• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When Did You Fall In Love With Arsenal?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Man, I started to support Arsenal 2006. At the start of the fall basically. Really would appreciate us wining these games and giving me the rewards i deserve for 10 years of top4 trophies and 6 years of getting worse each year.

Please don't falter, break the spring collapse curse!

Dodero

Man, I started to support Arsenal 2006. At the start of the fall basically. Really would appreciate us wining these games and giving me the rewards i deserve for 10 years of top4 trophies and 6 years of getting worse each year.

Here since 2010! I started to like football because of Arsenal and PES. Even though, those were the times when Bayern used to kill us in the Champions league.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Pretty close. I started in 2007
Here since 2010! I started to like football because of Arsenal and PES. Even though, those were the times when Bayern used to kill us in the Champions league.

I started supporting the club well in time for our Invincible season, so at least you can be happy for me lads 🤙

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Pretty close. I started in 2007
Real old-timers I see... Was either 2012 or 2013 for me. Came on gradually. Like losing hair... 😭

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
93 for me.

Part of the reason I really want Arsenal to win the PL is so younger / more recent Arsenal fans get to experience what it's like to see Arsenal win the title. It's awesome. FA Cup is great and all but it's really not comparable.

Feels weird to me that some Arsenal fans never saw the real glory days of Wenger's reign but I guess it was quite a long time ago now. So much more fun as a fan than what we've had to endure the past decade or so.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
93 for me.

Part of the reason I really want Arsenal to win the PL is so younger / more recent Arsenal fans get to experience what it's like to see Arsenal win the title. It's awesome. FA Cup is great and all but it's really not comparable.

Feels weird to me that some Arsenal fans never saw the real glory days of Wenger's reign but I guess it was quite a long time ago now. So much more fun as a fan than what we've had to endure the past decade or so.

98 for me. A certain Dutchman can be held responsible… and I was just thinking exactly the same re so many fans here never having seen us win the premier league. It’s a sobering thought really. A) coz I’m old and B) it’s been a. Really. Fkn long time…

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

98 for me. A certain Dutchman can be held responsible… and I was just thinking exactly the same re so many fans here never having seen us win the premier league. It’s a sobering thought really. A) coz I’m old and B) it’s been a. Really. Fkn long time…

He's my personal GOAT even above Thierry.

I get bemused on here when fans talk about the Wengerball side being the best they've seen. I'm quite negative about that side because it was a clear downgrade on the previous era.

But then if you weren't around for the early Wenger title wins or The Invincibles then it is the best Arsenal side you've seen in fairness.

Riou

It's kinda funny in my family, as we did it backwards.

My mum hated football before I was born, don't blame her as she is married to a scummy Chelsea fan...and she started supporting Arsenal because of me, just after we moved stadiums.

So bizarrely I have seen us win the league, but my mum hasn't 😅

So I hope we win it this season for her (and every Arsenal fan who hasn't experienced a title win of course!) and my younger cousin.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Same. Obvs. Every now and again you get one of the youths on here talk about some other player as being the “best technically we’ve ever had at the club”. Nothing triggers me as much as that.

Yeah, If you've seen Bergkamp play you're not going to get too excited about Cazorla or whoever :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You finally are getting to see something closer to the great Arsenal again. Not quite at that level, but moving in that direction now.

I was lucky in that my family members supported Arsenal, so always knew about the team. Started following around 1995, and watching games non stop around 1999/2000. I've been lucky to see Arsenal being the clear best team in the world from 2000-2004, its just a shame we didnt win more in that time, because the trophies dont reflect that class IMO.

Hopefully these group of players can take us back to where we belong, and stay there.

Riou

It's the lack of European trophies especially in that Highbury Wenger era, that annoys me the most.

Should have at least one Champions League and UEFA cup from that time, plus a few European super cups possibly.

Still think as a combo of pace and skill, the football we played in the late 90s and early 00s is best this country has seen.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

93 for me.

I properly started watching football / supporting Arsenal in 2001 so my first experience was Arsenal winning the title in 01/02 and then the Invincibles - I was 16 when we won the title at OT, such an amazing experience. However, I think winning a title as a relatively young (37 yo) adult will be even better, especially after such a long time between drinks!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
You finally are getting to see something closer to the great Arsenal again. Not quite at that level, but moving in that direction now.

I was lucky in that my family members supported Arsenal, so always knew about the team. Started following around 1995, and watching games non stop around 1999/2000. I've been lucky to see Arsenal being the clear best team in the world from 2000-2004, its just a shame we didnt win more in that time, because the trophies dont reflect that class IMO.

Hopefully these group of players can take us back to where we belong, and stay there.
Yup. Agreed.

We played definition of total football.

Wengers teams actually under achieved. 3 or 4 PL titles should really have won.

UEFA cup & UCL. UCL we had 10 men for most of the game but somehow came away thinking we shoulda won. Henry missed a big chance..

I've been a Gooner man & boy since '78.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I properly started watching football / supporting Arsenal in 2001 so my first experience was Arsenal winning the title in 01/02 and then the Invincibles - I was 16 when we won the title at OT, such an amazing experience. However, I think winning a title as a relatively young (37 yo) adult will be even better, especially after such a long time between drinks!

Exactly In hindsight I think I took our 2 title wins and the Invincibles ( to a lesser extent) a bit for granted.
If someone had told me after The Invincibles that we wouldn't win another PL title for 20 odd years I would have laughed in their face.

It would have been incomprehensible to me.

Riou

IMO we should have won two more PL titles and at least a CL during that golden era from 2000-04. This isn't a knock on Wenger, just a reflection of how outrageously good our team was at the time.

We should have done our own "Three-peat" of league titles from 2002-2004, don't know how we didn't win the league in 2003.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I can't pinpoint a year because to me I've always supported Arsenal. My dad loves football and he passed along his support for Arsenal to me and my little brother and he would always encourage us to watch the games with him. I was too young to actually experience the title winning sides though, I was 6 years old when the invincibles happened. The earliest games I actually have any memory of watching was the very beginning of the Emirates era. So Arsenal winning the title would be a first for me to actually experience.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom