• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I reckon you'll bring in some DM out of nowhere to cover for Arteta.

Then again, I couldn't believe Wenger sold Song without buying any cover for him, so what the **** do I know.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Dokaka said:
I reckon you'll bring in some DM out of nowhere to cover for Arteta.

Then again, I couldn't believe Wenger sold Song without buying any cover for him, so what the **** do I know.
What we needed was cover for Diaby, not Song... :wink:

silent_shadow

Established Member
Fine without him. He'd take up the position where we really need to be spending big money on "exceptional quality". Yeah, I know it's unlikely we'll actually do that...

Glovegun

Established Member
jones said:
Yeah, doesn't mean anything really. Just this week, Dortmund's boss Watzke commented on any interest in Sahin as "laughable speculation".. two days later he signs for them.

Villa is still not coming. Zaha not likely, and I get the feeling that we're not getting anybody anymore. I think we don't have a single injured player in the whole squad bar Fabianski right now, and Wenger will somehow pull off 4th with the players he has. Nothing new to see here, move on.

This.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would be hugely disapointing to miss out on Zaha. We could afford him so why not loan him back. If the reason we haven't bidded is to make room for Miyaich or Gnabry then it underlines everything that is wrong with this team. For all the furore of the british lads signing Jenks, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox and Theo(?) united aren't half putting together a solid core with Jones, Smalling, Evans, Cleverly, Powell, Welbeck and Zaha(?)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
Would be hugely disapointing to miss out on Zaha. We could afford him so why not loan him back. If the reason we haven't bidded is to make room for Miyaich or Gnabry then it underlines everything that is wrong with this team. For all the furore of the british lads signing Jenks, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox and Theo(?) united aren't half putting together a solid core with Jones, Smalling, Evans, Cleverly, Powell, Welbeck and Zaha(?)

You've an awful habit of overrating other teams. We've seen almost nothing of Powell at this level to suggest he's going to be a star, Jones has been inconsistent, Cleverley is as average as average comes, Welbeck is another overrated average player too. Only Smalling and Evans have impressed me from what I've seen of them. With that said Evans was public enemy no. 1 at Yanited not long ago.

I remember you posting about how good Liverpool look on paper too, and you're forever overrating the Chavs. Chill bro, only the two Manchester teams are better than us by a fair distance, and ON PAPER there's not much between ourselves and Yanited.

I'd rather our British core than anyone else's in the league.

ArsenalDNA

@TGG

While i agree with most of your post I think it's a bit of a stretch to say we aren't too far behind United on paper. They **** all over us in probably every position but probably goalkeeper...and maaaaaaaaybe midfield.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
truth_hurts said:

1. You've an awful habit of overrating other teams. We've seen almost nothing of Powell at this level to suggest he's going to be a star, Jones has been inconsistent, Cleverley is as average as average comes, Welbeck is another overrated average player too. Only Smalling and Evans have impressed me from what I've seen of them. With that said Evans was public enemy no. 1 at Yanited not long ago.

2. I remember you posting about how good Liverpool look on paper too, and 3. you're forever overrating the Chavs. Chill bro, only the two Manchester teams are better than us by a fair distance, and 4. ON PAPER there's not much between ourselves and Yanited.

1. How is saying 'that is a solid core' vastly overrating???? I would call it giving credit where it is due. Out of the mentioned united players I would only call Smalling top class however Evans, Cleverley and Welbeck are playing out of their skins. it is called the Fergie effect and it is why I have no doubt that Jones, Powell and Zaha (if signed) will play out of their skins also and these 3 for me are more talented the the 3 aforementioned players.

2. Would you disagree that Liverpool look good on paper?

3. It's not possible to unless I said that they were better than Barcelona and I haven't said anything of the sort.

4. Us and United are light years apart on paper and in reality. League position and recent encounters prove this more than any debate could ever.

Zaha would succeed at United and it would be frustrating to watch.

Glovegun

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

You've an awful habit of overrating other teams. We've seen almost nothing of Powell at this level to suggest he's going to be a star, Jones has been inconsistent, Cleverley is as average as average comes, Welbeck is another overrated average player too. Only Smalling and Evans have impressed me from what I've seen of them. With that said Evans was public enemy no. 1 at Yanited not long ago.

Powell is very, very young. I wouldn't want to judge him either way.

Cleverley is IMO quite underrated by a lot of people on this board. I find it refreshing that there is another young English midfielder, besides Jack, who likes to get the ball down and play with it. I'd rather someone technically accomplished like him than an eye-catching player like Parker or Cattermole who just charges about. Carrick got tarred with the same brush at Cleverley's age - I think its just an English problem to see ball-playing midfielders as not doing enough. Scholes wasn't that highly rated in his youth either. Not enough anyway.

Welbeck is also decent. Good all-round striker. Evans is also a solid back-up, and I wish we'd been able to snap up Smalling.

Don't rate Phil Jones in the slightest though. Think we dodged a bullet there.

Giroud

Established Member
I agree on Cleverly, seems to be underrated. He's doing a decent job for United and Fergie is using him well. Seems to be progressing.

outlaw_member

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

I remember you posting about how good Liverpool look on paper too, and you're forever overrating the Chavs. Chill bro, only the two Manchester teams are better than us by a fair distance, and ON PAPER there's not much between ourselves and Yanited.

The same can be said about Jenkinson, Ramsey and Gibbs, in that they've not really impressed. Wilshere and Oxlade are in a league of their own, though.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
1. How is saying 'that is a solid core' vastly overrating???? I would call it giving credit where it is due. Out of the mentioned united players I would only call Smalling top class however Evans, Cleverley and Welbeck are playing out of their skins. it is called the Fergie effect and it is why I have no doubt that Jones, Powell and Zaha (if signed) will play out of their skins also and these 3 for me are more talented the the 3 aforementioned players.

2. Would you disagree that Liverpool look good on paper?

3. It's not possible to unless I said that they were better than Barcelona and I haven't said anything of the sort.

4. Us and United are light years apart on paper and in reality. League position and recent encounters prove this more than any debate could ever.

Zaha would succeed at United and it would be frustrating to watch.

1. It is overrating. I'm all for giving credit when due, I do so all the time. But I hate football fans, particularly my fellow Gooners, falling in the trap of overrating Yanited players. Ignore the biased media opinions and look at it from a footballing perspective; Welbeck, Jones, Cleverley, Powell aren't/ haven't shown anything special, despite what the media would have you believe. Our British players have all shown SOMETHING to suggest they could become top class players, albeit the likes of Rambo and Gibbo get a bit of stick.

2. Aside from Gerrard, Suarez and Skrtel I can't see many other Liverpool players starting for us. It's actually debatable whether people would want Santi or Gerrard based on form too. Gerrard's looking a bit past it recently. (Ox is better than Sterling).

3. So, to overrate a team, you must say they're better than Barcelona? Otherwise ridiculously high praise is perfectly acceptable? Gotcha ;)

4. In terms of individual quality, Yanited are not light years ahead. Back to your point about The Fergie Effect, I agree. He's a brilliant motivator and can definitely get the best out of average players. He pips Le Prof in this area. But;

Szczesny > De Gea

Sagna > Rafael
Mertesacker = Ferdinand
Vermaelen < Vidic
Gibbs < Evra (just)

Chamberlain > Valencia (ox has more to offer, and will only improve)
Arteta > Carrick (although I do rate carrick)
Wilshere > Cleverley
Cazorla > Nani

Walcott < Rooney
Giroud < Judas

Fergie is a better tactician a and motivator than Arsène. But Wenger is much better at developing players and working under financial constraints.

And purely due to the fact that Fergie has the F.A in his back pocket and is the dictionary definition of the word 'hypocrite';

Arsène WENGER > SAF.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I rate Arteta a little over Carrick (both underrated) but Evra and Rafael over Gibbs and Sagna this season

But all that aside their match winners in RVP/Rooney are 2 leagues above our match winners, not to mention their second tier match winners arguably better than our best match winners. They play as a team much better than us too.

Fergie has spent countless more than Wenger but his team is much better currently, it pains me to say

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
WTF I missed Valencia over Chamberlain, dead god. Cazorla has a case over Nani, although Nani isn't even a starter this year

dreamLord

Established Member
Mertesacker = Ferdinand
Arteta > Carrick
Chamberlain > Valencia
Cazorla > Nani
Wenger> SAF

:lol: Talk about overrating our players. Why the **** are we 6th then? Bad luck? Injuries? Referee decisions against us? You've rated each of United's midfielders lower than ours, but this was the same midfield (except Nani) that made us look piss poor against them. Surely with 'Wenger>SAF' coaching the better players we ought to have been more than a match for United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom