• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

who will be our new captain IF PV4 leaves?

Andrew

I think Henry. He really plays for the club, is loyal and inspires those around him.

Sol seems the obvious choice though and he would probably get it, although Bergy might be when he starts. Cole definitately high in the order, at least a vice captain but I think he's a little young to be a captain yet.

But again this is just speculation and there hopefully should be no reason for talk like this.

va_va_voom

Maybe, but unlike the other 3 I'm not as convinced he's in Arsène's long term plans. This is a big season for Freddie.

Stim

Kolo Toure should be captain but i think Wenger will think its too early for him. I think he's ready. I think Titi should be second choice.

JazzG

Established Member
Against Newcastle at Highbury Henry showed he can be a captain, he was running around like a man possessed in that match and made sure we left with 3 points. Like Patrick said maybe giving this armband will stop him having those mood swings!

It is out of Cole, Sol and Henry. Sol for me doesn't do enough talking but Cole and Henry could do it. As he is an Arsenal lad I would lean towards Ashley Cole. Kolo also is a candidate as he has shown great leadership qualities at times, if he had played for us a little longer he would probably be my choice.

Adam

Established Member
Going along with what Jazz said...

Thierry is the best talker on the pitch for Arsenal now, and is very much a man of leadership and role (as we have seen mostly last season through negative expression towards other players - i believe captaincy would flip it around into encouragement and more positive vibes from him). Making him captain would also raise his performance as he likes to have spurts of anger and passionate running to show his commitment (he would do this even more consistent when captain), but hopefully we will not have to do so. Kolo Toure is also another one for consideration in the future. I think it should be a spinal player basically.

Taozhe

Since Henry has been very vocal and also one of our spinal players; yes! We can consider him for the job. He has many good years ahead and has always put the fans in his mind whenever a transfer rumour surfaces.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom