• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Valon Behrami

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Re: Behrami

kamikaze80 said:
i can't figure out if i'm mixing him up with someone else - is he moroccan in descent? or is there a guy with a similar name who played for pompey? i thought he was left-sided and i thought he was a decent player. not necessarily for us, but you know what i mean.

This is the guy we're linked to

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valon_Behrami" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valon_Behrami</a>

Are you think of Benjani?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

He was born in old Yugoslavia (Kosovo I think), but moved to Switzerland. No idea if he has any Moroccan ancestry - doesn't 'look' like he does.

Not thinking of Belhadj are you, kami? Surely not Benjani (I doubt it) who used to play for Pompey?

Anyway, Behrami is quite a handy player in my opinion - I think he's become more consistent since he made his way to England. Pretty versatile, but he's a right sided-player kami - full back, winger type. He had that awful knee injury against ManC (I think).

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

You don't remember that? He had to get oxygen and got stretchered off the field. He was out for months - it definitely ended his season.

He looks OK now though - his motor and energy are some of his pluses.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
i can't figure out if i'm mixing him up with someone else - is he moroccan in descent? or is there a guy with a similar name who played for pompey? i thought he was left-sided and i thought he was a decent player. not necessarily for us, but you know what i mean.

Your thinking of Belhadj - he plays for Algeria.

The only way we will sign Behrami is if Eboue is sold. Highly unlikely as nobody will want to buy him in January when he won't be available and as for next summer we may aswell keep him with no ANC next year.

kamikaze80

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Not thinking of Belhadj are you, kami?
belhadj, that's the guy. decent player for a midtable team, i think. nothing special, but good engine, decent technique.

Gurgen

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:

No no, you're thinking of Behrami, Behrami and Saramati, a famous ECtHR case.

Anywho, this guy is a total **** who I don't want at the club. And he's not very good either.

kamikaze80

Established Member

pedersen was a guy whose entire game revolved around his left peg. now that he's lost all pace, quickness and stamina, he's pretty much useless. scored some crackers in his day, though, and a hairdo to impress vidal sassoon himself. if he'd worn eyeshadow, he couldve been the first emo footballer.

gstew

kamikaze80 said:
AnthonyG said:
Not thinking of Belhadj are you, kami?
belhadj, that's the guy. decent player for a midtable team, i think. nothing special, but good engine, decent technique.
I think Belhadj is fantastic. We certainly don't need him, but he would not look out of place in any side in the world. Excellent speed, technique and instincts.

Of course that has nothing to do with Behrami who is just a decent player and wouldn't provide us anything special.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom