• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Miyaichi make it at Arsenal?

musicmonkey

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
yuvken said:
mistaT said:
:lol:

But comparing anyone to Ronaldo is bound to invite rebuttals
Actually Ricky made that call almost immediately when he came here (the first Feynoord days). He saw his ability to deal with the ball in supersonic conditions (I thought then he'd be more like an Arshavin on a rocket).

Anyway - he's got talent, and the great thing about him is that you know he'll never ever stop working hard. That means he'll be there. And he will not *** off to Barca when he's ready. Nor will he ever be a punk like Ronaldo.
Does your crystall ball also predict rises in interest rates and next weeks weather?
I wouldn't mind the lotto numbers whilst we're at it :lol:
On topic: The guy could go any which way, needs to be in teams of real passing talent though. I don't fancy the supply he's had at his loan clubs.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
@musicmonkey

Wigan are as good a passing team in the lower echelons of the league as you'll find.

Aposta87

He has already shown in his loan spells that with very very little experience, he can contribute at the top level.

Very glad he has gone to Wigan who at least will try and play the ball around and not just bang it forward long, ala west ham and stoke.

A lot will depend on how he goes at Wigan this season. If he plays well and makes a decent impact, you should see him in the first team squad next season.

He has the tools and potential to really make it at Arsenal. Let's hope he does....

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A 19yr old in his 3rd season of top flight football, 2nd season in the PL
A players who's technically brilliant and one of the fastest in the league HE WILL MAKE IT AT ARSENAL

What Miyaichi lacks is simple - he needs experience because unlike most footballers he was schoolboy before he signed for us, he needs to physically develop and he needs to establish himself in the league while on loan

This in my view will be his final year on loan after which he will come into the team (in my view)

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unlike the majority Ryo has yet to persuade me that he'll 'make it here' (what does that actually mean? First team regular? Squad player?) though I'm not quite sure why, probably just a hunch. I think we have two younger players in a similar position (Ox and Gnabry) with more talent/chance of making it here than he and whist I don't doubt his potential or work ethic, something about him doesn't convince me that he's cut out for our team. If he proves me wrong and becomes a star I'll be thrilled for him and Arsenal though!

mr.mojo

hes 19, its way too early to judge whether he'l "make it" here. moses didnt perform till he was 21, and cleverly is only "making it" at united recently, since last year at the age of 22.

i count making it as being a member of the 1st team squad that gets a decent amount of game time because he offers something, instead of just being a back up in case of injuries.

there is a spot for him here but he'l have to contend with a few others. gnarby and him at the minute are the 2 up and coming wingers, as ox will be moved centrally. campbell looks a talent too but might be a striker, while wellington isnt up to much. wouldnt be surprised to see ryo brought into the squad next year for the CC and a small role in the PL/CL off the bench with maybe another loan if he cant get game time after january.

this year should be great for him, we saw what he can do in holland, the experience of trying to replicate that in england over a full season will only be a plus for him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Gnabry is a good talent but is still far behind Miyaichi in the pecking order. Both look very good prospects, though.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
1macca1 said:
I think we have two younger players in a similar position (Ox and Gnabry) with more talent/chance of making it here than he

Call me crazy but I wonder if Wenger would consider converting Ryo to an attacking fullback, I mean he's done that before with wingers, the most successful been Cashley and Ryo has the speed/pace/workrate and ball playing for the role

evoh_1

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
1macca1 said:
I think we have two younger players in a similar position (Ox and Gnabry) with more talent/chance of making it here than he

Call me crazy but I wonder if Wenger would consider converting Ryo to an attacking fullback, I mean he's done that before with wingers, the most successful been Cashley and Ryo has the speed/pace/workrate and ball playing for the role

If that was the plan it would have happened already, cole was a striker in youth football but you are unliekly to change drastically change position for a guy who is still finding his feet in pro football.

Plus we have seen nothing of his defensive skills apart from work rate and would lose his effectiveness in and around the box.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Ryo can never be a fullback. He is a out and out winger who is good with both feets. He is too pint sized and defensively weak to be an effective fullback.

Anybody know why he isn't starting for Wigan? I am a little perplexed. If he have a good season he can make it here.

mr.mojo

Clrnc said:
Ryo can never be a fullback. He is a out and out winger who is good with both feets. He is too pint sized and defensively weak to be an effective fullback.

Anybody know why he isn't starting for Wigan? I am a little perplexed. If he have a good season he can make it here.

because they have a squad of players who not only saved them from relegation, but played some of the best football in the country while doing so, beating us, united, liverpool, newcastle.

he has a full season ahead to make an impact and get games. hes being making sub appearances lately. itl take time but he'l get his chance. some of our fans seem to think that were doing smaller teams a favour by sending out our youngsters, as if theyre going to magically become top class and win them games.

wigan are doing us a favour by allowing ryo to be introduced to the league slowly while still training with good players in a team thats tries to play good football. some of our fans dont seem to understand that wigan might think its better for them to play someone who is used to their other players, knows the teams style/tactics, has experience in the league and at playing pro at the top level.

danccm

miyaichi isn't match fit yet, he only had one pre-season game for us. so martinez tries to ease him in by giving him 10-15 minutes here and there for the first few games.

i saw the stoke game and he was deployed as a SS for that game and given free role to roam from left to right and he has cause stoke so many problems in that brief 10min unfortunately non of the wigan strikers can finish it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Gnabry is a good talent but is still far behind Miyaichi in the pecking order. Both look very good prospects, though.

How is Gnabry "far behind" Miyaichi in the pecking order? It's not like Miyaichi is getting minutes with us. Gnabry is 17 years old, about the same age as when Wilshere and Cesc got their first Carling Cup match, and if Wenger considers Gnabry to be a talent on the level of those 2 he's going to be thrown into the deep end very soon. We'll get to see whether or not Gnabry has that in him very soon when he gets his Carling Cup minutes.

danccm

jmsmtthw28 said:
did no one see this guy play today?
nope...not shown on my country tv... but read the match review and he had a shot on goal saved and make a nice cut back but none of the wigan players read his play. and martinez says he looks dangerous for the opposition.

Kanonier

I believe that Ryo has the skill and pace to make it at Arsenal, but he needs to bulk up a little bit more to withstand the physicality of the English game.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom