Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Emmanueleboue2, Dec 19, 2017.

?

How do you rate the January window?

1. 5/10 or less (fail)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 6/10

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. 7/10

17 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. 8/10

39 vote(s)
    49.4%
  5. 9/10

14 vote(s)
    17.7%
  6. 10/10

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logic DC

logic DC Well-Known Member

I can see us getting Max Meyer, it's so weird because he is so talented maybe the most talented player in his age group from his country yet clubs ain't making a lot of noise regarding him.

kraphtous likes this.
  2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Ornstein says Arsène still has the absolute final say on transfers, but the club is putting together a support network for him like when David Dein was at the club. They're also laying the groundwork to challenge for the league and Champions League from 2019 and beyond, as well as to set things up for the next manager after Arsène calls it quits (whether that's this summer, in 2019 or if things go spectacularly well and he decides to sign a new deal).

Just a small tidbit: last summer they were willing to let Elneny leave, but now they're looking at giving him a new contract.

3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Ornstein said he didn't like the memes about him on Twitter :(

4. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

We need our young guns to step up to keep the HG rule intact.

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I have the confidence they will. We just need to support them as a fan base and not be so critical. Need to keep remembering that they’re still young and developing. I think Iwobi is a good example of that. I honestly believe a lot of gooners are going to be surprised by him at the World Cup. Expecting big things.

6. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Feels like we've gone back four years, to when we signed Özil and Alexis in consecutive summers. We ****ed up last time and didn't press on, will it be the same again?

7. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Horn is a Gunners supporter himself so hopefully we are interested in him. Otherwise what is Oblak like?

8. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

I havent seen him tbh im sure others @Rex Banner could chip in

9. Aussie_gunner123

Have a look at him on youtube, sofifa if you want to see his stats. Only 24 & a good German keeper. He wouldnt be a bad purchase at all. Plays for Koln & has a good release clause.

10. al-Ustaadh

Trustworthy source?

11. Slartibartfast

Ornstein and I have that in common. :p

12. Slartibartfast

Olley wrote about it yesterday. They probably got it from there.

13. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

I hope we will, he has completely transformed his game from an attacking midfielder to a DLP, it makes complete sense considering we need to sign so much more so a free top talent is always welcome.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  14. Slartibartfast

Oblak is a spectacular shot stopper. One of the best. Not a very good ball distributor though.

15. Aussie_gunner123

Fair enough, no worries mate, I saw him on FIFA stats, pretty decent only 24 aswell so he'd be a decent long term purchase. Same time I was only asking our chances of Horn if people had heard of him.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Feels like the early 2000’s again. Signing what we want and need instead of having to go cheap and see what is available.

Hopefully a top GK is a target. There are people at Arsenal now who are able to give Wenger key input and help, he’s not had that for years.

17. Slartibartfast

There was talk about Sven being interested in bringing Horn to Arsenal awhile back. Apparently he has a very low release clause if Koln get relegated. Not having a very good year right now, but that's probably down to the defense in front of him sucking. Another young guy who can grow into it.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  18. al-Ustaadh

19. al-Ustaadh

[​IMG]
    "Don't worry, mate."

Camron likes this.
  20. logic DC

logic DC Well-Known Member

don't worry there's no chance of him joining anyone of those teams lol tbh I don't see joining us either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.