• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tywin

What is definitely a fact is that fans are fed rumours, suggestions, interpretations and sometimes complete nonsense by journalists and so called ITKs. And sadly that's often the only 'evidence' we get to go on.

Very few people are party to the mechanisms for transfers and budget distributions, and who has the final say. Undoubtedly Wenger's in that mix. But just how much control he has over proceedings is total speculation however you try and package it.

Not what we have are statements from PHW, Kroenke, the board and Wenger himself saying that he is fully supported on transfers. There was even this one guy on the board who said that nobody questions Wenger on football matters. When everyone is saying the same thing and you choose to believe otherwise you can't turn around and blame the evidence.

Last edited:

FreakySami

Not what we have are statements from PHW, Kroenke, the board and Wenger himself saying that he is fully supported on transfers. There was even this one guy on the board who said that nobody questions Wenger on football matters. When everyone is saying the same thing and you choose to believe otherwise you can't turn around and blame the evidence.

Transfers are a gray zone... They are both football and financial

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There was even this one guy on the board who said that nobody questions Wenger on football matters. When everyone is saying the same thing and you choose to believe otherwise you can't turn around and blame the evidence.
I'm guessing that's because none of the board know much about football, least of all Kroenke.

But financial and business concerns they do know about. And let's not forget it is a business, and Wenger is just an employee not God almighty.

Tywin

I'm guessing that's because none of the board know much about football, least of all Kroenke.

But financial and business concerns they do know about. And let's not forget it is a business, and Wenger is just an employee not God almighty.

And the board backs Wenger in financial matters such as transfers which they have stated repeatedly. It wasn't the board who decided not to pay an extra 3m for Alonso when we desperately needed a central midfielder or an extra 10m for Higuain when we needed a proven goal scorer.

The board gives Wenger a budget and he identifies the players he wants and we try to sign them. Wenger knows this club inside out and he knows the financial situation well enough to realize who we can and cannot afford. It's inconciveable that a manager as powerful as Wenger could be denied funds that are readily available.

If you believe Wenger is just an employee then you are very much mistaken.

Sobotka

Brilliant news.

Ignoring the football side of things - had Kroenke bought him out, he could have taken the Company completely private (meaning no published accounts or AGM), registered the Company in the US instead of England, and forced a buyout of fans shares (some of whom have been owned by families and passed down to children over the last century).

Love Usmanov, me.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

And the board backs Wenger in financial matters such as transfers which they have stated repeatedly. It wasn't the board who decided not to pay an extra 3m for Alonso when we desperately needed a central midfielder or an extra 10m for Higuain when we needed a proven goal scorer.

The board gives Wenger a budget and he identifies the players he wants and we try to sign them. Wenger knows this club inside out and he knows the financial situation well enough to realize who we can and cannot afford. It's inconciveable that a manager as powerful as Wenger could be denied funds that are readily available.

If you believe Wenger is just an employee then you are very much mistaken.
Where are you getting all this information from?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
given that the battle between Usmanov and Kroenke is so important, could we keep extraneous stuff like who decides transfers out of this thread .............. please?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I just don't see how this doesn't show that Wenger has odds with the board and Kroenke. Kroenke may like Wenger, but Wenger would have only agreed to stay because of his love for the club. Kroenke sees success as making money and that's all.

Jojoba

Please Usmanov, don''t let this "SILENT STAN" loser pressure / bully you into submission.. Hold on...

FreakySami

I think the best bet is usmanov and consortium as owners. It would push us in the right direction financially and give us diverse owners who won't put the team down under or use it as leverage

Tywin

given that the battle between Usmanov and Kroenke is so important, could we keep extraneous stuff like who decides transfers out of this thread .............. please?

No we can't because ownership will have a huge influence on our transfer strategy. Usmanov will expect Wenger to splash the cash and will ensure funds are available beyond what the self sustaining model is able to provide. Usmanov will also expect Wenger to deliver the PL or lose his job. Huge difference from the laissez faire style of Kroenke.

If Wenger continues with his value signings only approach under Usmanov he won't last very long.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

If the PHW and others statements were true why did they not publicly reprimand Wenger for not spending the money? Or fire him? And how come the unspent money was then quietly removed from the transfer war chest?

Toast

Established Member
One rumour that they would like to squash is that the family’s 67 per cent shareholding is attainable. A £1 billion bid from Alisher Usmanov, who himself owns 30 per cent, was immediately rejected earlier this year and it is understood that there have been no further offers since. “Just go look at our history,” said Kroenke Snr. “We get into these things to try to grow them .You don’t see us selling things. You just don’t. We are committed long-term.”

Asked if there was “ever” any chance of him considering an offer, he replied: “No. Absolutely not. That’s just not our model.” Kroenke is now 70, long established among the richest billionaires in the world and, as he further weighed up the question, there was a shake of his head. “I’m at a stage in life where…what good does that do? I love Arsenal, love being involved with Arsenal. There no finer feeling than going out and winning like we did with the FA Cup.

“That whole afternoon and evening, we talked about what happened on the pitch. Wonderful. The feeling is contagious and it makes you want to keep doing it. There’s so many easier ways to make money, I can assure you.Much, much easier.”

Kroenke Jnr, who is 37, runs the family’s Denver Nuggets basketball and Colorado Avalanche ice-hockey teams but describes “soccer” as his “first love” in sport. “My body type became more a basketball player unless I was going to be a goalkeeper or centre-back,” he says. And could Josh see Arsenal remaining “through the generations” of the Kroenke family? “Without a doubt,” he said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonderful news...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Speaking exclusively on the eve of the Gunners' AGM, the US businessman insists their manager of 21 years remains the "right guy" for the job

"It’s easy to change coaches and people do it all the time. But the hardest thing is to replicate success and remain competitive."

“When you have someone that passionate, when you get one who has really demonstrated that level of excellence – a good character – do you say: ‘Hey, we should get rid of him or we should make a change’?

“We have a lot of respect for Arsène — we are not going to be pushy about things. I think he treated us with respect as well and always has."

“I think three out of four FA Cups is pretty darn good.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom