Wilfried Bony

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by evoh_1, May 9, 2013.

1. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

In that case no way will Wenger sign him unless he's free, which he won't be. Giroud and even Chamakh at least linked up well.

2. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

.. What? He started out completely out of sync with the team but since he found form he's been great.

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/hljKYrjt6It</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[​IMG]

Not sure how that's horrific. Now you've seem successful moves go through him at least :lol:

He hasn't done enough to match the asking price though, even if they bought him for around £12m. Could be a purple patch for all we know.

3. Wouterus

Wouterus New Member

Fair enough, although the lack of runners could be solved by the return of Walcott and signing a pacy LW as well, as there seem to be more top class wide forwards available than strikers. Bony would solve one problem I have with Giroud though, which is the fact that he isn't clinical enough and never looks dangerous against other top teams.

Mandzukic is a no for me as well, and the Africa Cup Of Nations is a definite drawback of signing Bony.

4. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

How do those vines show a successful move going through Bony? all I see is a ball being sent up to him and him getting past a defender with a nice trick. I'm talking about holding up the ball and being able to contribute in general to team play and not just standing up front detached from the build up, Giroud does that to an extent however I'm yet to see that from Bony at Swansea so far.

5. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Steamfried Bony, Batterfried Bony, Deepfried Bony, Stirfried Bony.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Creamed Bony, Raw Bony, Poached Bony, Peppered Bony.

Smoked Bony.

Am I doing it right?

7. Suave Gooner89

Suave Gooner89 New Member

No way - apparently his buy out clause is 25 million?

Not interested - not the calibre, nor the type of striker we need.

Would much prefer Remy and that's not saying much; plus, Bony will miss a large chunk of the season when he departs for the AFCON.

8. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Agreed - hence why I said in the initial post that I'd consider bony as an alternative to Mandzukic IF we weren't 'in' for Balotelli.

9. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

The article in the link I posted says that the release clause is 19m.

As for the AFCON we've done it b4 re Greedy?

Moderator Edit: No text-language allowed. Thanks.

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He's pretty good but think there are better options.

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

We've won **** all before too.