• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Racism Mar Our New Look Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-d

Established Member
Sol said:
Like to regain some credibility jayd by explaining in English why you are making such ridiculous accusations based an nothing...
Credibility over an internet forum? I'm o.k actually, you ****. :lol:

A

Anonymous

You called me a racist in front of everyone, so should say why you think this in front of everyone.

I dont like being called a racist when you have no proof and nothing could be further from the truth (see how that rhymed! And you think you are better educated!)

Who are you anyway?

br02afc

When I picked up the sun I thought it would get people going!! Boy it certainly did, be nice to each other we are all gooners, we all the Thierry and Jose. The Spainish manager is a ****, he will get the sack anyway.

p.s. Come on England - Nice little trip to Madrid in November!!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
USArsenal said:
voomboom said:
that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist..

look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist.. yet an "African American" can call a white person a white person, a Cracker, a Honkie, etc without it being socially deemed as "racist"... its just the reality of it... at least over here. and i would think it may be the same in other places as well...

Thats BULLS*...and pls i know 90% of the guys in this forum are not in the US..but don't feed them this sh*. We don't mind being called black. The "African-American" term..just came not too long ago..part of the jesse jackson movement...and not all black folks use it. You go on about them having to move on..man is ain't that easy!!! Now granted there is quite a number of blacks..who overplay this whole race factor..but majority don't. Majority will still want to move on..only to be pulled back..by some racial profiling cop who stops them or some store owner...

Nothing i hate like when guys go on about "they" just have to move on. Sh* if it was that simple they wold have done so loong time ago. Don't underestimate the effects of slavery, second class citizens, discrimation ... That **** is real man..and I see it everyday among my people.

A white man would be less offended being called "boy" then a black man because we remember our past..when grown men with kids would be referred to as "boys" by their former masters. Its just flashback!!!!

Soler

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
A white man would be less offended being called "boy" then a black man because we remember our past..when grown men with kids would be referred to as "boys" by their former masters. Its just flashback!!!!

There's an odd tale to this I could tell on the origins of the word 'hobo'. Heh.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

There's an odd tale to this I could tell on the origins of the word 'hobo'. Heh.
please enlighten us..we definitely need that!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
USArsenal said:
voomboom said:
that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist..

look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist.. yet an "African American" can call a white person a white person, a Cracker, a Honkie, etc without it being socially deemed as "racist"... its just the reality of it... at least over here. and i would think it may be the same in other places as well...

Thats BULLS*...and pls i know 90% of the guys in this forum are not in the US..but don't feed them this sh*. We don't mind being called black. The "African-American" term..just came not too long ago..part of the jesse jackson movement...and not all black folks use it. You go on about them having to move on..man is ain't that easy!!! Now granted there is quite a number of blacks..who overplay this whole race factor..but majority don't. Majority will still want to move on..only to be pulled back..by some racial profiling cop who stops them or some store owner...

Nothing i hate like when guys go on about "they" just have to move on. Sh* if it was that simple they wold have done so loong time ago. Don't underestimate the effects of slavery, second class citizens, discrimation ... That s**t is real man..and I see it everyday among my people.

oh for the love of Christ.. here we go.. i am NOT getting into a United States social argument here.. you say the Jessa Jackson movemtn is recent.. well, Jesse Jackson has been around since the early 80's.. thats 20 years.. 20 years is not a "recent development"...

the fact is, those who are offended by this term of "black" are the ones who are public about it.. those who are not (and i will give you that not ALL black people in America have an issue with it) just do what they do and get on with their lives.. they dont make a stink about it..

and im not making light of the history of the black people in the USA, but every single nationality on the fac of the planet was enslaved or tread on at one time or another in history...

if you think i am being insensitive when i mention the phrase "move on", please read "Ten Things Not to Say in America" by Larry Elder... he is much much worse than I could ever hope to be, and he is black.

i have no problems in this world with black people.. never had.. never will.. there are black people that i dont like, just as there are white people i dont like.. just as there are hispanic and oriental people i dont like..... probably all for the same reasons, but it has nothing to do with race or religion...

Soler

Established Member
Even though it's locked I can still add a post, so meh :D

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Mad Jens said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

please enlighten us..we definitely need that!!

Hobo comes from slavery times in America. After they were freed the slaves used to roam around, visiting towns for food and that. After awhile the townsfolk in America would start shouting "Hey! The boys are coming!" as a warning for the shop owners to lock their doors, and so on.

After awhile it was gradually shortened to give the shop owners more time to lock their doors and windows. First it became "Hey! Boys are coming!", then "Hey! The Boys!", then "Hey! Boys!", soon being further shortened to "H'Boys!", and then finally "Hobo".

So there you have it. 'Hobo' comes from freed black slaves who had no where to live and used to roam around finding food in towns, and so on.

Amazing what you learn in school when you're ignoring the teacher.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
gunnertilldeath said:
i have another question about this Political correctness rubish. what am I supposed to be refered to?? i am black but certainly not american (thank God for that). i am not african american. but i guess since i am straight out of Africa, its okay for me to be refered to as black. there is a stoopid double standard in america about race. there is still racism against black people in america but white people are also targetted and it is all wrong. it doesnt f*n matter what colour a person is. racism is wrong. regardless of the target, white, pink, green, yellow or red. whoever the target is, it is a terrible part of the world we live in.

just a quick question, if your so glad your not American, why are you over here? honestly, not trying to be a wind up, im truly curious.. work reasons? etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom