• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG8

evoh_1 said:
When exactly did rooney give a shti about playing for england? he has been terrible for years.

Poor or not, its hardly by choice. I mean he doesnt go out on the field with the intention of under-performing, maybe he wants to rectify this.

And what has been the main constant during his "terrible" England career, hes been playing for United.

What total naff specualtion aroudn this guy who has caused anelka like trouble at one of the biggest clubs in europe, hardly the sort you want to bring in on huge wages and fee as a club like arsenal that doesn't naturally do those things.

Trouble or not, they can is a top footballer, he posts the kind of numbers each year that we are looking for in a striker. We are all aware this isnt our usual type of signing, but if reports are to be believed this wont be a usual summer for the club.

Glovegun

Established Member
Let's be honest, he's still a class act and he'd walk into our team. I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever we're playing United and he gets on the ball, I **** myself.

Wenger is definitely an admirer of Rooney the player, but I doubt he's an admirer of Rooney the man. Plus there's his wages.

I think he'll join Beckham at PSG for a nice big fee, and will end up back at Goodison in 2/3 years.

burnsjed

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article146210.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/image-2-for-stars-mirror-each-other-on-the-beach-gallery-24047754.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is not the sort of physique that is going have a player playing top level football into his 30s, do you think even if Arsène could afford he fee and wages that he would bother?

(rooney is the sloth in the middle by the way)

You sure that's not him on the right!!! :lol:

ASAP Berg

Established Member
To be truly honest, Rooney has alot of the qualities needed to play as a ST in our system.

Not much pace, but power, finishing and a great touch. He can also drop deep and play some pretty good passes. Him next to Walcott and Podolski is a pretty good balance. If his damn wages were not so big he would be a good signing, he needs to be the main man and he gets alot of confidence from it.

I think for 20m he would be a pretty great signing. Wages are a big problem though, and United in contrast to us would not sell to a rival with PSG lurking.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Obviously would be a fantastic signing.
Won't happen though.
I heard he smokes regularly, which needs to be cut out at any club.

You know Koscielny supposedly smokes a lot as well.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 1m
I was told 6 weeks ago that Arsenal are interested in Rooney and Rooney is interested in Arsenal. Approx 20m. No idea about the wages.

But mentions it now... :?

jus2nang

Won't happen and do not want.

Won't happen because:

a) It'd be a step down for him
b) We would never pay his wages

Don't want because:

a) Fat, lazy, and would be worse than Arshavin.
b) Would be the reason why we wouldn't then make the necessary additions.
c) Thinks he's a lot better than he is.

future heroes

http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/response-to-twitter-media-story

Friday May 10 2013
Response in relation to the media stories surrounding Wayne’s Twitter profile:

Statement from Wayne Rooney
“There’s a load of rubbish being written about me changing twitter bio saying I have deleted Manchester United from it.
I have never deleted Manchester United from the bio whatever the papers are saying because it was never on there.
All that happened was that I was asked by Nike to add @nikeuk to it – the same as many other sportspeople they sponsor.
Funny, no-one’s written about that though!
That change was made THREE weeks ago and yet people are talking about it as if its something that was put up yesterday..”

Statement from Nike
A spokesperson for Nike confirmed: “In April, we asked Wayne Rooney and other Nike sponsored athletes to add @nikeuk on to their profiles due to changes in ASA guidelines relating to athletes and social media.”

Interesting response from Rooney. I would guess that United have prevented him from commenting on the rumoured transfer request.

It seems like Rooney is on his way out of United. Hopefully to Spain or France. I will not miss his dives against us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

future heroes said:
That change was made THREE weeks ago and yet people are talking about it as if its something that was put up yesterday..”
So it was changed three weeks ago and he told Fergie he wanted to leave two weeks ago.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
jus2nang said:
Won't happen and do not want.

Won't happen because:

a) It'd be a step down for him
b) We would never pay his wages

Don't want because:

a) Fat, lazy, and would be worse than Arshavin.
b) Would be the reason why we wouldn't then make the necessary additions.
c) Thinks he's a lot better than he is.

I'm not a big Rooney fan but this is utterly ridiculous.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
caldeltatrojan said:
Did people see this yet? <a class="postlink" href="http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919217/arsenal-sign-most-lucrative-contract-in-british-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919 ... ish-soccer</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

46M GBP a year for our new kit deal? That's where you afford these huge wages. And yes, there might be interest from other places like Madrid or PSG but as we found out with Judas, the only thing that really matters is if a player has his mind set on a particular club. If Rooney is set on Arsenal, I can see this happening. As others have said, this makes sense for a lot of reasons.

I also love how folks on the transfer forum can find fault with any link lol

would be over the moon if we brought in a player like Rooney!

You are more deluded than 80% of the X Factor contestants, and who are these "others" that form part of your deluded gang? It makes no sense at all and wont happen.

caldeltatrojan

tap-in said:
caldeltatrojan said:
Did people see this yet? <a class="postlink" href="http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919217/arsenal-sign-most-lucrative-contract-in-british-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919 ... ish-soccer</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

46M GBP a year for our new kit deal? That's where you afford these huge wages. And yes, there might be interest from other places like Madrid or PSG but as we found out with Judas, the only thing that really matters is if a player has his mind set on a particular club. If Rooney is set on Arsenal, I can see this happening. As others have said, this makes sense for a lot of reasons.

You are more deluded than 80% of the X Factor contestants, and who are these "others" that form part of your deluded gang? It makes no sense at all and wont happen.
Ok pal. Never said it was going to happen. Clearly we are looking to spend more than usual (unless the club is completely effing up the expectations game). It's a long shot, but "Makes no sense at all?" Hardly. But keep waiting for the sky to fall. Must be a fun existence.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
caldeltatrojan said:
tap-in said:
caldeltatrojan said:
Did people see this yet? <a class="postlink" href="http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919217/arsenal-sign-most-lucrative-contract-in-british-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919 ... ish-soccer</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok pal. Never said it was going to happen. Clearly we are looking to spend more than usual (unless the club is completely effing up the expectations game). It's a long shot, but "Makes no sense at all?" Hardly. But keep waiting for the sky to fall. Must be a fun existence.

Yes I agree we are looking to spend more, we need to, we have the funds, and I'm sure we will break our transfer record, but Rooney to Arsenal is not going to happen and I dont understand why fans like you even think it might. For a start if he leaves Utd there will be several cash rich clubs stupid enough to pay up, we are not one of those clubs, thank God!

future heroes

THunter said:
So it was changed three weeks ago and he told Fergie he wanted to leave two weeks ago.
Well, the former is now confirmed by Rooney himself and the latter is what all the media is reporting.

I could be wrong, but I find it interesting that Rooney clarifies the status of his twitter account but says nothing about the transfer rumour. It seems a little bit odd to only speak about the minor issue while being silent on the big question (he neither confirms nor denies the transfer rumour), unless he is forbidden by the club to comment the transfer rumour.

silent_shadow

Established Member
daily-star-sunday-claims-arsenal-plan-25-million-bid-for-wayne-rooney.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom