• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
as long we have the money we can afford to do all these deals and i'm really confident we will do it, if not then it will be really long road for us to get back to top 4 or even rebuild.

It feels like a question of perception just as much as reality. Not only does losing your best player hurt you in reality on the pitch, but it effects how people perceive you and eventually how you perceive yourselves. If that player isn't replaced by something, even if it's for just a short period of time, then the danger is that that perception will set in and it will be very difficult to shake off.

That's why I think someone like Aubameyang is so important to get in right now; to shake off that perception and prevent it from creeping in.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It feels like a question of perception just as much as reality. Not only does losing your best player hurt you in reality on the pitch, but it effects how people perceive you and eventually how you perceive yourselves. If that player isn't replaced by something, even if it's for just a short period of time, then the danger is that that perception will set in and it will be very difficult to shake off.

That's why I think someone like Aubameyang is so important to get in right now; to shake off that perception and prevent it from creeping in.

On a more alarmist note, it's imperative to not succumb to complacency in thinking that a blip is just temporary and that one's place in the elite is assured. Milan are a very instructive example of that right now. However badly you think we're doing, at least we're not 11th in the table after expecting to get back into the CL.

Milan will never lose their history and their allure, and neither will we (though we have much less of those two things than Milan do), but they're finding out that once you let mediocrity creep in it's a very difficult thing to get rid of.

HBL

Established Member
Not going to lie I couldn't care less about missing out on Malcom. There are plenty of other options available if we chose to go after a winger in the summer.

If it means Özil and Jack sign new contracts, I’m really not that bothered at all.

M

MalcomMadness

I'd rather us sign Aubameyang now and then go for Lemar in the summer if I'm honest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if 60M Auba make us gave up buying Malcom then i will be really disappointed we should sometimes take a risk and spend more.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is all starting to feel very familiar now
it's becoming clear only Auba and Mkhi will our only signings this window. and i would be happy about it i was preparing for losing Alexis and replace him with nobody.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Malcom deal certainly went very quiet when the United offer for Alexis materialised.

Personally would have preferred taking the risk on the kid rather than Micky but hard to get worked up when no idea of formation yet... For all we know could be narrow with two strikers, Micky & Özil.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He's nothing special tbh, proper Joel Campbell vibes.

Also Malcom isn’t the sort of name that would make Özil think about staying, the other two are. Granted we could sign all three but we also need a DM, a centre back and a goalkeeper.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Pff nae bother, just bring Bailey in during the summer.

----------------DM
------- Mkhitaryan --- Özil
Bailey --- Lacazette --- Aubameyang

I mean the DM would have to be Gattuso 2.0, but it'd be class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom