• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

who will be our new captain IF PV4 leaves?

A

Anonymous

cole imo would be a great captain :D hes our most constistant performer i think

patrick42uk

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
I think that Sol is the natural choice, I can't think of anyone else that would be as good.

hold on a sec, you were one of those certain vieira would stay. have you changed your stance?

being captin would take cole's game to a whole new level, but i think it would be campbell.

Alexone234

patrick42uk said:
Alexone234 said:
I think that Sol is the natural choice, I can't think of anyone else that would be as good.

hold on a sec, you were one of those certain vieira would stay. have you changed your stance?

being captin would take cole's game to a whole new level, but i think it would be campbell.

not stance changed, just wondered who could be a potential new Cap'n.

I still think that he will be at the club come Everton, but that is for another thread.

patrick42uk

Established Member
when bergie gets the armband, he does wear it with pride. remember birmingham? pointing to it when he scored. yesterday too. the game was over and he took his shirt off, and he still had the armband on his arm. only problem is he wont be a regular.

Alexone234

I think our man Sol would be a great Captain, though I can see why people like Cole. I just think he is a little young, and Sol is that much more experienced.

Alexone234

Henry IV said:
I don't think PV4 is going to leave.

me neither, but if he does, who do you think would make a good captain. the will he won;t he question is for another thread

johe

Thierry wouldn't be a bad choice either IMO, his commitment is as unquestionable as Cole's. I'm sure it would be Sol though, he plays in the right position, which is normally centrally in midfield or defence. He is also the only one who has represented England in 5 straight international tournaments, which says alot about the experience. Didn't he captain the spuds as well?

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
Henry IV said:
I don't think PV4 is going to leave.

me neither, but if he does, who do you think would make a good captain. the will he won;t he question is for another thread

So in that case I say, If Paddy is out injured or suspended this season then I think Campbell would be the best captain available. Since he'll be out for the first 6 weeks of the season then I say give it to Cole who will play most of the time. Bergy will not play all the time and thats why I think Cole might get it.

Campbell is certainly not the right choice. With our history of having great captains who show loyalty and with sol's history of what he did to the spuds and with the potential contract difficulties imminent it has to be a
Ashley Cole, you cannot possibly see him leaving and he loves the club, has been here since 14? i personally feel that the honour would turn him into an even better player than he already is.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
What did Sol do to the spuds? He left a small club in North London for one of the biggest clubs in the world at the end of his contract, what's wrong with that?

Adam

Established Member
If Thierry was made captain - i really think he would lift his influence further. He is already the biggest talker in our side.

After him - Sol, Cole, and Kolo would all do a job.

johe

thischillihasmore said:
Campbell is certainly not the right choice. With our history of having great captains who show loyalty and with sol's history of what he did to the spuds and with the potential contract difficulties imminent it has to be a
Ashley Cole, you cannot possibly see him leaving and he loves the club, has been here since 14? i personally feel that the honour would turn him into an even better player than he already is.

I think you may have a point about Sol, it may be one of the reasons he hasn't captained us in a competitive game yet. It's not as if I think he will leave us for another team (although he says he wants to finish his career in the MLS), but it could be that money is more important than club for him. I don't know the man personally, so I can't really say anything about that.

I don't think Sol would make a bad captain though, and he does seem the most likely option.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom