• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
As if wenger will buy a defender whiel having holding, monreal, kolasinac, mustafi, koscielny, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Chambers on the books. Not long time ago he only had squailaccy senderos djouro vermalen etc. and was still fine going into the season..
It was a different time back then, a time where we couldn't afford to splash the cash as much as we can now, so we had to be content with what we had at the time. Not to mention the league as a whole was less competitive too, so the need to strengthen wasn't as high as it is today. I do agree with your first point though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It was a different time back then, a time where we couldn't afford to splash the cash as much as we can now, so we had to be content with what we had at the time. Not to mention the league as a whole was less competitive too, so the need to strengthen wasn't as high as it is today. I do agree with your first point though.
it looks like times havent changed if we couldnt afford to buy Lemar because we couldnt shift deadwood.

yes we spend more now but its still just enough to only achieve top4 and not the BPL trophy

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
it looks like times havent changed if we couldnt afford to buy Lemar because we couldnt shift deadwood.

yes we spend more now but its still just enough to only achieve top4 and not the BPL trophy

Sometimes its not even enough for that #Europa

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I really want him tbh.

We have numbers at the moment but I'm not sure if we all realise that we'll be losing two top quality CB's very soon in Kos and Merts.

Signing a CB this summer isn't essential but it would be very proactive and would stop teams ripping us off next summer.

Also we should be doing everything we can to get back into the top four.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I really want him tbh.

We have numbers at the moment but I'm not sure if we all realise that we'll be losing two top quality CB's very soon in Kos and Merts.

Signing a CB this summer isn't essential but it would be very proactive and would stop teams ripping us off next summer.

Where's your link?

GunnerFinn

I really want him tbh.

Wishlist

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not needed this summer, but if the price was ok we could make something about it. Not for the money quoted, as we are not in such need.

avalonhse

Not needed this summer, but if the price was ok we could make something about it. Not for the money quoted, as we are not in such need.

After the 1st match with Leicester, could anyone who said Arsenal does not need Dijik come here to tell me:

- What was the result you think if we have Dijik today? (so that kola can play wingback)

Say we dont need a world-class CB again. Bellerin and Ox can be injured, pls leave Kola for the wing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
After the 1st match with Leicester, could anyone who said Arsenal does not need Dijik come here to tell me:

- What was the result you think if we have Dijik today? (so that kola can play wingback)

Say we dont need a world-class CB again. Bellerin and Ox can be injured, pls leave Kola for the wing.

I would much rather spend the money on a CM & play some form of 4-3-3.

May not be in vogue anymore but the midfield is so open in both 4-2-3-1 & the 3-4-3. They need support & legs.

Its just not Wenger basing a formation round 3/5 defenders.

avalonhse

I would much rather spend the money on a CM & play some form of 4-3-3.

May not be in vogue anymore but the midfield is so open in both 4-2-3-1 & the 3-4-3. They need support & legs.

Its just not Wenger basing a formation round 3/5 defenders.

Lacazzete is built for 3-4-3, with limited height but strong connected plays and deadly striking.

With 4-3-3 you need a different type of striker, like Mbappe/Torres/Drogba. Someone can create chance independently.

Moreoever, 4-3-3 can not utilize Özil and Sanchez at best. That's the reason why Wenger changed.

So if you play 4-3-3, you have another problem with attacking. That lesson we learned enough recent years.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lacazzete is built for 3-4-3, with limited height but strong connected plays and deadly striking.

With 4-3-3 you need a different type of striker, like Mbappe/Torres/Drogba. Someone can create chance independently.

Moreoever, 4-3-3 can not utilize Özil and Sanchez at best. That's the reason why Wenger changed.

So if you play 4-3-3, you have another problem with attacking. That lesson we learned enough recent years.
Not convinced he it although v.good tonight. Doesn't have to be a traditional front three... Could be narrow or with Özil / Alexis interchanging behind.

I just dont think we are dominating games enough to challenge in the league. The midfield far too isolated & easily ran through. Upgrading individuals in the back line for huge money not worth it under Wenger.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I really want him tbh.

Per is already lost.

I love the guy but he was never a fast mover and speed is the first thing that goes. after a year out he played the game of his life in the cup-final

have him around for morale one last year before his coaching days begin but he shouldn't be counted on because that will sour the view we got of him, our BFG!

is Van Dijk left footed btw?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sign Van Dijk and keep our key players mostly fit and we have a real chance at winning the league.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Would sign him in a heartbeat which I mentioned earlier he is perfect for our system. He can dribble he is strong he has everything you want from a defender. Please sign him up arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom