• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Miyaichi make it at Arsenal?

a_fourteen

Established Member
A most unusual signing Ryo Miyaichi has been. Unheard of and ushered in straight for school boy football into arsenal's first team. We've heard he has pace and great close in control but as he gets ready to head out on his third loan spell the question remains.....will he make it at arsenal? Discuss.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OF COURSE HE WILL
He had a great loan spell at Bolton and hopefully Wigan will be his finishing school

Wouterus

Too early to tell, but the potential is clearly there. He is still only 19 years old. The competition is tough for his position atm. He needs to play 90 minutes every week, not the occasional sub appearance. A loan spell at Wigan would be great for him.

ArsenalDNA

I think he will. I'm not as confident as jmsmtthw28, but all the signs are there that he's a very talented player.

He's had two extremely encouraging loan spells and looks like he will be heading out to Wigan this year which will be great for him.

He's got a lot of things going for him, the only thing holding him back now is his lack of experience.

gavboyle

I'm not sure, we've got players like the Ox and Walcott who were both bought and brought straight into the main squad and quite quickly put pressure on the first team and almost guaranteed a position on the bench, so with Miyaichi being put out on loan for a third time it means he is still not ready for our first team and still needs to become a bit more mature and ready for the Arsenal first team...he can either do a Wilshere and when he comes back we give him a chance and he excels hugely or he'll do an Aliadiere.

Hope this kid becomes a success though, he's just so so quick and impressed on both loan spells! Wigan will be perfect for him if that's where he ends up out on loan.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Fa sure!......Apart form his footballing abilities his head seems in the right place. I thought he was going to play some part in our 1st team this season however, the proposed loan move to Wigan for the season would be ideal.

Mudi

The most important thing to pay attention with youngsters is the football IQ. Is it high, then the player have a very big chance to make. Otherwise, the player has to gain experience to match the FB IQ.

From what I have seen (Feyenoord, us and Bolton), Ryo has a higher FB IQ than Gervinho or Walcott.

So yeah, he def. have the talent to make it.

The reason why's on loan is because he has to adapt to the physical part of the competition (unlike Ox or Wilshere who have an incredible body for their age).

A 1 year loan spell at wigan would be perfect for him:
1) He will get playing time. At an age of 19 to play in the premier league is priceless.
2) He will be nearby Manchester (40 km between Wigan and Manchester). He can hang out with Kagawa and learn a lot from him. This friendship will save him from been a lonely boy.
3) We can follow his development better than when he's @Arsenal.

Next year, he will be a squad player or have another loan spell. Over two or three years, he will be our main LW. I'm very confident of this guy because he got the talent, discipline and determination.

a_fourteen

Established Member
I too think he has bags of promise but let's be honest when has wenger sent a young player he believes in on three loan spells? I hope he doesn't turn out to be another vela or Bendtner.

Vibra

Established Member
You can never tell, but he seems to have the tools

What I love though is that I just watched the free video on the arsenal player from the tour when they were in Hong Kong and they asked Ryo a question about Tai Chi and he answered in better English than half the team, and a year ago he couldn't speak a word. A very good sign that

@a_fourteen

Sure he has already had 2 loans but he was loaned to Feyenoord cause he didn't have a permit and the other one was to a premier league club where he got plenty of game time

say yes

forum master baiter
Probably not, very few of our young talents have actually made it here and no one can seriously predict how he will develop. His work ethic will be a huge asset and he's undoubtedly hugely talented, so he stands a better chance than most - but for every Ronaldo there is a Quaresma.

yuvken

Established Member
You guys actually watched Ryo?

He'll make it here. He'll be a star here. If he stays long enough and gets the chance. Speed, control, brain, exceptional work ethic, great desire for the game, good character.

3 loans is a surprise? he came straight from school to the dutch league at 18. Loan spell at wigan (if happens) will be fantastic, just what he needs.
Mudi said:
The most important thing to pay attention with youngsters is the football IQ. Is it high, then the player have a very big chance to make. Otherwise, the player has to gain experience to match the FB IQ.

you know Park is said to have an IQ of 150, right?
(yes, I know you said "football IQ" :)
he got the talent, discipline and determination
yup. Good mix, and the spark is there to ignite.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
I too think he has bags of promise but let's be honest when has wenger sent a young player he believes in on three loan spells? I hope he doesn't turn out to be another vela or Bendtner.

Wenger was forced to loan him to Feyenoord due to his work permit issues when he first came here. So consider this his second loan spell if this move to Wigan eventuates. I for one think he will not only make it at Arsenal but be a superstar here as well.

Airknight

Established Member
The most important thing is that the guy has a good attitude and can easily reach a good level, impressed at Feyenoord and had a few sparks since then. With someone like Martinez he can work on things like his decision making or his finishing, and be a step closer to become a lethal player.

Also, What is a football IQ? it's like mental strength or moral points?

BeijingBaller

redanddread said:
Fa sure!......Apart form his footballing abilities his head seems in the right place. I thought he was going to play some part in our 1st team this season however, the proposed loan move to Wigan for the season would be ideal.

This. And as Yuvken and a_fourteen noted, his step up from schoolboy to European top flight is unique, so it's tough to extrapolate from his loans to judge his chances the waywe can players with more traditional developments.

progman07

Established Member
a_fourteen said:

Exactly. Just the thing is, you have got the facts right, and the reasoning wrong.

I don't want Miayichi to become the next Bendtner, which means rotting on the bench for seasons, getting chances here and there, and out of position. I want to him get game time in a smaller PL team before getting ready for 20-25 games a season at Arsenal.

Also, Wenger has changed, he has realised that the oldschool Denilson strategy just doesn't work, just because a youngster is talented it doesn't mean we should throw him into the deep. At least, I'm hopeful he has realised. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom