• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal had to use their number one mouthpiece Ornstein. With Kroenke everything is about the money.

Well we know Kroenke doesn't speak to anyone so we can be sure they're not quotes from Kroenke. Inclined to agree with you. Everything has a price.

logic DC

so is there new info about the takeover or is it that bull about him gaining 30% shares?. I feel like in order to gain success as a club you have to make a few sacrifices, look at barca people used to worship their model and the way they did things but now they are as bad as Real, why? because now its about success for them. Arsenal will always be Arsenal that will never change so I see no harm in this guy taking over and bringing success, Arsenal will always be bigger than him its not like we are like Chelsea before Roman took over.

progman07

Established Member
Kroenke should just sell, it's one thing that he doesn't care at all about the Club, but worse he doesn't even know how to maximalise the Club's value... The performance on the pitch will affect the profitability of his investments obviously, shirt sales, marketing revenues, worldwide fanbase will be affected on the long-term significantly if we never pass the first knockout rounds of the CL.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He's going to go and pour his resources into Everton whilst we are stuck running a business. Stan is a stubborn old goat who cares little for the fans. Arsenal is just one of his many franchises.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

:lol: Funny you should mention him. I started watching a bit of Manning on Youtube the other day and ended up there for hours. One that tickled me was: Two girls working on the checkout in Tescos...
Girl 1: You can always tell the married fellas from the single fellas.
Girl 2: How do you do that then?
Girl 1: watch this
Bloke comes up to the checkout.
Bloke: I'll have one mushroom, one tomato, one slice of bacon and a tin of beans.
Girl 1: You're a single fella aren't you?
Bloke: Yeah, how do you know that?
Girl 1: You're a right ugly cvnt.
:lol:
:lol: Same formula, leads you into understanding one thing and then switches the scenario to something more shocking in the punchline.

Works every time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Tony Montana if it meant pushing forward.

No one in football cares what the owner has done, it's all about winning. And to those that do, if we're so pure should be sell tax cheat Alexis? Remove 'Mr.Arsenal' from our history for drunk driving?

When I look at the owner I really don't look too far beyond what they offer the club. Especially with all these unproven allegations.
I know Kroenke offers my club nothing apart from financial stability, but he also makes his fair share from the club. With Kreonke the fan base it split, the manager has passed his sell by date, the top is weak and indecisive, the club lacks a competitive edge, lacks ambition, the club doesn't offer value for money with ticket prices, the football quality has slowly gone backwards, inactive ownership, also we have become nothing more than a business acquisition. This is not what I want from my football club.
I welcome Usmanov who is at least a fan of football and will most likely be more active in trying to get Arsenal back to the top and competing for major trophies. Also I don't expect him to put up with CL embarrassments we had to endure with Wenger in charge.

I want more and expect more from my football club and Kroenke doesn't deliver. I believe fans should protest against Kroenke until he relinquishes control of our club to Usmanov. This timing of a bid seems strategic from Usmanov as he knows there is real unrest amongst fans, we should answer that call as fans and rally against Kroenke, do what we can to get rid of him.

ClubLevel

This is strange timing and has been leaked either from the Usmanov camp trying to get fans on side before the end of the season (if we miss out on top four and the fa cup then this ramps the pressure up on the club) or the club are purposely doing this knowing us fans will get excited that the club is moving forward in the hope that season tickets are renewed/tickets sell in what could be a difficult summer.

Then you have the Wenger contract situation too, this could drag on into the summer. Everything has a price though, so if Usmanov wants the club so bad he will have to pay up even if massively over the odds and likewise the yank will sell if its the right deal for him, lets face it this is just another business cash cow, he has no connection to the club.

say yes

forum master baiter
1: Arsenal have no majority shareholders.

2: Arsenal have a majority shareholder who wants to put money into the club.

3: Arsenal have a majority shareholder who wants to take money out of the club.

Amazed that anyone could think 2 isn't an improvement on 3.

People need to stop getting on their high horse about Usmanov's character. It's mostly speculation based on the fact that he's rich (ooh must be dodgy!), Russian (ooh evil too!) and ugly (sorry fella).

karl

It is a sad state of affairs when our club only has the choice of these two. We are paying the price of excessive money in the game now with foreign owners unrelated to football and bizarre tv schedules.

Karlos14478

the fans are desperate for success so if he's staying and planning to be there a lot longer he needs to finally match the fans ambition.

Just to see him speak to the fans would be a start or to be at more than one game a season during the PL campaign. Maybe even go to an away game in the back end of Europe somewhere next season would start to show that he does understand the fans and what it's about but as we all know he's enjoying the situation as he knows the fans will turn up no matter what happens this summer as they are quite happy to pay through the nose KNOWING the squad isn't anywhere near the level to compete at the top now but will come on here or any other forum and moan about it and how he doesn't care etc.

Whilst that ground is filled he will continue it's a simple as that. Forget all the "I've been going since I was 5yrs old" excuses you want change stop going it's as simple as that. Once the grounds empty the players will walk away and nobody will come and he'll have to sell up.

A ground full of tourists won't happen for too long either and those on the waiting list won't take up the chance of sitting watching a crap squad for the prices you'd expect to watch galacticos in Madrid. It's the fans who hold the power but won't take up the opportunity to vote with their feet because they worry it might suddenly change and they will have missed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom