• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They are not a good comparison. Ox has huge potential to grow as a player. Especially in a counter attacking, pressing team. Iwobi doesn’t.

Yeah sure, Wenger gave Iwobi a chance in EPL also almost as young age because he saw no talent there. Your judgement of Iwobi seems pretty clouded. His biggest issue is making better decisions near the goal.

Iwobi has potential in other types of teams, wow. Iwobi has 3 years in contract and is not injury prone, so that evens everything out. Look at the stats man, look at the stats. They are above.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah sure, Wenger gave Iwobi a chance in EPL also almost as young age because he saw no talent there. Your judgement of Iwobi seems pretty clouded. His biggest issue is making better decisions near the goal.

Iwobi has potential in other types of teams, wow. Iwobi has 3 years in contract and is not injury prone, so that evens everything out. Look at the stats man, look at the stats. They are above.
Of course he’s talented, but it’s worrying that a young player gets backed to play most of this season and we see no improvement from him.

Young players rarely get the chances Iwobi has got. Said it before, he must be phenomenal in training.

drippin

Let’s see who makes big bids for Iwobi this summer. My guess - no club.

Of course not, he is not put for sale and has 3 years in contract, so they would have to pay overprice. Better to focus on cheaper potential players, not the ones in top clubs who have somewhat bigger wages already.

drippin

Of course he’s talented, but it’s worrying that a young player gets backed to play most of this season and we see no improvement from him.

Young players rarely get the chances Iwobi has got. Said it before, he must be phenomenal in training.

Yeah next season is very important for him. Would be interesting to see him in central role. Luckily we can get good money for him even next year with his contract.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Iwobi is a Chelsea or Liverpool player he would be sold for 30 mil. But because our club is an absolute joke at selling our players he will be sold for 20 mil.

I'm hoping that those days of selling cheap are over with our new set up within the club. Sanchez and Ramsey leaving for free. Talented youngsters being given away. Thing of the past I hope.

Chambers player of the year at a Premier League team - 30m plus
Bielik - Player of the year at a league 1 club - loan him back and watch his value shoot to 15m if he plays well in the championship.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Maybe try a swap deal plus cash for Zaha with Crystal Palace. Thinks Alex fits their bill pretty well.

Agree. I've said it already though - Zaha to City makes loads of sense sadly. Bernardo Silva will probably play cm next year, Sane looks to be on the way out. City need a quality wide man.

WhatAFC

Who said iwobi has no talent?

I said that ox has a much higher ceiling which he can progress to, especially given his athleticism. Iwobi doesn’t give any indication that he’s going to dramatically improve in terms of output or physical attributes.

Has iwobi produced stand out performances? He’s had 1 motm his career.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The likes of West Ham, Everton, Bournemouth, Watford and maybe even Wolves would all be keen.
Not sure. With the money and ambition Wolves and Everton have, think they’ll be targeting a more polished player.

Think he’ll cost too much for Bournemouth and Watford.

Proof is in the pudding, let’s see who bids and how much. For me despite him being a starter this season, he hasn’t kicked on.

drippin

Who said iwobi has no talent?

I said that ox has a much higher ceiling which he can progress to, especially given his athleticism. Iwobi doesn’t give any indication that he’s going to dramatically improve in terms of output or physical attributes.

Has iwobi produced stand out performances? He’s had 1 motm his career.

Here:

They are not a good comparison. Ox has huge potential to grow as a player. Iwobi doesn’t.

Iwobi is 2,5 years younger than Ox, and even now he has similar stats as Ox. So he has that time to even better Ox's achievements and level. Your opinion of their talents is yours.

So you're saying Iwobi isn't athletic? I'd say he is. Very good physical attributes for a young footballer. Pretty fast with the ball although not as fast as Ox, although not sure after all his injuries. Injuries usually diminish player's potential.

How many MotM performances has Ox got in EPL? I'm pretty sure not too many with his stats.

Anyway they are the best comparison I can think of from Arsenal. You're free to suggest other comparisons. Iwobi should not be sold under 30 millions this year, that would solidify the "bad seller" thing people here speak of about Arsenal. Ox was great sale in his last year, especially in hindsight as he got a bad injury again.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Surprised that Chambers is so low. Surprised that Iwobi is so high, but he should be above 30m all things considered.

Technically we can shift all of that and replace with a starting CB and winger. I.e. Umtiti/Manolas and Zaha/Pepe with minimum net spend. They idea that we can not afford top players is a fallacy.

They actually give a range and that was the low end. Chambers and Mustafi were both given a range of €15-20 million. I do think Arsenal might get a bit more for Chambers (maybe £20 million), but who knows? Iwobi's range was €50-70 million, which surprised me a bit, but then he's still young at 23 and has great potential. He just needs to improve on his end product and maybe be a bit more consistent. Sometimes he's very good.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Here:

Iwobi is 2,5 years younger than Ox, and even now he has similar stats as Ox. So he has that time to even better Ox's achievements and level. Your opinion of their talents is yours.

So you're saying Iwobi isn't athletic? I'd say he is. Very good physical attributes for a young footballer. Pretty fast with the ball although not as fast as Ox, although not sure after all his injuries. Injuries usually diminish player's potential.

How many MotM performances has Ox got in EPL? I'm pretty sure not too many with his stats.

Anyway they are the best comparison I can think of from Arsenal. You're free to suggest other comparisons. Iwobi should not be sold under 30 millions this year, that would solidify the "bad seller" thing people here speak of about Arsenal. Ox was great sale in his last year, especially in hindsight as he got a bad injury again.
Iwobi's problems are all in his head: confidence and decision making, the latter being influenced by the first. Ox had confidence and ability, but lacked in the decision making department and was injury prone on top of that.

If Iwobi can fix the mental aspect I think he can become a very good player. He's really a kid mentally (just listen to any of his interviews). The question is if we can wait for him to develop. He would have benefitted from a loan somewhere the past seasons.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Emery has seen it. He's spoken a few times about how much Iwobi is improving (while also saying there are areas where he must still improve). He's only 23. I think it's too early to be giving up on him or casting him into the failure pile.

WhatAFC

Here:

What you quoted is not me saying iwobi has no talent. I don’t know how you think it does.

Ox has 7 motm.

drippin

What you quoted is not me saying iwobi has no talent. I don’t know how you think it does.

Ox has 7 motm.

You said Iwobi doesn't have huge potential like Ox has. Well they have performed very similarly in EPL by stats in similar positions, and Iwobi hasn't had many injuries hinder his potential. So like above two posters say also, Iwobi has huge potential still, just turned 23 this month. We can disagree, no problem.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whilst that is somewhat true, if they were a coup then the buying club wouldn’t mind paying extra in wages. We’re not talking like these players were on 100k+. It was fringe players on 50-70k that was a problem to move on back then.
50-70 is huge wages.

Midtable teams can't pay 20m plus 70k wages. The coup part comes with players like Elnenny and chambers who are seasoned veterans. But they're not accepting 35K

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure. With the money and ambition Wolves and Everton have, think they’ll be targeting a more polished player.

Think he’ll cost too much for Bournemouth and Watford.

Proof is in the pudding, let’s see who bids and how much. For me despite him being a starter this season, he hasn’t kicked on.

Everton are a banter club, they’ve spent big money on Walcott, Tosun, Bolasie, 40M on Sigurdsson, Yerry Mina, Davy Klassen, Oumar Niasse and Schneiderlin. Not one bit of value there.

Watford have spent money on Andre Gray and Bournemouth on Lerma and Solanke. He might not be good enough for us but what he’s shown is going to be enough for clubs fighting over him.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom