• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
baccy_man said:
Rooney might take it as a challenge to get one over RVP to make us winners again.

Or he may just want to add to his medals rather than start a grudge match against RVP! Rooney will wait for Madrid to bid if he can't get Chelsea.

Floating

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
baccy_man said:
Rooney might take it as a challenge to get one over RVP to make us winners again.

Or he may just want to add to his medals rather than start a grudge match against RVP! Rooney will wait for Madrid to bid if he can't get Chelsea.

Doubt he'd go abroad mate. Can you imagine Rooney trying to speak Spanish? He can hardly speak English!

Loken

Haven't we done all of this before?

- English connection

- Rivalry with United (RVP)

- Being main man again

- Playing natural position

- Hates working under Moyes

To sum up, no chance.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Admittedly he doesn't seem the type to move but for Barca or REal he may just be persuaded.

His situation at United is almost unworkable but they seem serious about not backing down to Chelsea.

trunks206

Established Member
Loken said:
Haven't we done all of this before?

- English connection

- Rivalry with United (RVP)

- Being main man again

- Playing natural position

- Hates working under Moyes

To sum up, no chance.

You forgot to add the ability to swap those clowns Cleverley and Welbeck for Wilshere and Walcott. :D

I dont blame him for wanting out.

k24bfan

I would take Rooney at this point, but lets be real its not happening. Doesn't fit Wenger's price range.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Sign him up Arsène!

Tbh, I don't see us going for him. We might be "in" for him, but we really aren't. At this point he will cost us about 35m or more and Utd might ask a midfielder in return, most likely Wilshere or Ramsey, looking at how well he is doing atm. He will definitely give us a lot of leverage if he joins though. Even if he won't be able to carry us to title, he will turn a lot heads and make us very attractive. As much as I hate the cvnt, he is a very respected player across Europe. And ofc, he will give us that fear factor and decisions will start to go in our favor. There are a lot of benefits for us if he joins.

But will Wenger pay the money? Does Rooney wants to join Arsenal? His pay and how will the rest of the squad react to paying such high wages to a "new" player? Why will Rooney pick Arsenal over Chelsea? And most importantly, will Utd sell?

Atm it looks like they are ready to let him rot and make a lose rather then sell and strengthen a rival. Moyes really wants to win that EPL title.

baccy_man

Established Member
Not sure that there is any truth behind this story as Eto'o is around 5 years older than Rooney,
But if Mourinho is ready to switch targets there might be a chance for us to step in.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332774/Chelsea-ready-to-switch-from-Wayne-Rooney-to-Samuel-Eto-o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... muel-Eto-o</a>

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't see them letting him rot, the backlash from the papers in a World Cup year would be to severe. They'll sell to whoever they see as the least threatening.

It's been quite well played from them actually, any time from now is the perfect time to sell. Not fully fit so can't slot right in and has limited time to settle and gel with team mates.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
trunks206 said:
You forgot to add the ability to swap those clowns Cleverley and Welbeck for Wilshere and Walcott. :D

Welbeck is not a clown...

Reeson4

MrBump said:
Just go read that Gooney guy....

Rooney has already signed with us.

Guys a clown...

I wouldnt believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Hes said we have pre signed cesc for next season, and now signed rooney.
Why would we put deals in place for next season when we wont even be playing champions league football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
DanDare said:
trunks206 said:

Welbeck is not a clown...

This is just it, though..... Nobody knows wtf Welbeck's meant to be. Or Cleverly for that matter.

arshy9

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-arsenal-make-2176405#.Ug6RuFwRDPY.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfe ... PY.twitter</a>

We've inquired from Rooney it seems.

Tbh the mirror seems a bit reliable than usual these days.

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-arsenal-make-2176388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ke-2176388</a>

squallkid

Established Member
Hmmm let me try to dissect this rumor.

Papers report that Arsenal are interested in Rooney, a player which we have not even bid for.

So we focus our attention on Suarez.

Now that Suarez is looking unlikely it only makes sense to link Arsenal to Rooney who is probably the "only" world class striker that they can get this summer.

Suarez not available + Arsenal still needing a striker + Rooney wanting to leave Man Utd + A deal with Chelsea looking unlikely + guesswork = New stories about Rooney to Arsenal.

This is less likely to happen than Suarez

VAVAVOOM 14

This never had any legs, can't see it happening.

Besides, Moyes seems adamant that Rooney will be staying, they know they desperately need him, take him out and United are quite an average side + Van Persie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom