• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Looking at today's transfer activity as a preview for summers ahead it's becoming clear that Usmanov is our only chance of winning a title.

Maybe the insane amount of money being spent might even convince Kroenke to give us some more (but still not enough) money.

WhatAFC

Right and I didn't say we'd be getting deals like United either. I was saying that there is a difference between a sponsor aligning themselves to a club of United's stature with their recent history and a club of ours with our recent history if both are struggling. Major Trophies are the most valuable currency for sponsors. The same rules that applied to United's sponsorship deal would apply to Chelsea and City too if they took a step back.

It's not about being at the weakest point at this moment. It's about how strong your brand is and frankly all 3 of those teams(especially United) right now have stronger brand recognition than we do and perhaps even more importantly for sponsor confidence they've got considerably more ambition. If any one of those clubs struggles for a little while a sponsor can still have full confidence that they will throw the necessary resources at the problem to fix it. They don't have that same confidence in us and for good reason so no in fact as far as sponsorship goes we will not come out unscathed if we continue to go backwards. It's much easier to hand United a massive deal when they're in a rut when you know they'll change managers and spend a fortune to get back to the top. It's a far different thing when you can't reasonably expect the same from Arsenal.
I've no idea why you're comparing our brand to those 3. I replied to someone who basically said that we should be worried about Liverpool, Sp**s, Everton and Southampton could over take us financially and as a club.

I merely used the Utd sponsorship example as they have fallen some what but it's not made any difference to their sponsorship deals which have continued to grow along with the investment in the PL as a whole. Which is what will happen to ours unless we fall away for a number of years.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I've no idea why you're comparing our brand to those 3. I replied to someone who basically said that we should be worried about Liverpool, Sp**s, Everton and Southampton could over take us financially and as a club.

I merely used the Utd sponsorship example as they have fallen some what but it's not made any difference to their sponsorship deals which have continued to grow along with the investment in the PL as a whole. Which is what will happen to ours unless we fall away for a number of years.
So you used United as an example and you don't know why I used United and the 2 most comparable PL teams to United as a response? o_O

WhatAFC

So you used United as an example and you don't know why I used United and the 2 most comparable PL teams to United as a response? o_O
You used Utd, Chelsea and city & the context which you used them is completely different to what my reply was. If you think that our sponsorship deals which are due for renewal over the next couple years are going to go down then I've no idea what to tell you.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The way I remember it is that Dein supported Kronke's takeover bid and helped broker the transfer of shares.
After Kronke took over Dein found himself frozen out and without a position on the board.
He then partnered with Usmanov (was the company called Red and White or something) making enemies within Arsenal along the way.
We'll remembered. Thanks. It goes to show how slippery Kronke can be.

sammy89

Looking like another 100m transfer window, two seasons in a row. Stan showing intent IMO. Don't know why guys hate on him, the purse has been open

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Looking like another 100m transfer window, two seasons in a row. Stan showing intent IMO. Don't know why guys hate on him, the purse has been open
Well excluding this season, I've always felt we have been balancing ourselves out in the market. We spent just 42 million in 2013 for Özil, went big in 2014, spending close to 90 million I think and a bit more for Gabriel in January, 2015. In summer 2015, just the 10 million on Cech. Went big in 2016. All things considered we've probably been averaging 60-65 million per window, which is well within our capabilities.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Stan's ultimately responsible for us not being the best team on the planet, and he's rich.

In this world of blame and hate the guy's a walking target.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Is this sarcasm?
He must know that to be Barcelona or United/Chelsea/Man C we've got to spend a lot more and he clearly doesn't want to go into debt or spend his own cash.

Is he holding us back? Does it make him a poor owner? Should he be using sports teams to make a profit? Should he sell to Usmanov? Should we dislike capitalists? Is he really a bad person? Does he care about Arsenal? Did he marry the Walmart heiress for love or money?

To be honest I have no f***ing idea what the answers are. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Joking right? We've spent money the club has made inspite of stan..... We didn't spend his money....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He must know that to be Barcelona or United/Chelsea/Man C we've got to spend a lot more and he clearly doesn't want to go into debt or spend his own cash.

Is he holding us back? Does it make him a poor owner? Should he be using sports teams to make a profit? Should he sell to Usmanov? Should we dislike capitalists? Is he really a bad person? Does he care about Arsenal? Did he marry the Walmart heiress for love or money?

To be honest I have no f***ing idea what the answers are. :lol:
The only question you need to ask is: Is he the reason we've underperformed in the premiere competitions recently? And answer to that is a resounding 'no'. No ifs buts or maybes. No two ways about it. Bottom line is he continues to make funds available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom