• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

Gautam_bhatia

I do think that Wenger will opt for this one:

------------------- Almunia -----------------

Sagna --- Gallas --- Phil --- Clichy

Cesc --- Bert --- Flattuso --- Hleb

----------Bendtner ---- Ade ----------

Van Persie to come off the bench and score our fourth goal.

Rohit

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I'll go with Arsmile's lineup, I don't want to see Fabregas on the right. Denilson can do a better job there.

Good thing about our injuries is that Wenger cannot possibly play 4-5-1.

Wenger spoke of the understanding Cesc and Flamini have developed in the center of midfield after Milan. I fully expect him to break that pairing and put Cesc on the right and Gilberto in the center. :wink:

I don't want to see Cesc anywhere other than the center of the pitch even if that means Lehmann starting on the right. I agree about Asmile's lineup.

Also, i don't want to see Van Persie anywhere near that dreadful pitch. All the caution that Wenger has exercised would be a waste.

Lukazan

Established Member
Ooh to be a gooner said:
Lukazan said:
I'm still very much for Clichy on the left wing.

Never destabilise your back four. Why would you replace a fantastic LB and place him on the wing where he would be decent at best, with the questionable Traore. If anything put Traore as the winger.
It reminds me a bit of what Benitez does with SG when he puts him out on the wing.

fabregas said:
Lukazan said:
I'm still very much for Clichy on the left wing.

Traore for left back? I doubt that. Or Gallas? If Gallas, who would play in the centre?

I'm very much for Arsmile's line-up with Denilson in the wings, it would be a better try than Diaby in the wings.

Whoa whoa WHOA. Who said anything about Traore? I don't rate that boy at all. As I said in the injury thread, Clichy on the left with Hoyte at left back. He played there for Sunderland, and although it's not his strongest side he'll get all the protection he needs from Clichy, not to mention Wigan's wide players are average.
Gurgen said:
I'll go with Arsmile's lineup, I don't want to see Fabregas on the right. Denilson can do a better job there.

Good thing about our injuries is that Wenger cannot possibly play 4-5-1.

Bet you he still finds a way ;) :lol: He'll start RVP left wing!

fabregas

Lukazan said:
Whoa whoa WHOA. Who said anything about Traore? I don't rate that boy at all. As I said in the injury thread, Clichy on the left with Hoyte at left back. He played there for Sunderland, and although it's not his strongest side he'll get all the protection he needs from Clichy, not to mention Wigan's wide players are average.

My bad :). With Hoyte I do feel a little bit more secure however, breaking the back four right now shouldn't be advised.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
USArsenal said:
even my wife commented on their pitch when she watched them play against Chelsea a few weeks ago, wondering why there was a big bare patch down the entire length of it.. i mean, how hard is it really to maintain a decent pitch?
It caught on fire, no?

Wigan are pretty decent at home and will be fighting like cornered rats. But, anything less than three points will, quite frankly, be a disaster, even with all of our injuries. My selection skills have been woeful lately, so whatever was said above will do.

Lancelot

Established Member
With that sort of pitch in mind, I think we should just forget who we are for the day and start bombarding the ball up front to the two Eiffel towers like the Crazy Gang.

Kain

Established Member
If Ade & Bendtner boith play then that does slightly help nulify the 'terrible pitch' problem. After us they have Bolton and Blackburn so hopefully they will role over for us and put 100% in games they have a chance of picking up points but knowing Bruce is no doubt in Ferg's pocket....

I think we'll win quite convincingly no way can i see Wenger going on a 3 game no win spree he'll be putting just as much effort into getting a result from this game as AC.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think we will do the business.... 3-1 would be my prediction since we will give up a fluke goal thanks to the sh*t pitch

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsmile's line-up is good, and because of the state of the pitch, we'll probably have to be more direct. Sagna and Clichy are the key to this match IMO, their service to the front two of Ade and Nik will be crucial.

Dennis10

USArsenal said:
Feanor said:
sashakal said:
Discuss. (This is probably the worst match thread ever)

Yes it is, and I hate people who finish their posts with "Discuss". The polite way to do it is to pose a question like "What do you guys think?" or "Is everyone else as excited as I am?". Discuss is how the wankers on Spud sites finish all their posts, we're better than that! I'm hoping one the mods will fix pretty this up soon.

Sorry sashakal, didn't mean to put you down (maybe a little) but we do have standards here at arsenal mania.

seriously?

Yeah, seriously? Graphics and a lot of pre work is nice, but a match thread had to be posted eventually.

RC8

Established Member
I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Nope, he's serving the 3rd and final match of his suspension.

Original_AAA

RC8 said:
I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

You better to do that, don't forget that we know your location is "Somewhere, somehow." :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this game. Let's win it and put some pressure on the **** from Manchester!

Rahul, Eboue is not ready. To bad as we really could have needed him

stuart

Established Member
American_Gooner said:

Really? I thought he was back??
Who the hell is gonna play on the wings? We could maybe go with 3 up front...no, wait :roll:
Frikkin injuries. Hope Wenger realises what a boo boo he made playing Theo in that Friendly

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
stuart said:
American_Gooner said:

Really? I thought he was back??
Who the hell is gonna play on the wings? We could maybe go with 3 up front...no, wait :roll:
Frikkin injuries. Hope Wenger realises what a boo boo he made playing Theo in that Friendly
I assume that Denilson and Hleb will man the wings, although it wouldn't shock me if Wenger opted for Cesc wide right and Gilberto came into the center.

xcdude24

Established Member
We can't play 4-5-1 away to Wigan, but I wouldn't put it past Wenger to do it anyways. However i'm pretty confident we'll see a 4-4-2:

-----------------------Almunia---------------------------
-----Sagna-----Toure-----Gallas---Clichy---------
-----Hleb----Fabregas---Flamster--Denilson--
-----------------Ade-------------Bendtner-------------

Hopefully Nik and Ade get along.

bertlb2

How bad is the JJB compared to last year Sheffield United's? That one was pretty bad too. And it was raining.

scruzgooner

i am seriously hoping we bring in barazite to play in front of clichy. he looked the stuff in his short stint of the cc, and, well, we're playing wigan. so, bring him on the left, then have hleb on the right, and nik and ade up front. the rest of the setup the same.

van persie to score after coming on for nik in minute 60.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom