• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean like a coach in charge of all the footballing matters under Wenger's watch who focuses on little bit of everything. The coach free of other responsibilities about clubs finances and all that. Transfers too may be. Like how it is at Bayern or Barcelona. Coach has a say on transfers in terms of advice and player profiling but mostly focused on the footballing matters rather than anything to do with how the club is run.

And I believe first team coaches need to change frequently in 3 years.

I think it is actually a huge problem today with modern managers that they are not allowed to fully express them. Manager need space and time to implement their ideas. It is totally lacking in today climate.

But you are probably right, hence I will most likely be off football when Wenger quit.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think it is actually a huge problem today with modern managers that they are not allowed to fully express them. Manager need space and time to implement their ideas. It is totally lacking in today climate.

But you are probably right, hence I will most likely be off football when Wenger quit.
Noooooo, I'll miss you!

Agree on that sentiment but that level of freedom depends on club setups. With Wenger as a DoF it wouldn't mean the coach will lack control bu that the coach will specialize on his control over footballing matters. Specialization can be more productive. Look how well Bayern and Barcelona are run. Managers and players come and go but they're always competitive with a core group of homegrown players. Its just evolution.

Preacher

Always Crying
Will Usmanov have to sell his Arsenal shares?

At the moment, no. His companies can sponsor as many clubs as they like as long as he doesn’t own any part of those clubs.

Is Usmanov bored of Arsenal?

Maybe. He certainly hasn’t bothered buying any more shares lately, after several years of regular activity, even once Kroenke had taken over. In fact it’s coming up to 1,000 days since Usmanov last bought an Arsenal share. Kroenke ignores him; he has no involvement or influence at Arsenal despite owning almost a third of it, and he is reduced to protesting against Kroenke by occasional public statements saying how much better he’d run things and abstaining from voting at the AGM when Kroenke took £3m out of the club.

Does Usmanov want to sell his Arsenal shares?

That’s the big question. When asked he’s always denied he would sell, but people change their minds. Maybe he thought Stan Kroenke would get bored at Arsenal and sell to him, but getting on for six years since the Kroenke takeover there is no sign of that.

Would Kroenke buy Usmanov’s shares?

Another big question. Pros: Kroenke would then own 97 per cent of Arsenal and could take the club private by forcibly buying out the remaining shareholders. This would give him a couple of big benefits: no troublesome AGM to sit through, where people like me – all right, it was me – irritate him by getting up and questioning why he was taking £3m out for undefined ‘services’; and more importantly, the right to take as much cash out of Arsenal as he wanted – just like the Glazers do at Man Utd.

Cons: it would cost him at least £300m to buy out Usmanov. On balance he may well think it’s worth it.

Would Usmanov sell to Kroenke?

Possibly the biggest question. This really depends on Usmanov’s feelings towards Arsenal and Kroenke. If he hates Kroenke then he may not want to sell to him, and financially he doesn’t need to. If he’s happy to stay in the background at Everton then it makes no difference whether he still holds Arsenal shares. He can leave Moshiri as the public owner of half of Everton and pull the strings from a distance – if that’s what’s happening, which of course it probably isn’t (in case any lawyers are reading).

If on the other hand Usmanov doesn’t care about Kroenke or about what happens to Arsenal, then he’ll sell to whoever will give him money – which is only likely to be Kroenke, because who is going to want to spend £300m on 30 per cent of Arsenal and have zero influence? Not many people, I suspect.

https://angryofislington.com/2017/01/05/usmanov-in-everton-deal-is-he-on-the-way-out-of-arsenal/

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not a business expert, but you feel Kroenke has Arsenal in his portfolio as a business play rather than some trailblazing endeavour or project, like Roman has with Chelsea or Moshiri now with Everton.

Everton have signed a top manager, for their level, linked and looking to sign a better player than they have before, have new stadium plans etc. All signs Everton are on the up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not a business expert, but you feel Kroenke has Arsenal in his portfolio as a business play rather than some trailblazing endeavour or project, like Roman has with Chelsea or Moshiri now with Everton.

Everton have signed a top manager, for their level, linked and looking to sign a better player than they have before, have new stadium plans etc. All signs Everton are on the up.

Yeah that's pretty clear I think, all the moves he makes for his teams are ones that benefit him financially. Sad truth is that we make him enough money getting top 4 so why bother spending even more money to try and win?

Modern owners are 99% c*nts anyway, you either end up with morally bankrupt scumbags that run Chelsea and City or greedy pricks like us and Utd.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Wish the PL was run the Bundesliga way but I guess Man Utd would be like Bayern then. Well it would've been awesome if we were owned and run by fans.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Atleast you dont get Kronke texting Jim White & getting embarrassed by players on deadline day.

Get the feeling Stan is just a sports fanatic but we are not his priority right now... & understandably.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
To think we could have had Moshiri and Usmanov at Arsenal.

Instead, we have Stan who spends more on rent boys and wine farms than Arsenal.

Wine farms give more pleasure than Arsenal. As for rent boys I couldn't comment.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Why would Usmanov sell his shares? The value keeps increasing YoY, there is no incentive to sell.

jaesyn

From a footballing perspective this isn't even a question. Usmanov would be light years better for us regarding our performances on the pitch. Ultimately he would likely be better financially as well as he seems to have a passion for football that Kroenke completely lacks.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Atleast you dont get Kronke texting Jim White & getting embarrassed by players on deadline day.

Get the feeling Stan is just a sports fanatic but we are not his priority right now... & understandably.
Stan is money fanatic not a sport fanatic. The lack of trophies across all his sporting ventures proves this.

The leagues his teams are in make him money, he doesnt invest anything into the actual franchises. Every huge TV deal the PL signs increases the value of his holdings. Same goes for the NBA with the Denver Nuggets and the NFL and their huge TV deal coupled with the $3Billion stadium for his now relocated LA Rams which he wont be footing a single dollar of.

Silent Stan isnt going to go anywhere and the article @Preacher posted paints an even more depressing future if Usmanov is in fact tired of ****ing around at AFC and sells to Stan, giving him full control, so Alisher can concentrate on building up Everton.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Usmanov any day of the week, the football landscape has COMPLETELY changed lads. There's no point being a moral Pariah now.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I won't be surprised if he can't tell the difference between full backs and quarterbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom