<

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Juicy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Gautam_bhatia

Gautam_bhatia New Member

I do think that Wenger will opt for this one:

------------------- Almunia -----------------

Sagna --- Gallas --- Phil --- Clichy

Cesc --- Bert --- Flattuso --- Hleb

----------Bendtner ---- Ade ----------

Van Persie to come off the bench and score our fourth goal.

2. Rohit

Rohit New Member Elite

Wenger spoke of the understanding Cesc and Flamini have developed in the center of midfield after Milan. I fully expect him to break that pairing and put Cesc on the right and Gilberto in the center. :wink:

I don't want to see Cesc anywhere other than the center of the pitch even if that means Lehmann starting on the right. I agree about Asmile's lineup.

Also, i don't want to see Van Persie anywhere near that dreadful pitch. All the caution that Wenger has exercised would be a waste.

3. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

Whoa whoa WHOA. Who said anything about Traore? I don't rate that boy at all. As I said in the injury thread, Clichy on the left with Hoyte at left back. He played there for Sunderland, and although it's not his strongest side he'll get all the protection he needs from Clichy, not to mention Wigan's wide players are average.
    Bet you he still finds a way ;) :lol: He'll start RVP left wing!

4. fabregas

fabregas New Member

My bad :). With Hoyte I do feel a little bit more secure however, breaking the back four right now shouldn't be advised.

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

It caught on fire, no?

Wigan are pretty decent at home and will be fighting like cornered rats. But, anything less than three points will, quite frankly, be a disaster, even with all of our injuries. My selection skills have been woeful lately, so whatever was said above will do.

6. Lancelot

Lancelot Well-Known Member Trusted

With that sort of pitch in mind, I think we should just forget who we are for the day and start bombarding the ball up front to the two Eiffel towers like the Crazy Gang.

7. Kain

Kain New Member

If Ade & Bendtner boith play then that does slightly help nulify the 'terrible pitch' problem. After us they have Bolton and Blackburn so hopefully they will role over for us and put 100% in games they have a chance of picking up points but knowing Bruce is no doubt in Ferg's pocket....

I think we'll win quite convincingly no way can i see Wenger going on a 3 game no win spree he'll be putting just as much effort into getting a result from this game as AC.

8. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

i think we will do the business.... 3-1 would be my prediction since we will give up a fluke goal thanks to the sh*t pitch

9. Shadow Moses

Shadow Moses Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Clichy leftback and Traore left wing.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Arsmile's line-up is good, and because of the state of the pitch, we'll probably have to be more direct. Sagna and Clichy are the key to this match IMO, their service to the front two of Ade and Nik will be crucial.

11. Dennis10

Dennis10 Member

Yeah, seriously? Graphics and a lot of pre work is nice, but a match thread had to be posted eventually.

12. RC8

RC8 New Member Elite

I logged in to make the match thread but it seems it's been taken care of (sort of). Why build a house if you can live under a bridge, eh? ;)

I've been quite busy, I'll start next week's game on time, I promise.

13. Rahul

Rahul New Member

Isnt...Eboue back yet?

14. American_Gooner

Nope, he's serving the 3rd and final match of his suspension.

15. Original_AAA

Original_AAA Active Member

You better to do that, don't forget that we know your location is "Somewhere, somehow." :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this game. Let's win it and put some pressure on the scum from Manchester!

Rahul, Eboue is not ready. To bad as we really could have needed him

16. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

Really? I thought he was back??
    Who the hell is gonna play on the wings? We could maybe go with 3 up front...no, wait :roll:
    Frikkin injuries. Hope Wenger realises what a boo boo he made playing Theo in that Friendly

17. American_Gooner

I assume that Denilson and Hleb will man the wings, although it wouldn't shock me if Wenger opted for Cesc wide right and Gilberto came into the center.

18. xcdude24

xcdude24 New Member Trusted

We can't play 4-5-1 away to Wigan, but I wouldn't put it past Wenger to do it anyways. However i'm pretty confident we'll see a 4-4-2:

-----------------------Almunia---------------------------
    -----Sagna-----Toure-----Gallas---Clichy---------
    -----Hleb----Fabregas---Flamster--Denilson--
    -----------------Ade-------------Bendtner-------------

Hopefully Nik and Ade get along.

19. bertlb2

bertlb2 New Member

How bad is the JJB compared to last year Sheffield United's? That one was pretty bad too. And it was raining.

20. scruzgooner

scruzgooner New Member

i am seriously hoping we bring in barazite to play in front of clichy. he looked the stuff in his short stint of the cc, and, well, we're playing wigan. so, bring him on the left, then have hleb on the right, and nik and ade up front. the rest of the setup the same.

van persie to score after coming on for nik in minute 60.