• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred CB pairing?

Which two CBs would you prefer partnered up in defence? (2 votes)

• Total voters

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Sokratis and Luiz is technically our best pairing, even though it’s awful. Shows how bad our defence is. Holding was 3rd or 4th choice last season and he played in a back 3, being massively overhyped by some on here.

He wasn't 3rd/4th choice last season. He came into the side and made the spot his own. I'm pretty certain Sokratis was even left out of the team at points during that run...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No Holding isn’t being overhyped, he was literally our best defender before getting injured.

Sokratis and Luiz are nothing but stop gap players, really wouldn’t want to build a defence around them.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Please no more Bundesliga players they're all bums.

_98788151_gettyimages-871208198.jpg

Wengysaurus

Chambers looked calm and composed in defence in the first couple of games this season. In my book if you perform well you should stay in the team until otherwise.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely (genuinely) don’t remember this Holding form from last season? We were terrible defensively the entire season. Can someone rejog my memory?

This cb group isn’t the easiest to pick from. Feel like emery will just go with who’s less **** when everyone’s fit.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I genuinely (genuinely) don’t remember this Holding form from last season? We were terrible defensively the entire season. Can someone rejog my memory?

This cb group isn’t the easiest to pick from. Feel like emery will just go with who’s less **** when everyone’s fit.
Holding was alright in the 3 CBs formations, but he's bang average when he's one of 2 CBs, he's slow and not very good in 1-on-1 situations.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Holding was alright in the 3 CBs formations, but he's bang average when he's one of 2 CBs, he's slow and not very good in 1-on-1 situations.
I’m very worried about what people’s memories are telling them about Holding. Don’t blame him if he’s not as good as you ‘remember’

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Chambers looked calm and composed in defence in the first couple of games this season. In my book if you perform well you should stay in the team until otherwise.

I don't get why he just got dropped and banished, seems like a much more solid player than Sokratis or Luiz.

say yes

forum master baiter
Can a mod correct the thread title? It’s pairing, not paring.

Also the poll would work better in the style of the multiple choice preferred midfield thread.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

He had a good run during the time we went 20 or so games unbeaten

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Need a dominant CB to make this easier.

Ball playing: Luiz and Holding/Chambers

Balance: Luiz/Sokratis and Holding

Ruggedness: Sokratis and Luiz

Experience: Sokratis and Luiz

Pace: Sokratiz and Luiz

Looks like it's Sok and Luiz, with Luiz definitely being a starter. Hopefully Holding is as good as everyone says, I personally can't remember.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Why isn't Sokratis-Luiz an option in the poll?

Might as well remove all the ones containing Mustafi, he isn't wanted by anyone at the club either and won't play anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom