• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who has 'the gift'?

TopGunner81

He didn’t love the sport and lacked professionalism from a young age:

Still had a decent career but if he really tried, he could’ve been special.
Thought he was going to be a world beater. Still remember the little dink chips he used to score, made it look so easy.

For me on technique alone Özil is definitely up there. Some of the first time passes he used to play were unreal, if he’d have had a world class striker to play with he would probably be remembered here a lot differently

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Aio yeah if we going back them ways I’m gonna pop in Limpar as well. He had magic feet sometimes.

Pretty sure @DJ_Markstar made this thread to be his happy place and you guys bringing up this man fml 😆

I wanted to see sublime skill from the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and was hoping a few gems I'd forgotten about would be unearthed so we could all have a proper nostalgia fest...then I've got bros chatting **** about Sylvestre and Denilson FFS :lol:

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Henry and Bergkamp for me. Both fabulous footballers, maybe Henry JUST ahead, because of the goals that he scored. Becoming Arsenal leading goalscorer.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif
What a great player, Kanu. Don't think we saw his best version at Arsenal. His best football was when he played for the Nigerian NT.

Class player.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Henry, RvP and Bergkamp. Doesn’t need explaining. As the years go by you realise how good Henry was, supreme technique, outrageous speed etc.

Remember when Santi got dizzy against Sp**s and had to come off at HT? Mousse Dembele had my man’s head spinning.

I dare somebody to mention someone from today? I ****ing dare you?
I’ll never understand you not rating Cazorla.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'd put Bergkamp at the top of the list. His first touch, ability to dribble through defenders in tight spaces, the weight of his pass, variety of shooting techniques, it's just the complete package for a technician, and he had those idiosyncrasies to his game that sets him apart from everyone else.

Then Cazorla and Nasri. The close control, the effective dribbling moves, the two-footedness, the crosses and passes, everything you want in a technical midfielder.

After that it's the likes of Henry, Özil, Pires, Kanu, Van Persie, Rosický, Fàbregas, Hleb. Difficult to come up with a particular ranking, there's very little between all of them.

I think we were the most entertaining team in Europe for about a decade, so no shortage of superb technicians. We probably rank up there with any club in Europe in terms of the great technicians we've had over the years.

Tnegs

If Diabolical is going to get on the list then surely Pepe belongs there too. He’d beat a player before running the ball out play as easily as Diaby would. When it all came together he was capable of spectacular stuff too and he had decent end product.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not a lot to add to all the names who've already been mentioned. We where blessed under Wenger in the amount of players with supreme technical ability he brought into the club. Probably Bergkamp and Özil the two that make you go wow over the ease at which they could do things.

Brady is the one player I wish got to see live. What he could do with a ball on those terrible pitches was incredible.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bergkamp probably has to be #1 on account that he did his stuff with 90s PL mitre balls.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've scrolled down 5 pages of a thread about natural gift and seen Santiago Cazorla Gonzalez mentioned only once. How can that be?

This is one of the best individual performances I've ever seen in 25 years of watching Arsenal

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom