• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Bony

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
BobP said:
Bony is horrific when Swansea are building play, absolutely horrific, never seen a successful move go through him, it's always ruined. Would be excellent for a club like West Ham though.

In that case no way will Wenger sign him unless he's free, which he won't be. Giroud and even Chamakh at least linked up well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
BobP said:
Bony is horrific when Swansea are building play, absolutely horrific, never seen a successful move go through him, it's always ruined. Would be excellent for a club like West Ham though.

.. What? He started out completely out of sync with the team but since he found form he's been great.

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MagnificentTimelyFairybluebird.gif

Not sure how that's horrific. Now you've seem successful moves go through him at least :lol:

He hasn't done enough to match the asking price though, even if they bought him for around £12m. Could be a purple patch for all we know.

Wouterus

CurryFlavoured said:
@Wouterus

Not that they're identical but I just feel like he doesn't address the problems we've had with Giroud. One of the main threats in his game is in the air and although he has more pace than Giroud he isn't a guy who's going to be making runs in behind frequently. Same story with Mandzukic, I'm not saying all big men are the same kind of player but these guys won't solve the problems we've had with Giroud the last 2 seasons.
Fair enough, although the lack of runners could be solved by the return of Walcott and signing a pacy LW as well, as there seem to be more top class wide forwards available than strikers. Bony would solve one problem I have with Giroud though, which is the fact that he isn't clinical enough and never looks dangerous against other top teams.

Mandzukic is a no for me as well, and the Africa Cup Of Nations is a definite drawback of signing Bony.

BobP

Memri Fan
Dokaka said:
BobP said:

.. What? He started out completely out of sync with the team but since he found form he's been great.

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MagnificentTimelyFairybluebird.gif

Not sure how that's horrific. Now you've seem successful moves go through him at least :lol:

He hasn't done enough to match the asking price though, even if they bought him for around £12m. Could be a purple patch for all we know.

How do those vines show a successful move going through Bony? all I see is a ball being sent up to him and him getting past a defender with a nice trick. I'm talking about holding up the ball and being able to contribute in general to team play and not just standing up front detached from the build up, Giroud does that to an extent however I'm yet to see that from Bony at Swansea so far.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Steamfried Bony, Batterfried Bony, Deepfried Bony, Stirfried Bony.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Creamed Bony, Raw Bony, Poached Bony, Peppered Bony.

Smoked Bony.

Am I doing it right?

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
No way - apparently his buy out clause is 25 million?

Not interested - not the calibre, nor the type of striker we need.

Would much prefer Remy and that's not saying much; plus, Bony will miss a large chunk of the season when he departs for the AFCON.

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Anzac said:
TBH I'd be looking to sign both.
Remy used as a utility forward whilst Bony would be an upgrade on Giroud whilst still retaining the current style and roles.
I'd then add an attacking AM type to replace Cazorla as a Di Maria/Draxler/Firmino type who can take defenders on with the ball and score.

If you buy 2 decemt but not outstanding strikers you lose your chance to get 1 in the future. Remy and Balotelli would make much more sense. Remy can play up front or wide right. Balotelli is a risk that could be world class or get lazy but if he doesn't perform you bench him for Giroud or Remy.

Agreed - hence why I said in the initial post that I'd consider bony as an alternative to Mandzukic IF we weren't 'in' for Balotelli.

Anzac

Established Member
Suave Gooner89 said:
No way - apparently his buy out clause is 25 million?

Not interested - not the calibre, nor the type of striker we need.

Would much prefer Remy and that's not saying much; plus, Bony will miss a large chunk of the season when he departs for the AFCON.

The article in the link I posted says that the release clause is 19m.

As for the AFCON we've done it b4 re Greedy?

Moderator Edit: No text-language allowed. Thanks.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom