• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Bridge

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Re: Wayne Bridge on loan?

I understand your frustrations, but he plays for team at the top of Omani top division. Omani, but still, top division :lol: get your facts right people :eek:ops:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Can someone please explain to me how Santos has been anything less than class for us thus far? He's twice the player that useless pile of turd (Clichy) was and is, and our best football this season has had him heavily involved in it. Sure, he's not the quickest, but he's good in the tackle and physically strong. Great signing. Gibbs will be our long term eventually, but Santos is an amazing back-up/competitor. I just cannot believe that Wenger played the ****er in that MEANINGLESS game in Greece :evil: :evil:

GDeep™

League is very weak

dpt49 said:
We have a LB who is always injured and Santos who looks ok as a back up LB so clearly we need a top player and get rid of one of these.

Santos ''looks ok'' as a back up? :lol: He's been excellent, calm and composed when defending and great going forward. This is a player that Barcelona were sniffing around earlier in the summer.

dpt49

Established Member

GDeep said:
dpt49 said:
We have a LB who is always injured and Santos who looks ok as a back up LB so clearly we need a top player and get rid of one of these.

Santos ''looks ok'' as a back up? :lol: He's been excellent, calm and composed when defending and great going forward. This is a player that Barcelona were sniffing around earlier in the summer.
That's why I said he was ok.
I wasn't saying he wasn't ok, but it's hard to judge a player after only a handful of starts.
But Gibbs looks a liability and after having so many players out with long term injuries in recent seasons, for what ever reason, I think we need reliability and consistency and Gibbs doesn't give us that.

2/3 Seasons ago I thought Gibbs was going to be the new Ashley Cole but if spends most of his time injured then there is no point.
We have enough players taking up space and wages that aren't up to it without another one.

So keep Santos and get another decent LB

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
dpt49 said:

That's how he looks with the ball, when defending he looks rash and disorientated. I do like him though.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

It's a myth that he can't defend. Please go back and watch. Being 'caught upfield' isn't so much an individual lack of quality than it is a collective fault of the team.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Quicker than Walcott said:
It's a myth that he can't defend. Please go back and watch. Being 'caught upfield' isn't so much an individual lack of quality than it is a collective fault of the team.
Which part of what I said do you disagree with? I didn't say he can't defend. His tackling technique is certainly rash and unorthodox (not saying that he doesn't win many of those tackles) the way he leaps into challenges. Even when back, he does tend to get caught out of position losing his man at times.

Glovegun

Established Member

I am a Santos fan but he is defensively suspect. He needs to learn to jockey his man along the touchline rather than just dive in. His physicality is refreshing, but he makes far too many unnecessary fouls for my liking.

blaze_of_glory

What is wrong with Bridge on loan? If he comes its just as cover until our other fullbacks return.

Would much prefer an attacking player though, I think that is our most pressing need.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

N.B. I still despise the c*nt for knocking us out in 2004. That smug smile in his celebration...

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

If only we kept our midfield shape - I watched that goal on YT the other day. For some reason all of our midfielders pushed over to our left side to deal with a Chelsea throw in, and they subsequently shifted it over to our vacated right side of the pitch, where Bridge drove into space and one-two'd it with someone and then scored.

I'm sure we'd have won the CL that year if we beat Chelsea.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Wayne Bridge is horrible, maybe he used to be decent but he's not any more. He hasn't even played a competitive match in almost a year and even then he was diabolical on loan at West Ham.

I'd rather play Miquel LB than have Wayne Bridge.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

That's the key point here, our midfield shape.
The absense of Gilberto in this game and the FA Cup SF did cost us on both occasions.

No question there, I'm convinced as well that the CL title would have been ours to lose that season, had we beaten Chelsea.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

True about Bert. Ljungberg seemed to be the main culprit for that goal, he lost focus and drifted far too central. He should have been looking out for Bridge's run.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

I don't think I could handle it, if I watched some footage of this game again after all those years.

Btw, it just dawned on me that we'd have played against Milwall in the FA Cup Final had we beaten ManUre in 2004.
Just two wins short of a huge chance of securing a triple with the best ever Arsenal side.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Yep, it's truly painful. It probably would have been touted as THE greatest club side ever.

Jbruin

Established Member

The thing is, it's all well and good saying that he won't be a bad signing on loan, which is true in a sense but we're gonna have to nurse the guy back to match fitness which is gonna take weeks, then you have to factor in he hasn't even played all season, it's riskier than people think, I'd rather use Miqule than give this reject time and effort to get fit only for him to more than likely prove what we all knew in the first place, that he is in fact a **** full back.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom