wenger as the best manager in terms running of the club along with Sralex and with transfers. We get a new modern manager to coach the first team with focus mostly on football. Could be sexy.

Is Wenger focusing on something else than football or am I missing your point here?

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Is Wenger focusing on something else than football or am I missing your point here?
I mean like a coach in charge of all the footballing matters under Wenger's watch who focuses on little bit of everything. The coach free of other responsibilities about clubs finances and all that. Transfers too may be. Like how it is at Bayern or Barcelona. Coach has a say on transfers in terms of advice and player profiling but mostly focused on the footballing matters rather than anything to do with how the club is run.

And I believe first team coaches need to change frequently in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom