• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Miyaichi make it at Arsenal?

Anzac

Established Member
TBH I'd prefer Ryo & Ox, :bounce
but it doesn't make for the same snappy headline. :wink:
I just can't imagine Walcott being called a wing wizard. :|

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anzac said:
TBH I'd prefer Ryo & Ox, :bounce
but it doesn't make for the same snappy headline. :wink:
I just can't imagine Walcott being called a wing wizard. :|

The Ox ain't going to be out wide within a year or so IMO. He's been earmarked for a midfield role. He's just learning his trade out there ATM.

The Ox doesn't offer the direct threat out wide that Theo does but he's a much more complete footballer and in Arsène's total footballing concept Theo better learn a few more tricks than push and run if he wants to be a star in this team.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Ryo could improve his link up play. I rarely see him exchange one twos with central midfielders and strikers which is a key aspect of our game.

leo_ense

Established Member
If he continues his development he will be part of our squad next season. Great talent and to think we plucked him from high school football in Japan and the progress he has made already.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
a_fourteen said:
Ryo could improve his link up play. I rarely see him exchange one twos with central midfielders and strikers which is a key aspect of our game.[/quote]

Watch him some more then. Obviously as a winger he'll want to take on his FB as many times as he can. What has impressed me about Ryo is how he can find a pass to his strikers or lay it off to his midfielders with almost perfect angle & weight whilst moving at a near full speed.

I think you also have to look at the teams he is playing in. Bolton & Wigan are not as good, nor have as good a mixture of players as Arsenal. Whilst Bolton under Coyle (are trying to become a passing team) and Wigan under Martinez are a passing team, there intricacy in the final 1/3rd is nowhere as complete as it has been at Arsenal thus it is unlikely that you will see as many of these cute one-twos. He has much to learn but he's smart footballer and would learn to play in our system in a heartbeat IMO.

infineon

Established Member
It is hard to know how a player like Ryo will develop. He could be the next Ronaldo, he could be a Nani, he could be Stewart Downing! His game is based around incredible speed, individual dribbling ability and the confidence to just run at people without fear. The critical bit is whether he can learn to find the right balance between being a team player and being an outstanding individual.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Think he's closer to Ronaldo than Downing in potential terms, could be an absolute monster in a few years. Can't wait to have a prime Ryo and Ox on the wings for us in a few years, gonna be epic.

a_fourteen

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Think he's closer to Ronaldo than Downing in potential terms, could be an absolute monster in a few years. Can't wait to have a prime Ryo and Ox on the wings for us in a few years, gonna be epic.
He's close to neither. FFS Ronaldo is the most complete player in the world. I'd be delighted if ryo becomes even half as good. Lets say nani level.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Think you may have confused the word "close" with "closer". And you may have missed the word "potential" too.

Oh well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
To be fair, the only player close to Ronaldo in terms of potential currently is probably Carlton Cole.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Carlton Cole is world class. Who needs 50-60 goals a season? Cole's overall contribution to his team puts him way ahead of Ronaldo, who Madrid have to carry every season.

need I clarify that this is a sarcastic post?

a_fourteen

Established Member
arsenalfan4ever said:
I'm sorry, but this getting ridiculous. Why do people over hype Messi and Ronaldo so much?
Guessing it may have something to do with the whole scoring 60 goals a season thing. You know how carried away people can get.

yuvken

Established Member
mistaT said:
:lol:

But comparing anyone to Ronaldo is bound to invite rebuttals
Actually Ricky made that call almost immediately when he came here (the first Feynoord days). He saw his ability to deal with the ball in supersonic conditions (I thought then he'd be more like an Arshavin on a rocket).

Anyway - he's got talent, and the great thing about him is that you know he'll never ever stop working hard. That means he'll be there. And he will not *** off to Barca when he's ready. Nor will he ever be a punk like Ronaldo.

a_fourteen

Established Member
yuvken said:
mistaT said:
:lol:

But comparing anyone to Ronaldo is bound to invite rebuttals
Actually Ricky made that call almost immediately when he came here (the first Feynoord days). He saw his ability to deal with the ball in supersonic conditions (I thought then he'd be more like an Arshavin on a rocket).

Anyway - he's got talent, and the great thing about him is that you know he'll never ever stop working hard. That means he'll be there. And he will not *** off to Barca when he's ready. Nor will he ever be a punk like Ronaldo.
Does your crystall ball also predict rises in interest rates and next weeks weather?

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom