• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Very doubtful that clubs will sell their main players in January. We would need to overpay massively and I'm sure we won't.

Depends on the club/player imo. I think you could get Mahrez or Draxler. For someone like Lemar you’d probably have to wait until the summer.

Toast

Established Member
on whether there will be any potential incomings or outgoings…
‘When’ is very difficult to say, because we are out there and look to do some things, but when we will do is very difficult to say because it is not only on us.

on what positions he has in mind…
We are open in any position for the exceptional player who can give us a plus. Of course it depends a little bit on the injuries as well and on the other hand I must say it depends on who will manage to extend the contracts of the players who are at the end of their contracts in June. It will depend on that as well because we will have to take the consequences of these decisions and respond to it.

pikey2000

‘When’ is very difficult to say, because we are out there and look to do some things, but when we will do is very difficult to say because it is not only on us.

We are open in any position for the exceptional player who can give us a plus. Of course it depends a little bit on the injuries as well and on the other hand I must say it depends on who will manage to extend the contracts of the players who are at the end of their contracts in June. It will depend on that as well because we will have to take the consequences of these decisions and respond to it.

stop bloody responding to the situations and be proactive, gets some bloody players in and live with the wage bill and then if by some miracle Sanchez and Özil sign back on we can deal with that situation when that time comes!

Way to reactive, need some forward planning or we going to reach the end of the season needing two wingers/AM's, once CM, at least one CB and potentially a GK which will NEVER happen.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Reactive Arsenal at it again. You just know come the summer we’ll be replacing players instead of strengthening. We already need a winger on top of our current options. Once Walcott and Alexis go we’ll need three.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if this is the right thread, but FourFourTwo suggest Rob Holding would be a good signing for Huddersfield. I'd certainly consider loaning him there for a season or two, provided we can bring in a CB we're confident to play.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would love us to try for Philipp Max from Augsburg who already stands at 9 assists. Best LB out there right now, not too expensive and wants to play in the PL.

Could give Koa the chance to play higher up front, as I can see him making a similar transition like Bale, or even in the middle (might sound weird for some people but I think he would make an excellent defensive midfielder !).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would much prefer a January window like 05/06 (I think it was) rather than go all in on a Lemar.

Sure Adebayor, Diaby, Theo & Vela all had different issues resulting in failure but that was a **** load of talent added to the squad.

Would be arrogant from the management to think one player solves our issues.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Mahrez is actually available for 40-50M it's a no brainer...which means Arsenal won't do it :lol:

As an aside, the transfer fee we received for Oxlade-Chamberlain is almost certainly to be pure profit as his book value would have been close to 0 when we sold him to Liverpool - this means that whatever profit we made on that sale (let's say 30M), will be added to the amount we can increase our wages by for the PL STCC (short term cost control) measures. Meaning we can easily give Özil what he wants while adding significant wages on any player purchases.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
alongside lefty cb, I think we might be in for a cm/am guy, might also be a lefty, ala jantko, demirbay.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lets face it, we ain't gunna do **** this window, watch the transfers go by and let players that would improve us go to rivals.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Something about Lemar worries me, I'm not getting a 50M player let alone a 90M one from what I've seen of him which is admittedly not as much as I'd like.

I can't see how he's better than Mahrez at all, for me dream scenario would be to bin off Alexis and bring in Zaha and Mahrez. Unlikely I know though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Something about Lemar worries me, I'm not getting a 50M player let alone a 90M one from what I've seen of him which is admittedly not as much as I'd like.

I can't see how he's better than Mahrez at all, for me dream scenario would be to bin off Alexis and bring in Zaha and Mahrez. Unlikely I know though.

At the end of last season I thought he was a great player and worth about 40-45m, I still think the same. It's just valuations have lost all attachment to reality.

Mudi

Would much prefer Fekir, back linking up with Lacazette. And while we are shopping from Lyon, we should def. buy Houssem Aouar as well.
https://statsbomb.com/2017/12/identifying-ligue-1s-next-breakout-talent-houssem-aouar/

Tom349

Lets face it, we ain't gunna do **** this window, watch the transfers go by and let players that would improve us go to rivals.

I agree that this for the most part will be the case, but at the same time we did only just (no more than a month ago) recruit a new talent scout and it would be wiser for us to have him to set up his network and not rush so that come the end of the season we can the get the right targets. Rather than potentially wasting our funds and panic buying, the exception being if Alexis and Theo do go then we need at least one replacement for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom