• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalcomMadness

I feel like I'll be in line to take over from @THunter when he retires.

Witty, dramaqueen and I live in a caravan.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I just don't get it why we're not after Leon Baley instead of Malcom as he turned out to be too complicated.

Probably even the bigger player and definetely available for a similar price.
Just gutted, now that we finally have someone of quality within the scouting network and we don't even try for the biggest talent in his former league, although we're still in dire need of a direct, light feet winger. :(

M

MalcomMadness

Just from YouTube videos (which usually make a player look great) I don't see him as a 50m player at all. He looks similar to Lemar, Lemar looks better with more finesse to his play as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just from YouTube videos (which usually make a player look great) I don't see him as a 50m player at all. He looks similar to Lemar, Lemar looks better with more finesse to his play as well.
Teams over value thier best players these days. few years ago Malcom could cost 15M or 20M Maximum these days because how crazy the market is he could cost 50M euros. when you see players like Auba who is world class player could cost 60M euros and Malcom who is just young talent could cost 50M euros that's mean the market is so f**ked.

Linson

Pff nae bother, just bring Bailey in during the summer.

----------------DM
------- Mkhitaryan --- Özil
Bailey --- Lacazette --- Aubameyang

I mean the DM would have to be Gattuso 2.0, but it'd be class.
No offence buddy but that would fall apart. No balance.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mostly don't like the last sentence - would be absolutely gutted, if he turns into a Tottenham player

Why? As much as I would love Malcolm to come here, he is still very raw and lacks the physical presence that you really need to make it as a top winger in England.

To be a top winger, you need to be able to ride multiple challenges. You do that by having dribbling like Hazard or physical stature like Zaha, or having excellent pace like Salah. I don't think Malcolm particularly excels at any of those things. He is a mixture of all, but a lower level. I'd rather have someone like Bailey who has extreme pace and strength to ride multiple challenges.

There is also the flipside of spending £45 million on Malcolm. You can spend £60 million on Fekir and get a player who can still improve and who is already putting up ridiculous numbers. Not to mention that Malcolm may not actually ever reach Fekir's level. There is also Lemar to consider.

£60 million on Fekir or £75 million on Lemar is a better deal than spending £45 million on Malcolm. There is talk of Malcolm somehow turning into a £100 million player. I don't think Jesus is anywhere near that yet. Coutinho took years to do it. Fekir is easily the closest in reaching the next level and is still at a good age .

----------------------------Auba/Lacazette
----Mhiki------------------Özil------------------Fekir

I am sorry but that is absolutely terrifying.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Why? As much as I would love Malcolm to come here, he is still very raw and lacks the physical presence that you really need to make it as a top winger in England.

To be a top winger, you need to be able to ride multiple challenges. You do that by having dribbling like Hazard or physical stature like Zaha, or having excellent pace like Salah. I don't think Malcolm particularly excels at any of those things. He is a mixture of all, but a lower level. I'd rather have someone like Bailey who has extreme pace and strength to ride multiple challenges.

There is also the flipside of spending £45 million on Malcolm. You can spend £60 million on Fekir and get a player who can still improve and who is already putting up ridiculous numbers. Not to mention that Malcolm may not actually ever reach Fekir's level. There is also Lemar to consider.

£60 million on Fekir or £75 million on Lemar is a better deal than spending £45 million on Malcolm. There is talk of Malcolm somehow turning into a £100 million player. I don't think Jesus is anywhere near that yet. Coutinho took years to do it. Fekir is easily the closest in reaching the next level and is still at a good age .

Was thinking this last night. Would be awesome to add Fekir to this. More so than Malcom, Lemar, or Bailey in my opinion.

Linson

Bailey looks the real deal. Could easily be the next Coutinho. Get him for £60m then sell him 5 years later for £150m.

Also, I see Fekir as a replacement for Özil as he seems more of a CAM with good distribution. I didn't realise he was a winger?

Haha i'm well aware, don't worry.
Thank you, I'll no longer be worried!

benjamin86

Established Member
Bailey looks the real deal. Could easily be the next Coutinho. Get him for £60m then sell him 5 years later for £150m.

Also, I see Fekir as a replacement for Özil as he seems more of a CAM with good distribution. I didn't realise he was a winger?

Thank you, I'll no longer be worried!
You're right he's a CAM not a winger.

al-Ustaadh

But Fekir is quick enough to play on the wing, especially with his dribbling ability. He has a lot of goals and assists where he comes into the box from the side.

al-Ustaadh

The more I watch clips of and read about Lemar, Malcom, Fekir, and Bailey, the more Bailey sticks out. Hopefully Mislintat pushes for him the most.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The only worry with Bailey is that he and his agent (who is his stepfather) are apparently kind of pricks. There is this whole thing going on where they are refusing to represent Jamaica even though it's the only country he can play for... I don't know much about the drama though. His talent, you can not question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom