• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Racism Mar Our New Look Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuuu

Established Member
With great dignity he returns to his feet and says - "I am black. I was born black. When I'm ill I'm black. When I go out in the sun I'm black. When I feel sick I'm black. When I get cold I'm black. And when I die I'll be black. Where as you concider yourself white, yet when you were born you were pink. When you're ill you are grey. When you go in the sun you go red. When you feel sick you're green. When you get cold you're blue.... and you call me coloured!"

:shock: All my life i thought someone in my school made that up because he handed it in as a poem for homework, and he must of nicked it from something else!

va_va_voom

There's so much contraversy on these boards at the moment, no one knows who's going to write what next!!

I tell thee, if I was one of the admin I'd be sweating like Big Ron at the Notting Hill carnival!!!

jay-d

Established Member
kanuuu said:
With great dignity he returns to his feet and says - "I am black. I was born black. When I'm ill I'm black. When I go out in the sun I'm black. When I feel sick I'm black. When I get cold I'm black. And when I die I'll be black. Where as you concider yourself white, yet when you were born you were pink. When you're ill you are grey. When you go in the sun you go red. When you feel sick you're green. When you get cold you're blue.... and you call me coloured!"

:shock: All my life i thought someone in my school made that up because he handed it in as a poem for homework, and he must of nicked it from something else!
lol

voomboom

hey, thats a racist joke! you're a reverse racist against white people.... go on, admit it, you hate your own race dont you??? you're actually a 'wigga' and your secret hero is elija mohammad!?!?!?!?

...................no, i'm sorry, there's just no way to inject humour into this topic is there???

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
OK guys.

Now there's a bit of calm, this topic was meant to be about the possible effect on the Reyes/Henry relationship.

If people want to return to that, fine.

If not though I think this thread may be reaching the end of it's useful life. Everyone's had a chance to have their say and get their opinions over on the racism or not of the original statement, so although I'm not locking this right now maybe we should all move on.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
jay-d said:
USArsenal said:
i dont think he was referring directly to you Sol.. chill out... but he is right, black people are just as racist as white people can be... come hang out in Compton, Los Angeles of Harlem, NYC for a while, you will understand that comment... or just listen to half of the rap songs out there... people who live in the 'hood do NOT have fond feelings towards "white" people.... its not right, but it certainly exists... and it is certainly more "socially" acceptable for a black person to be racist against whites than it is the other way around... at least thats how it is here in the 'States

and jay-d, get f*cking real mate.. live in the real world..... white people do NOT care if you call them white.... it would be the "c*nt" part that may be offensive..

i'm tellling you from a black point of view if i said "white" something then the only reason i would say white is to be racist and the same goes for the one who says "black" something and if you say different then your the one who needs to get f'ing real as you put it and live in the real world.

well, that may be the reason you SAY it.. but take it from a "white" point of view, white people dont considered being called white racist... this is what i mean by "live in the real world"... that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist.. a white person will not feel that same way when called "white"... that is the stark reality... if you think its any different, you really are living in la-la land.....

jay-d

Established Member
USArsenal said:
jay-d said:
USArsenal said:
i dont think he was referring directly to you Sol.. chill out... but he is right, black people are just as racist as white people can be... come hang out in Compton, Los Angeles of Harlem, NYC for a while, you will understand that comment... or just listen to half of the rap songs out there... people who live in the 'hood do NOT have fond feelings towards "white" people.... its not right, but it certainly exists... and it is certainly more "socially" acceptable for a black person to be racist against whites than it is the other way around... at least thats how it is here in the 'States

and jay-d, get f*cking real mate.. live in the real world..... white people do NOT care if you call them white.... it would be the "c*nt" part that may be offensive..

i'm tellling you from a black point of view if i said "white" something then the only reason i would say white is to be racist and the same goes for the one who says "black" something and if you say different then your the one who needs to get f'ing real as you put it and live in the real world.

well, that may be the reason you SAY it.. but take it from a "white" point of view, white people dont considered being called white racist... this is what i mean by "live in the real world"... that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist.. a white person will not feel that same way when called "white"... that is the stark reality... if you think its any different, you really are living in la-la land.....
Ok blacks are paranoid , whites are not , I can't be bothered. :roll:

maniak

ok then. i think that this is what going to happen

reyes does not agree with aragones, but he was out of the euro2004 so he must feel that he has not a garanted (how do i write this?) place in the squad. therefore the worst thing he could do was begin a personal war with the coach over this. that would mean he probably wouldn´t be called for the national team the times to come

he´ll have a talk to henry in which he´ll tell him he does not agree with the coach and explain him with i write above, and henry, that´s not a small child and he can get over this will understand reyes position of trying to calm things down and they live hapilly ever after scoring loads of goals for arsenal and hug eachother while vieira lifts the CL trophy

A

Anonymous

I dont want to return this thread to the ridiculous state of before but...

jay-d said:
Sol said:
This thread sums up everything that is wrong with this board.
Whatever Sol, why don't you just defend the geezer like you want to?

I think that is referring directly to me dont you think US?
And I think it is implying that I am racist.

People like you jay d who accuse people of being racist and then run away from it like a little kid are imo worse than the racists themselves, and you are in my opinion a ****.

Do you still care to explain that cowardly comment?

voomboom

that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist..

did you not read what I wrote before??? that statement is so untrue its not funny. who here who is black has said that they find being called black offensive?? all anyone has said is that if you call us black ****s, we'll take it as a racist comment.

what's so difficult to understand about that??? link black with an insult and we find it racist. once this guy called me a black ****, so i called him a white peice of **** and he was obviously insulted at the white part!!! so dont tell me that white people dont find being called white offensive.

end.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Sol said:

jay-d said:
Sol said:

i thought you were referring to a different post when you said that.. my mistake...

hesham

Established Member
i dont care wat any1 says the comments that guy said was ****ing digusting and racist and for Reyes to actually defend him is a ****ing digrace if i was Henry i would be WELL pissed with reyes not to mention that other ******

jay-d

Established Member
Sol said:

jay-d said:
Sol said:

People like you jay d who accuse people of being racist and then run away from it like a little kid are imo worse than the racists themselves, and you are in my opinion a ****.

Do you still care to explain that cowardly comment?

Sol your opinion means nowt to me, i actually PM'd you the reasons why i said it so ask the mods why u aint got it. So i never ran away i replied to you 1 on 1 cause i aint got a point to prove to the board you ****. You really think your it don't ya :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
voomboom said:
that is what is different... a black person will take anyone who calls or describes him as "black" as a racist..

did you not read what I wrote before??? that statement is so untrue its not funny. who here who is black has said that they find being called black offensive?? all anyone has said is that if you call us black ****s, we'll take it as a racist comment.

what's so difficult to understand about that??? link black with an insult and we find it racist. once this guy called me a black c**t, so i called him a white peice of s**t and he was obviously insulted at the white part!!! so dont tell me that white people dont find being called white offensive.

end.

i disagree.. people on here are saying that it was the description of "black" in Aragones' statement that was racist.. well, that says it all right there.. are you telling me that if Aragones said "tell that black Frenchman...", you would be any happier with the statement? no, i dont think you would.. you would still say he put the emphasis on "black".... what if he called Henry a "Frog".. would it have been any better?

look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist.. yet an "African American" can call a white person a white person, a Cracker, a Honkie, etc without it being socially deemed as "racist"... its just the reality of it... at least over here. and i would think it may be the same in other places as well...

jay-d

Established Member
USArsenal said:
voomboom said:

what's so difficult to understand about that??? link black with an insult and we find it racist. once this guy called me a black c**t, so i called him a white peice of s**t and he was obviously insulted at the white part!!! so dont tell me that white people dont find being called white offensive.

end.

i disagree.. people on here are saying that it was the description of "black" in Aragones' statement that was racist.. well, that says it all right there.. are you telling me that if Aragones said "tell that black Frenchman...", you would be any happier with the statement? no, i dont think you would.. you would still say he put the emphasis on "black".... what if he called Henry a "Frog".. would it have been any better?

look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist.. yet an "African American" can call a white person a white person, a Cracker, a Honkie, etc without it being socially deemed as "racist"... its just the reality of it... at least over here. and i would think it may be the same in other places as well...

Sorry but what you say is wrong i have no issue with being called a black man and anyone who does has issues but when combined with an insult such as **** or **** then racist undertones are obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom